ET9000

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

Re: Permanent Timeshift #61 MrKappa

• 81 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 21 February 2012 - 18:12

Hello' Satkiekerd, thank you very much for the link.

I was curios to test it and I have flashed last VIX yesterday on my ET9000 in I can confirm that is working properly!

When I see brdbch posting about the same problem I was reporting with OpenPLI I have just double checked and in effect is working fine. Maybe the variable is on VU box drivers or something specific.

Re: Permanent Timeshift #62 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 21 February 2012 - 18:15

.... Maybe the variable is on VU box drivers or something specific.

Hmmm, working fine here on several VU's and ET's as well.

Re: Permanent Timeshift #63 MrKappa

• 81 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 2 March 2012 - 20:05

No news for the PTS plugin implementation on OpenPLI? I'm currently using VIX so I cannot check if with latest update this was fixed.
Thanks

Re: Permanent Timeshift #64 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 3 March 2012 - 08:25

If someone can create a nice patch so we're able to commit it then it might be an easy step for us... But as soon as the sources of ViX are merged to ours I cannot see the commits anymore from ViX itself... so currently it is a lot of work and we can not even evaluate what is changed....

Please note PLi is open so anyone can go ahead....

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Permanent Timeshift #65 almero

• 25 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 3 March 2012 - 12:38

I have another idea but I don't know if you guys are willing to try this.

On December 25th a modification was made under 'servicedvb' which has to do with the timeshift:

Record stream information during timeshift - Mike Looijmans [Sun, 25 Dec 2011 11:02:12 +0000]

servicedvb: Record stream information during timeshift
Write an sc file during timeshift. This allows smooth (re)winding
at >16x during timeshift, and also improves skipping and other seek
related actions.

Drawback: The AP data is stored in memory, consuming ~64k RAM per hour
which is not used for anything.

I have a strong suspicion that this modification has triggered the problems we are experiencing with PTS.
Is there any chance that the modification of December 25th can be undone temporarily wo we can test if PTS works again?

Re: Permanent Timeshift #66 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 3 March 2012 - 12:40

That and those modifications do fix other stuff..... so we need an adjusted PTS -or- a good patch that the changes from ViX could be committed...

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Permanent Timeshift #67 almero

• 25 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 3 March 2012 - 13:26

That and those modifications do fix other stuff..... so we need an adjusted PTS -or- a good patch that the changes from ViX could be committed...

I agree. That would be the best solution if this can be implemented soon.

However, for my user experience, the modification of December 25th (IF this is really what triggered the problems - I only suspect this) did more harm than good. Yes, the rewinding is more smooth now at higher speeds, but I would much rather be able to rewind for more than one event and to save events that are in the timeshift buffer. Saying that it improves skipping and other seek related actions may be true without the PTS plugin (I didn't check this), but it is not what is experienced by users that have PTS installed. One could argue: well stop using PTS then, and use the standard timeshift functionality, but many users (like me) really enjoyed the possibility of being able to save events from the timeshift buffer, and this functionality is not included in the standard timeshift...

Anyway, hoping that someone comes up with an acceptable solution soon...

Re: Permanent Timeshift #68 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 3 March 2012 - 13:47

But the 0.9.5 PTS just works... the only thing that does not work there is make a stored recording afterwards of what was in the buffer.... Is this feature the main show stopper????

Re: Permanent Timeshift #69 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 3 March 2012 - 14:05

But the 0.9.5 PTS just works... the only thing that does not work there is make a stored recording afterwards of what was in the buffer.... Is this feature the main show stopper????

Well, the answer to that was already given:

but many users (like me) really enjoyed the possibility of being able to save events from the timeshift buffer, and this functionality is not included in the standard timeshift...

Re: Permanent Timeshift #70 MrKappa

• 81 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 4 March 2012 - 00:15

I agree. These features are very nice and useful and it happened sometime to save later some of the events in the buffer. Its' an added value that in my opinion should be part of the PLI image.
Version 0.9.5 was working but only as basic timeshift, basically there is no difference with another timeshift plugin available in the repository.
I wonder if, as VIX is partially derivated from OpenPLI, is not possible to get the code which has fixed PTS on VIX also on PLI or some kind of collaboration.

Re: Permanent Timeshift #71 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 4 March 2012 - 10:36

I wonder if, as VIX is partially derivated from OpenPLI, is not possible to get the code which has fixed PTS on VIX also on PLI or some kind of collaboration.

That is possible... but the patches are "splintered" over several different pathes.... so this is a big job needs a really lot of time....

Re: Permanent Timeshift #72 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 4 March 2012 - 11:52

In between I asked Homey one of the creators from the PTS plugin to verify for a possiblity to make it PLi compatible....

Just to get back to the orriginal issue.... what were the issues with the latest PTS plugin?

At least I see in the orriginal PTS plugin there are some background delete routines that are not PLi compatible -as- Pli integrated that a long time ago but did it different.

