• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Hump

• 88 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:13

Hello folks.

As stated in other Threads already, one of the Authors (3C5x9) of the WebInterface plugin strongly disagrees with having this plugin available only for one manufacturer of boxes. He clearly states, that plugins he contributed too, may also run on other Linux Boxes as well.

Here again, the link to his Blog: http://www.3c5x9.de/...entwicklerwelt/

In my opinion and based on 3C5x9's input, it should be possible for Pli to reinsert the plugin into the feeds.

Thanks for the attention and your good work Pli.

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #2 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,472 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 10 August 2011 - 20:13

maybe those developers should post an public statement about how to handle now with these plugins or otherwise change the text inside the license statement as how they all agree with it

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #3 yanex

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:59

No, correct way to do this would be to rollback to git commit where license clause was added. And from there sort out problems with license compatibility in PLI.
Please!

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #4 hemispherical1

• 1,596 posts

+49
Good

Posted 12 August 2011 - 17:26

Unless the license has been changed since all this started, the unenforceable license isn't the problem. The PLi developers wish to respect the wishes of the coders, even if there's no "legal" basis to do so. They are better people than I, my response would've been a bit more "colorful"... ;)

--
hemi

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #5 Tonyboyth

• 53 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:42

Regarding to this issue, shall we have a replacement for webif? I think, creating a new one is not beyond the capability of PLI Developers.

Tony.

Posted Image "sharing is caring"

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #6 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:16

Nothing is impossible for the man that doesn't have to do it himself.

Just kinding ;).

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #7 bacicciosat

• 540 posts

+100
Excellent

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:57

Just kinding ;).

Maybe is time to create a new public repository for open source (Gpl2) plugins not under Pli Bh Vix or Vti but common and open for all the teams ?

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #8 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,472 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:16

Just kinding ;).

Maybe is time to create a new public repository for open source (Gpl2) plugins not under Pli Bh Vix or Vti but common and open for all the teams ?

Our OpenPli sources are available for everyone.

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #9 bacicciosat

• 540 posts

+100
Excellent

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:07

Your OpenPli

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #10 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,472 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:14

Your OpenPli

OUR as in your and mine....

as it is available for everyone
and as you can read in our newssection this was our main goal of setting up a public repository
we even encouraged everybody to help developing Enigma1 and Enigma2 further at this public repository

but sadly other hobbyteams keep there sources only available for themselves and don't share it publicly

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #11 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,676 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:15

Every repository is owned by someone.

I'm clueless to what your issue is. Would to like repositories with write access for everyone?

Are you suggesting the OpenPLi repositories are not open to everyone who would like to use them?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #12 bacicciosat

• 540 posts

+100
Excellent

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:29

but sadly other hobbyteams keep there sources only available for themselves and don't share it publicly

True, but there are others public git and repositories too not only Pli.
This is not the problem, the problem is that new licenses in my opinion will cause problems with many plugins in the future, maybe with all current e2 official plugins.
Do you think that Pli can create a full alternative E2 plugin repository with only own resources ?
Or you think that all the coders will leave their own team and will join Pli ?

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #13 bacicciosat

• 540 posts

+100
Excellent

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:57

Just kinding ;).

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #14 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,472 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:16

Just kinding ;).

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #15 bacicciosat

• 540 posts

+100
Excellent

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:07

Your OpenPli

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #16 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,472 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:14

Your OpenPli

OUR as in your and mine....

as it is available for everyone
and as you can read in our newssection this was our main goal of setting up a public repository
we even encouraged everybody to help developing Enigma1 and Enigma2 further at this public repository

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #17 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,676 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:15

Every repository is owned by someone.

I'm clueless to what your issue is. Would to like repositories with write access for everyone?

Are you suggesting the OpenPLi repositories are not open to everyone who would like to use them?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #18 bacicciosat

• 540 posts

+100
Excellent

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:29

True, but there are others public git and repositories too not only Pli.
This is not the problem, the problem is that new licenses in my opinion will cause problems with many plugins in the future, maybe with all current e2 official plugins.
Do you think that Pli can create a full alternative E2 plugin repository with only own resources ?
Or you think that all the coders will leave their own team and will join Pli ?

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #19 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 3 September 2011 - 20:28

I think it's a good idea in general.
There are many developers, often 'members' of different teams, each of them working in their own repositories (either open or closed)
So still a lot of double work going on.
At the moment there is simply no shared infrastructure for developers to work together.
Schwerkraft clearly doesn't provide what we need.

However, if I look at how I work, personally, it's still a lot easier for me to add something to the PLi image.
Because that means I can quickly make a build, test stuff, and commit, after which we have the 'automatic' mechanism of daily builds, and user feedback about new stuff.
So I'm not sure what would be needed to make a shared repository actually work...

Re: Request to put WebIf back into feeds for all #20 bacicciosat

• 540 posts

+100
Excellent

Posted 5 September 2011 - 11:53

I think it's a good idea in general.
There are many developers, often 'members' of different teams, each of them working in their own repositories (either open or closed)
So still a lot of double work going on.
At the moment there is simply no shared infrastructure for developers to work together.
Schwerkraft clearly doesn't provide what we need.

I think it should be soon a necessity to have a common repository for system and major extensions plugins strictly open sources because of licenses that could limited all the official plugins to be used only on dmm hardware.
There are many teams that could contribute like Pli, Black Hole, Vti, Vix, Sif and so on.
All the teams could have a section in their boards about the project so the plugins should be tested by many users on all the boxes.
I think the man that have the skill and maturity to manage this kind of project are you: pieterg.
/images/smiley/smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users