Plugins

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 fcs001fcs

• 244 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 23 August 2011 - 19:38

I have a DM800 and installed the latest dFlash (ver 99) manually and it only partially works.

It creates the Back-up files OK but will not Flash them back on to the DM800.

Has anyone managed to get this relatively new NFI Backup Plugin to work correctly with OpenPLi 2.1?

Attached Files

Re: DFlash under OpenPLi 2.1 #2 Happysat

• 697 posts

+43
Good

Posted 24 August 2011 - 19:33

Same result overhere, dFlash only supports bootloader 82/ and 83 not 76 which the Pli image is using.

Re: DFlash under OpenPLi 2.1 #3 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 24 August 2011 - 20:58

76 is really old.
we are using 82 and 83 (depending on the hardware)
see
http://openpli.git.s...302406766430cdf

so that's not the reason why it fails.

Re: DFlash under OpenPLi 2.1 #4 fcs001fcs

• 244 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 August 2011 - 21:57

I have OpenPLi 2.1 that has Second Stage Loader (Bootloader) #82 and dFlash still does not work.

I have been in contact with the author , gutemine, at IHAD and he mentioned that it may have to do with libc file that PLi uses or maybe something else. He is hesitant to put a lot of time in supporting dFlash under OpenPLi.

Re: DFlash under OpenPLi 2.1 #5 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,472 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 25 August 2011 - 19:51

why dont you use alternatives for this plugin?
autobackup?

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: DFlash under OpenPLi 2.1 #6 fcs001fcs

• 244 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 25 August 2011 - 21:25

autobackup?

I am not 100% sure what autobackup does but I think it only saves settings etc... and I would have to reinstall a clean image and then restore the settings. Is this correct?

I use the full NFI backup to keep a known good image loaded with the options, plugin, settings, channel settings, etc... . When I experiment and change a lot in my DM800 setup I sometimes cannot go back easily to the old setup. I then just flash the last known good image and I am back to where I started. Think of it as a Windows Restore Point.

Re: DFlash under OpenPLi 2.1 #7 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:22

autobackup?

I am not 100% sure what autobackup does but I think it only saves settings etc... and I would have to reinstall a clean image and then restore the settings. Is this correct?

Nope.

The "auto" part of autobackup actually applies to the restore function. The restore will happen automatically when you boot a fresh flash image. This also makes the first boot a bit faster, because it doesn't have to calculate machine keys and such.

In addition to settings (and it stores more than the default) it can also optionally restore plugins. For this you need either network access or a copy of the ipk files somewhere during the restore phase. The plugin can create the list of plugins to install automatically.

So what it does is close to what you describe as a restore point, but a lot faster (the backup usually only takes a second or two). Once the backup is created, you can flash any PLi image (newer and older versions) and it will boot with the restored settings.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: DFlash under OpenPLi 2.1 #8 fcs001fcs

• 244 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:33

autobackup?

Nope.

The "auto" part of autobackup actually applies to the restore function. The restore will happen automatically when you boot a fresh flash image. This also makes the first boot a bit faster, because it doesn't have to calculate machine keys and such.

In addition to settings (and it stores more than the default) it can also optionally restore plugins. For this you need either network access or a copy of the ipk files somewhere during the restore phase. The plugin can create the list of plugins to install automatically.

So what it does is close to what you describe as a restore point, but a lot faster (the backup usually only takes a second or two). Once the backup is created, you can flash any PLi image (newer and older versions) and it will boot with the restored settings.

Sounds like it may be what I need. I will install and try it out. Thanks

Re: DFlash under OpenPLi 2.1 #9 fcs001fcs

• 244 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 26 August 2011 - 13:51

MiLo,

Installed Pli Plugin Auto-backup but could not find where to setup plugin backups etc... . Is there a tutorial I could use somewhere?

Re: DFlash under OpenPLi 2.1 #10 hemispherical1

• 1,596 posts

+49
Good

Posted 26 August 2011 - 17:07

menu / setup / software management / advanced options / choose backup location, choose backup files, etc...

--
hemi

Re: DFlash under OpenPLi 2.1 #11 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 26 August 2011 - 17:56

Menu, Applications, AutoBackup.

Should be easy enough.

Re: DFlash under OpenPLi 2.1 #12 fcs001fcs

• 244 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 27 August 2011 - 14:47

menu / setup / software management / advanced options / choose backup location, choose backup files, etc...

--
hemi

Thanks. It was easy to figure out how to save certain files and file locations but how to select and save which plugins you want to have saved and ensure that they are setup correctly when you flash a new image?

Also, which files and file locations are recommended to be backed up?

Re: DFlash under OpenPLi 2.1 #13 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 27 August 2011 - 15:04

Be warned that what hemispherical1 mentioned points to the "standard" backup, which is very confusing. It's a remnant of old times, and is not related to autobackup in any way.

Re: DFlash under OpenPLi 2.1 #14 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 27 August 2011 - 15:05

Also, which files and file locations are recommended to be backed up?

The ones that AutoBackup backups by default are the recommended ones.

Re: DFlash under OpenPLi 2.1 #15 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 27 August 2011 - 15:13

...how to select and save which plugins you want to have saved and ensure that they are setup correctly when you flash a new image?

Menu, Applications, AutoBackup.

Select a backup location.

Set the "create autoinstall" option to "on" and press the yellow button to create a manual backup this time. All installed plugins and other extensions are listed into a autoinstall file on the backup medium, and will be (attempted to be) reinstalled the next time you flash an image. The AutoInstall list will not be removed.

You can edit this text file with a text editor if you insist on making changes to it.

To select "extra" files or directories to be backed up, press the menu key. The list itself will also become part of the backup.

Re: DFlash under OpenPLi 2.1 #16 hemispherical1

• 1,596 posts

+49
Good

Posted 27 August 2011 - 17:35

Ya sorry, I had never used autobackup and I "assumed" it would use the same database of files to backup as the normal backup. Silly me... ;)

--
hemi

Re: DFlash under OpenPLi 2.1 #17 fcs001fcs

• 244 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:14

Thanks for the info. It sounds like it works as set as default. Will give it a try next time I mess up and need to re-flash.

Re: DFlash under OpenPLi 2.1 #18 gjstroom

• 516 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:45

To get dflash working on PLi you need to mount /boot :
mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock2 /boot

Or you can add this to your /etc/fstab to automount /boot.
/dev/mtdblock2 /boot jffs2 defaults 0 0

Amiko8240, DM500HD, DM800, DM800SE, DM800SESR4, DM800SEV2, VU+ SoloSEV2, VU+ UnoSE

Re: DFlash under OpenPLi 2.1 #19 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,472 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:57

we disabled /boot as it is not used with normal use
only when flashing bootloaders if i'm correct

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: DFlash under OpenPLi 2.1 #20 gjstroom

• 516 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:45

To get dflash working on PLi you need to mount /boot :
mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock2 /boot

Or you can add this to your /etc/fstab to automount /boot.
/dev/mtdblock2 /boot jffs2 defaults 0 0

Amiko8240, DM500HD, DM800, DM800SE, DM800SESR4, DM800SEV2, VU+ SoloSEV2, VU+ UnoSE

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Plugins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users