ET9000

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

Re: Permanent Timeshift #21 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 10 July 2011 - 14:19

The version from feed is the latest and with latest fixes in file_eraser.cpp, it works fine. Just update your image.

Re: Permanent Timeshift #22 MrKappa

• 81 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 10 July 2011 - 18:46

Thanks. I'm testing right now and seems to be fine.
Great job!!

Re: Permanent Timeshift #23 Dvsat

• 447 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 11 July 2011 - 00:02

The version from feed is the latest and with latest fixes in file_eraser.cpp, it works fine. Just update your image.

Pls, could you say where are to find "file_eraser.cpp" in the latest OpenPli-image of VU+DUO ??

Re: Permanent Timeshift #24 hemispherical1

• 1,596 posts

+49
Good

Posted 11 July 2011 - 00:38

It's now included with the source code to compile enigma2, it's not something you'd add to an existing image. Install the latest image to use the new file_eraser.cpp.

--
hemi

Re: Permanent Timeshift #25 Dvsat

• 447 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:37

It's now included with the source code to compile enigma2, it's not something you'd add to an existing image. Install the latest image to use the new file_eraser.cpp.

Thanks for the clear answer. Posted Image
Your answer means or include that this patch will work for ATS (autotimeshift) also ??

Re: Permanent Timeshift #26 hemispherical1

• 1,596 posts

+49
Good

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:11

I have no idea if it effects ATS or not. I think it was aimed at being a PTS fix.

--
hemi

Re: Permanent Timeshift #27 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 11 July 2011 - 14:06

Your answer means or include that this patch will work for ATS (autotimeshift) also ??

The patch was to fix some bugs in file_eraser.cpp that mostly affected PTS.

What is the issue with ATS?

Re: Permanent Timeshift #28 Dvsat

• 447 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 11 July 2011 - 15:37

The patch was to fix some bugs in file_eraser.cpp that mostly affected PTS.

What is the issue with ATS?

1) Sometimes the ATS don't start after a channelswitch.
2) Sometimes, after a long period of watching LiveTV (2hrs) and switch to ATS, the ATS-timeline shows OK but there is no reaction or possibility to jump back in the timeline.

Re: Permanent Timeshift #29 MrKappa

• 81 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 21 August 2011 - 16:39

Hello'. I'm an happy user of PTS plugin on PLI image. For my understanding the following function is missing: let's consider the scenario that PTS is running already since the program has started, and a certain point i decide to record a movie. If I'm not wrong it create a record which start from the point I started the record but there is no option to get a final record that include the complete recording of the event from the beginning (considering that I was watching the same channel from beginning). Am I wrong that this is not currently possible? Is it possible to implement this option?
Thank you

Re: Permanent Timeshift #30 Tom082011

• 27 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:24

@ MrKappa
I take the same view!
Please, just have a look at:

http://www.pli-image...thread_id=19403

and in german & english:

http://www.et-view.d...-und-aufnahmen/

From a intuitive Timeshift, I would expect:

- Easy start with a button (like "Pause")
- Playing back- and forward with the normal options (as done now by playback of recordings)
- Fast Rewind with "<<" and "left Navigation" 2/4/8/16/32/64/128 , to the beginning with "1"
- Fast Forward with ">>" and "right Navigation" 2/4/8/16/32/64/128, to the end (nearly end*) with "9"
- Pause/Paly with "|>" and "OK"
- !!!*Fast Forward to the end do not jump to live, instead it will play further on some seconds behind the live broadcast!!!
- STOP with Stop-button, with an optional info to save the Timeshift
- Totally prevention from stopping Timeshift by selecting other buttons. No more ability to change channels without a manually STOP of the timeshift

Implementation (it's like a normal recording with some additional routines in back):
Starting Timeshift is the same like a quick record of the actual channel with some additional hidden commands (script):
immediately start recording to a separate folder/disk space followed by automatically start playback of this recording followed by Pause
Now I can use all normal implemented function of playback
Skipping to the end (fast forward, "9") do not stop or close the playback. It only do a normal play (some seconds behind the real live broadcasting).
Pressing STOP gives me the options (Save Timeshift: YES/CANCEL/NO). CANCEL means (nothing happens, timeshift goes on). YES stops the recording, save and copy the files to /hdd/movie/. NO only stops the recording and delete the recorded files.
Additional options by pressing STOP could also be:
- CANCEL (do nothing, back to Timeshift, see above)
- NO (stop and delete)
- YES (stop and save Timeshift, see above)

!!!Pressing the record button (red button, or record button) while Timeshift is running gives you the option:
- Stop Timeshift and record from now to the end of the actual program
- Stop Timeshift and record from beginning (since start of timeshift) to the end of the actual program.

A permanent timeshift could be done as an automatically start of this routines with selectable delay of some seconds for zapping

Re: Permanent Timeshift #31 hemispherical1

• 1,596 posts

+49
Good

Posted 22 August 2011 - 19:13

I think the trouble you're having w/ PTS (w/ dm800 anyways) comes from the fact that the red button which should be used to record is actually rewind when timeshift is active. I never had any luck with the shift-red that is supposed to be used on remotes w/out a dedicated record button.

