←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

How to edit Keymap.xml to add a function?

Lukin's Photo Lukin 6 Sep 2011

Hi everyone!,

I noticed there are a couple of keys on the remote with no function whatsoever like;

Green button:

>>Quick press...nothing
>>Long press....nothing

Yellow button:

>>Long press....nothing

Blue button:

>>Long press....nothing

Is there a way to remap some of those keys for more useful functions?. for instance, why not use the Green button (Quick press) to invoke the plugin/extension menu. (without having to go to main menu and choose plugin).

Is it possible by means of editing keymap.xml found at usr/share/enigma2?

Thx.

ims's Photo ims 6 Sep 2011

You can use quickbutton plugin for define color buttons

Thx ims!

I wanna know how to only add that function only without having to add anything to my system, I know "quickbutton" plugin might come in handy in situations like these but i also wanna keep my Pli clean.

Thx.

I`d love some helpful tips or feedback about how you do it if needed.

Thx!

hemispherical1's Photo hemispherical1 6 Sep 2011

I'm not an expert but I'd guess functions would have to be added to the image for the keymap.xml to be able to access them. Unless you want to reinvent the wheel, might as well install quickbutton... ;)

--
hemi

Thx Hemi!

I just thought it was possible, not even sure if there`s a way to map the green button to access the plugin menu if I decide to install "quickbutton" though, can anyone confirm, please?

ims's Photo ims 6 Sep 2011

Thx Hemi!

I just thought it was possible, not even sure if there`s a way to map the green button to access the plugin menu if I decide to install "quickbutton" though, can anyone confirm, please?

yes, it can be maped.

Note: quickbutton is for long press of collor key only.

Thx ims!!!,

I already have PTS installed and the red button long press is mapped to activate the record function, wouldn`t there be a conflict?

nietgiftig's Photo nietgiftig 6 Sep 2011

If I were you I would use Multiquickbutton

Much better imho

Thx nietgiftig!

I just tried "quickbutton", the color keys "remapping" worked after enigma-restart, but somehow while PTS is active, I can`t go to live tv easily while time-shifting, which is normally accessible with tv button!!

any help?

It`s working now, weird !!! I`ll give it a couple of days and then maybe try "Multiquickbutton".

Thx everyone, I appreciate the feedback!!!