XMLTV Limit mem

Enigma1

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sterke-Jerke

• 41 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:28

How can I limiet the size of the epg.db file more?
When I start its 18Mb. After a couple of days ut grows to a horrible 40Mb.
I allready limited the amount of days thats I retrieve.
Also made extra virtual mem.
Took out HD channels.

Whats the best way to make sure the size stays reasonable, so it will not slow down my box?
Does someone have some settings for UK and Dutch channels?

Greetz

Re: XMLTV Limit mem #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,312 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:02

The problem isn't in the amount of data (initially), but the fact that a SQLite database is used to store the data.

There is an issue with concurrent access to this database, so when Enigma needs to read data (for example for the service list) while something is received and processed, it will have to wait.

Reducing the about of EPG will not significantly improve this behaviour, as it is not directly related to the size of the epg.db. It is a limitation of the design,

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: XMLTV Limit mem #3 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 18 September 2011 - 14:14

The increase in size is probably my fault.

When we started out with this epg thing, we were happy to provide the program titles and times, with one or two lines description.

After I got better, the description field got more and more filled up. (although some channels still lacks description). Up to a point now where I got for the Film1 channels (durtch) almost a complete discussion and background of the movie. (Just introduced this weekend - under a different service reference)

Since I do not have an enigma1 machine anymore, I did not notice the dramatc increase in epg.db. However I still keep the files in ISO-8859-1 so enigma1 users can still download this data. It should be easier for me if I could do everything in UTF-8. Enigma2 understands this, but the epg importer in in enigma1 does not.

Willy

PS: example of the new info for film1 Action:

Film1 Action Nobel Son
20:30 110 min. 2007.
22:20 Misdaadkomedie waarin de zoon wordt ontvoerd van een onuitstaanbare Nobelprijswinnaar (Alan Rickman), die niet van plan is te betalen voor die onzin. Barkley Michaelson worstelt met het afmaken van zijn proefschrift als zijn vader Eli, een egocentrische scheikundeprofessor, de Nobelprijs wint. Iedereen ergert zich mateloos aan het onuitstaanbare gedrag van Eli. Een dag voordat hij de prijs zal aanvaarden, wordt Barkley ontvoerd en loopt de spanning steeds hoger op: Eli weigert namelijk het losgeld voor zijn zoon te betalen.. De samenwerking tussen regisseur Randall Miller en acteur Alan Rickman beviel blijkbaar goed, want Rickman speelde na zijn vertolking van Eli in dit komische misdaaddrama opnieuw de hoofdrol in Millers film 'Bottle Shock'. Bryan Greenberg is hier te zien als Barkley. De acteur brak door met zijn rol in de serie 'One Tree Hill' en was daarna onder meer te zien in de romantische komedies 'Prime' en 'Bride Wars'.
Acteurs: Alan Rickman, Bryan Greenberg, Mary Steenburgen, Danny DeVito, Bill Pullman.

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: XMLTV Limit mem #4 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 18 September 2011 - 14:21

There is an issue with concurrent access to this database, so when Enigma needs to read data (for example for the service list) while something is received and processed, it will have to wait.

You could try to disable EIT, MHW and any other epg collection, which will reduce the writing to the epg.db file.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Enigma1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users