←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

From 2.0 to 2.1

's foto linuxgeek 1 aug 2011

should the online software update udate me to 2.1 or do I need to flash again with usb to get onto the 2.1 stream ?

thanks

geek
Citeren

's foto Sjaaky 1 aug 2011

You'll need to flash to get onto 2.1.
Citeren

's foto linuxgeek 1 aug 2011

wow that was a quick replay thanks

what are the advantages of the upgrade ?
Citeren

's foto johnny99xx 1 aug 2011

I've updated mate and the first thing I noticed was my sd channels were a lot better and much clearer
Citeren

's foto VU+NL 1 aug 2011

I've updated mate and the first thing I noticed was my sd channels were a lot better and much clearer

As the drivers are the same, this means you are now using different settings.
Citeren

's foto johnny99xx 1 aug 2011

thanks for that mate, I'll check my settings !!!
Citeren

's foto magmog 2 aug 2011

If i flash from 2.0 to 2.1 will i have to recreate my favourites list and other settings or will they be intact?
Citeren

's foto metoo 2 aug 2011

install menu/applications/pli/autobackup and activate then also autoinstall, run it manual and then flash the new image, normally it wil come up with all your settings
Citeren

's foto stb155 22 aug 2011

install menu/applications/pli/autobackup and activate then also autoinstall, run it manual and then flash the new image, normally it wil come up with all your settings

Will it also install my plugins ? (like softcam ans Skin)
Citeren

's foto metoo 23 aug 2011

yes if they where installed from the RC/menu/feed, if you found them on the internet and installed them manually, i dont know
Citeren

's foto Satuser1972 30 aug 2011

There are problems with DUO "Enigma restart"/"box reboot" after yesterday's online (29.08) update.
After above update the box rebooted well. All working fine. But now instead of Enigma restarting/or rebooting (after command from RC) I see endlessly rotating gears on a TV.
Only "reboot", "init4, init3" from Putty helps to restart/work correctly.

Today's morning update doesn't solved the problem. The box still is noot rebooted after this update. I see "gears".

P.S. I have nothing changed in the box, just updated.
Citeren

's foto Frenske 30 aug 2011

My advice would be to flash the box once without autoinstall or auto restore.
I don't experience those problems and I update almost every day.
Citeren

's foto TheMystery 30 aug 2011

There are problems with DUO "Enigma restart"/"box reboot" after yesterday's online (29.08) update.
After above update the box rebooted well. All working fine. But now instead of Enigma restarting/or rebooting (after command from RC) I see endlessly rotating gears on a TV.
Only "reboot", "init4, init3" from Putty helps to restart/work correctly.

Today's morning update doesn't solved the problem. The box still is noot rebooted after this update. I see "gears".

P.S. I have nothing changed in the box, just updated.

With the image from yesterday if i reboot the box with telnet everything goes wel, if i reboot with the remote than i have endless rotating gears too
Citeren

Thank you for the advice. I've made clean install of PLi 2.1 about two weeks ago or so. Without any restore. And almost daily updated the box without problems.
Before yesterday's update all was fine. No any plugins/extensions were added/removed yesterday nor any configuration changes.
Citeren

's foto Frenske 30 aug 2011

I would like to suggest that the both of you try another skin.
I use the Magic-HD and I didn't experience your problems. I just rebooted my VU+ duo several times with the RC and the box booted without any problems. My image is from today offcourse. :wink:
Citeren

's foto TheMystery 30 aug 2011

I use already magic-hd
@satuser1972 do you maybe use project valerie? i think it could be related with the problem.
Citeren

I'm using Vali Flex skin (nice one). No valerie project installed. I'm always trying to keep minimum of needed extensions for stable work.
Citeren

's foto atilaks 30 aug 2011

disable auto-import in epgimport, try and see if it helps
Citeren

's foto TVBlock 31 aug 2011

Reboot works normal as long as there is no XMLTV import job active.
After an uninstall of XMLTV import reboot also works just fine

For some days now the XMLTV import seems broken

Last nights "enigma2 master: Revert "sanitize EPG cache code and add PlatformaHD exception"" did not solve the issue.

Importing stays stuck on ) imports and seems to hang. After which its not possible to reboot system using the remote.
Rebooting from telnet session is no problem.
Citeren

's foto blzr 31 aug 2011

Last nights "enigma2 master: Revert "sanitize EPG cache code and add PlatformaHD exception"" did not solve the issue.

so it seems that @Milo can safely re-revert "sanitize EPG cache code and add PlatformaHD exception".../?/
//although it's a pity to give up such (i.e. old epgcache.cpp) front-running candidate for the 'glorious' award :P
Citeren