Here's a workaround, edit the keymap so a long red button push is record rather than the default short push (which activates rewind w/ PTS active).

/usr/share/enigma2/keymap.xml

find the line with:

<map context="InfobarInstantRecord">
<key id="KEY_RECORD" mapto="instantRecord" flags="m" />
<device name="dreambox remote control (native)">
<key id="KEY_RED" mapto="instantRecord" flags="b" />
</device>

..and edit to:

<map context="InfobarInstantRecord">
<key id="KEY_RECORD" mapto="instantRecord" flags="m" />
<device name="dreambox remote control (native)">
<key id="KEY_RED" mapto="instantRecord" flags="l" />
</device>

That edit is a lowercase L, for long button push. Restart enigma so the change takes effect. Now you can bring up the recording menu, with a long red button push, including timeshift recording with one caveat...

You must be at the end of the timeshift, meaning you need to be watching in real time, the picture can not be delayed, even by 1 second. Generally pushing the TV button will take you to the end of the current timeshift file. I hope that explains it well enough. Timeshift can be running, no problem, but you can't be actively using it (delaying program) when trying to start a recording.

The next problem you might run into is if you use the Quickbutton plugin as it likes to intercept the long red button press. Your choices there would be to not run Quickbutton or manually edit it's plugin.py and disable it's use w/ the red button...

Alternatively to the previous, if you have a button on your remote that you don't generally use, you may be able to map that to Record in the keymap.xml and solve some of the issues above... ;)

Good luck,
--
hemi

Re: Permanent Timeshift #32 Lukin

• 137 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 5 September 2011 - 18:27

Thx so much hemi....been waiting for a fix for quite sometime...been accessing the record function via timer menu...your fix is much easier now, thx!!!

Re: Permanent Timeshift #33 MrKappa

• 81 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 23 January 2012 - 00:46

It seems that the original problem has appeared again as reported on the first post (restart of PTS at event change).

I will try again some old version for the moment hoping that the developer can help. Thanks

Re: Permanent Timeshift #34 MrKappa

• 81 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 25 January 2012 - 20:03

... I suppose, but I'm not the expert, that this issue has started with the new kernel.
Nobody that can confirm if this is a common problem or maybe only with my configuration?
Thank you

Re: Permanent Timeshift #35 MrKappa

• 81 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:56

Yesterday I have tried a backup from 5 December and is working fine.

Re: Permanent Timeshift #36 hemispherical1

• 1,596 posts

+49
Good

Posted 26 January 2012 - 19:18

I don't think it's kernel or box specific, running dm800 here...

The problem popped up a few weeks ago. A workaround is to use the older enigma2-plugin-extensions-permanenttimeshift - 0.9.5. You lose some features from 1.0.x, but at least it provides working timeshift...

--
hemi

Attached Files

Edited by hemispherical1, 26 January 2012 - 19:20.

Re: Permanent Timeshift #37 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 26 January 2012 - 20:05

file_eraser.cpp that affected original problem hasn't been modified critically (2 patches, one in destructor). Will try to find out if the issue is happening again. However, I use this feature and I think I should have noticed the problem, if it exists.

Anyway, will check and inform you very soon.

Re: Permanent Timeshift #38 MrKappa

• 81 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 26 January 2012 - 20:31

As I mentioned before it seems that the back up I did on 5 Dec 11 is working fine and PTS does not crash at event change. I don't know the differences in the version from that time but I confirm that I update my box regularly every 1 or 2 weeks with OpenPLI.
I found recently some issue as recording not starting in automatic (after 20 sec I set) on DVB-T channels from usb tuner.

@Malakudi, Hemisperical1
Many thanks for your great help

Re: Permanent Timeshift #39 hemispherical1

• 1,596 posts

+49
Good

Posted 26 January 2012 - 21:01

I don't think it's exactly the same as the original issue. IIRC the original problem was while timeshifting, when the program changed, the end of the timeshift was lost and it switched over to the new program at it's start. It's been a few weeks since I used 1.0.0rc, but again IIRC, the last issue has timeshift playing until the end of the shifted program, but drops the beginning of the new program and picks up the new program in realtime when the timeshift ends, i.e. if you had been shifted 10 min, at the end of the shift it picks up 10 min into the new program. At least that seemed to be my experience...

--
hemi

Re: Permanent Timeshift #40 speed

• 420 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 January 2012 - 23:49

the last issue has timeshift playing until the end of the shifted program, but drops the beginning of the new program and picks up the new program in realtime when the timeshift ends, i.e. if you had been shifted 10 min, at the end of the shift it picks up 10 min into the new program. At least that seemed to be my experience...

yes correct i have this too

also when choosing "timeshift save recording"
i get a 0mb or 1mb file

really annoying, i tried installing the 5 december image, but the downloads are not available anymore under plugins

can i take the download plugin list thing out of the latest image and place in the 5 december?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ET9000

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users