I found the sources from PTS plugin here.... http://schwerkraft.e...607af82;hb=HEAD

Edited by littlesat, 4 March 2012 - 12:11.

Re: Permanent Timeshift #73 almero

• 25 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 4 March 2012 - 14:02

Just to get back to the orriginal issue.... what were the issues with the latest PTS plugin?

See the posts above. I have picked out two lines that more or less summarize the issues:

the last issue has timeshift playing until the end of the shifted program, but drops the beginning of the new program and picks up the new program in realtime when the timeshift ends, i.e. if you had been shifted 10 min, at the end of the shift it picks up 10 min into the new program.

and

PTS works unreliably when shifting over more than one event. Plus, 'timeshift record current event / select event' leads to a recording with length 0

Re: Permanent Timeshift #74 almero

• 25 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 4 March 2012 - 22:27

Hey guys, I think I have found the cause of the problem and also a solution (at least for saving events from the timeshift buffer):

The problem is caused by the presence of the timeshift.BLABLA.sc file in the timeshift path (see the modification of December 25th I mentioned above).

The timeshift file has the syntax "timeshift.somecharacters".
PTS tries to identify the timeshift file by looking for a file that starts with "timeshift." and does not end with ".del" or with ". copy" (these suffixes are used by the background delete and copy processes).
This used to work, but since December 25th, there is also a file "timeshift.somecharacters.sc" and PTS confuses this for the actual timeshift file.

I have patched the plugin.py file by replacing

if filename.startswith("timeshift.") and not filename.endswith(".del") and not filename.endswith(".copy"):

with

if filename.startswith("timeshift.") and not filename.endswith(".sc") and not filename.endswith(".del") and not filename.endswith(".copy"):

on 3 locations in the file, plus

"if (filename.startswith("timeshift.") or filename.startswith("pts_livebuffer.")) and (filename.endswith(".del") is False and filename.endswith(".copy") is False and filename.endswith(".meta") is False and filename.endswith(".eit") is False):

by

if (filename.startswith("timeshift.") or filename.startswith("pts_livebuffer.")) and not filename.endswith(".sc") and (filename.endswith(".del") is False and filename.endswith(".copy") is False and filename.endswith(".meta") is False and filename.endswith(".eit") is False):

on one location in the file.

You can find the file plugin.py in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/PermanentTimeshift/

Once the plugin.py is patched, restart enigma and you're done.

Attached a rar file with the original as well as the patched plugin.py for the permanenttimeshift version:
enigma2-plugin-extensions-permanenttimeshift_3.2git20111109-r0_dm8000.ipk

Attached Files

Re: Permanent Timeshift #75 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 4 March 2012 - 23:26

Nice..... Hopefully someone makes a ipk of this one... They I'll put it on our server.... ;-)

Re: Permanent Timeshift #76 nietgiftig

• 787 posts

+39
Good

Posted 5 March 2012 - 12:57

Mogli123 has posted this ipk on the http://www.et-view-support.com forum

It seems to work

Thanks almero !!!!!!

Attached Files

Hardware: Master VU Uno 4K SE  1x Mut@nt HD51.4K & 2x ZgemmaH9T
Software : Pli (v7) (7.1rc) 2019 

Re: Permanent Timeshift #77 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 5 March 2012 - 14:24

For everyone after the next builds available via our downloads..... Hopefully the final fix for PTS.... and then we do not need to add them to our sources/cores and keep it as plugin....

I hope that this plugin may appear on github soon....

Re: Permanent Timeshift #78 Lukin

• 134 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 6 March 2012 - 17:07

I just upgraded to the latest PTS 1.2 version provided by nietgiftig above, seems to work just fine but reverting to live tv with the tv button activates fast forward somehow!!!,

Do I have to reflash with a newer build starting from today like littlesat said?

Thx so much in advance.

Re: Permanent Timeshift #79 PeterN

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 March 2012 - 21:00

Thanks to everyone who is working to fix this problem.
I have tried the new .py file posted by Almero, the permanenttimeshift 1.2.ipk posted by nietgiftig and I have tried uninstalling permanenttimeshift and going back to the 0.95 version posted by Hemispherical 1.
I still have timeshift problems on my VU+ duo...

I turn the box on in the middle of a show that is already running & pause for a couple of minutes so that what I'm watching is behind live TV.
When that show ends I am now getting a smooth transition to the next. i.e. I do get to watch the end of one show followed by the start of the next.
I continue to watch behind live TV. I get to see the end of the second show then get dumped into to live TV - part way into the third show.
It seems permanenttimeshift has just given up at the second transition between shows.

Max events set to 5 and max length at 180. The shows are local and regional news programs so this all takes place within an hour or so.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Re: Permanent Timeshift #80 brdbch

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 March 2012 - 16:50

I have a similar problem which appends quite randomly (VU+ duo with VTI).
When doing fast forward in a previous show to reach the next show, i get back to live.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ET9000

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users