• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #41 rytec

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 1,082 posts

+22
Neutral

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:39

I know there are some issues with xmltvepg.be and with the expansion of other sites for this plugin we have asked several people to give some downloadspace.
Also therefor I asked Milo to build the code in the epgimport that if one site is down for some reason it has to download from another site.
Because of the lot of errors now I think there is still a bug in the code.
So I hope Milo will take a look at it quickly.
In the meanwhile you can edit the sourcefile as Bag did to remove the xmltvepg.be downloadsite, not everyone will or can do this but it will already reduce the trafic on xmltvepg.be

But we still have to find some new downloadsites where I can login using FTP to upload the epg files and which can be downloaded with http, so if you can help us...
~~Rytec Team~~ VU Ultimo / VU Uno / VU Solo / Panasonic TH42-PV700 *Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #42 VectorZ

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 September 2011 - 13:31

Hi guys,

box: TM800HD - fixed dish Sly UK

I also was suddenly getting 0 events importing. I've had a play with the sources file and got it connecting to a confirmed working mirror for channels file. Last night it was still erroring with 0 events saying unable to pass channel file and unknown channels even though I'd manually checked source file was downloading. This morning it pulled in 637 events (mostly freesat I think) but still had unknown channel errors.

I don't know if it's just a string typo in code but why is log saying downloading from one source, and yet parsing from another?

[highlight=#ffff00][EPGImport] Downloading: http://www.tm800hd.c...rytecxmltvuk.gz to local path: /tmp/epgimport.gz[/highlight]
[EPGImport] afterDownload /tmp/epgimport.gz
[EPGImport] Using twisted thread!
[highlight=#ffff00][EPGImport] Parsing channels from 'http://www.xmltvepg....channels.xml.gz'[/highlight]

Anyway, I'm attaching log file - can someone please advise?

Many thanks :)

Attached Files

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #43 rytec

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 1,082 posts

+22
Neutral

Posted 26 September 2011 - 19:18

In this Pli plugin it downloads the epg datafile from a random server but the channelsfile is always coming from the xmltvepg.be server and it should also get parsed from other sites.

And when the xmltvepg.be server is overloaded then this happens so Milo should also recode this.
~~Rytec Team~~ VU Ultimo / VU Uno / VU Solo / Panasonic TH42-PV700 *Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #44 VectorZ

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 September 2011 - 20:18

Thanks Rytec. That makes sense. I look forward to the fix. Would it not be a good idea to also have the old way of parsing against a channels file manually put in the epgimport folder for when it's all gone tits up?

Thanks

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #45 rytec

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 1,082 posts

+22
Neutral

Posted 26 September 2011 - 20:40

Well, if you want to play safe you can manualy change the sourcefile in /etc/epgimport to look for the local channelsfile and you can always download also the latest channelfile from rytec.be
Or I could change this Pli sourcefile also that it looks for the channelsfile from another server.
Maybe I do it that way and publish the new sourcefile to the Pli feeds.

Ryan

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #46 rytec

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 1,082 posts

+22
Neutral

Posted 26 September 2011 - 21:09

changed the URL for channelfiles in the sourcefile, see other topic here in epg section.
you can already use it if you want by putting it in /etc/epgimport and restart enigma and do a manual import and check the logfile

here is my output:

[EPGImport] nextImport, source= Rytec Benelux XMLTV
[EPGImport] Downloading: http://www.vuplus-co...tecxmltvbenl.gz to local path: /tmp/epgimport.gz
[EPGImport] afterDownload /tmp/epgimport.gz
[EPGImport] Using twisted thread!
[EPGImport] unlink /tmp/epgimport.gz
[EPGImport] Parsing channels from 'http://enigma2.world...channels.xml.gz'
[XMLTVConverter] Enumerating event information

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #47 Robb

• 195 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:21

Could you post the correct /etc/epgimport/rytec.sources.xml to use?
It is not clear to me what exactly I need to change (there is a lot of sites in the list but the channels file for all of them is pointing to the same place).

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #48 rytec

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 1,082 posts

+22
Neutral

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:49

look here please http://openpli.org/f...rcesxml-update/

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #49 mman

• 218 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:53

I have made manual update for UK channels and it shows 0 events. Yesterday I've initilize the hard disk, is that maybe the problem, do I need to change something because of that?

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #50 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 22 April 2013 - 13:40

A log would be very helpfull

Log file.

In the XMLTV importer.

Perform an import.

After the import (with the window open) press the info button (or epg button depending on the receiver you have).

Now you can see the log.

You can save it.  It will be then in the /tmp/ folder

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #51 mman

• 218 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 April 2013 - 17:41

The epgimport has made update around 17:30 and found 68.239 events. I really don't know how, but now everything seems fine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users