• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Re: I need help of developers for a box #21 javier3034

• 54 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 1 December 2011 - 11:13

Very well and thank your friends.

The developer of red-team he work more and very good, but he have more work for correct a little bugs in the image, he have no more time for develop the usb-dtt, he (the red-team) compile the drivers for a usb-dtt but don`t work good, if connect the gigablue via rs232, after 15-20 minutes in a dtt channel send continius erros of dtt drivers, freeze image in TV, freeze sound, etc,,,,

For spanish and itali is more important a box whit dtt working good or is more dificult sell the box.

Best regards friends

Re: I need help of developers for a box #22 kajgan

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 December 2011 - 15:03

This issue there i wrote few time about, its not up to dtt kernel modules, it up to main driver, our vtuner interface is still beta and this will be fixed after next 1-2 release. We did 3dUI and dts downmix, some more fix and i will go back to vtuner. So if even Chuck Norris compiles dtt modules it doesent metter :)

Re: I need help of developers for a box #23 daddelfalk

• 489 posts

+17
Neutral

Posted 1 December 2011 - 16:27

Hi,

which kind of DTS-Downmix? External Software-based based or Hardware BRCM Microcode one?

Re: I need help of developers for a box #24 javier3034

• 54 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 1 December 2011 - 22:07

This issue there i wrote few time about, its not up to dtt kernel modules, it up to main driver, our vtuner interface is still beta and this will be fixed after next 1-2 release. We did 3dUI and dts downmix, some more fix and i will go back to vtuner. So if even Chuck Norris compiles dtt modules it doesent metter :)

Thank your dear kajgan,

The kernel your compile for gigablue, is linux-2.6.36 or 2.6.18?

I try the usbtunerhelper whith the team-red image and the usb-dtt work a litle more good but whith errors,
is possible like your say, the problem is for another rasons,

Regards

Re: I need help of developers for a box #25 kajgan

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 December 2011 - 22:57

[ 0.000000] Linux version 2.6.36 (kajgan@teamRed) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) ) #48 Wed Oct 19 21:26:02 UTC 2011

its from ur log, so u understand, it has nothing to do with dtt modules, our vtuner device need more tuning, u have also off. forum, where u requested from me, kernel i did give u ? so please stay tuned until vtuner device is fixed. i just must say i really do thing we have more important stuff to fix and add

Re: I need help of developers for a box #26 javier3034

• 54 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 2 December 2011 - 09:43

aaaaa, ok dear kajgan, your image work very good, it's true, need a little corrections, but only litle corrections. I think like I say in this momment, the good work a usb-dtt is very very important in all boxes the same in a gigablue. In your forum and in a forum I moderate the people don't take a gigabox for a problem whit usb-dtt, and the people sell a gigablue, write in forums very bad posts of gigablue for this rason.

I say your, in spain and in italy, the people don't take a box withou dtt, have many channels in dtt and prefer pay a litle more for another box whit work good the dtt or usb-dtt.

He say the image is very good and is more stable, but don't work good usb-dtt.

Yes, I have your kernel 2.6.36, and I test like your say start whit your kernel 2.6.36 the openpli whit your bcm... drivers via tftp and is imposible for me and for my developer friend, he stop whit many errors. Your kernel is 2.6.36, the files of openpli is 2.6.18 and your bcm...drivers is not open source and is not the same of openpli VU-solo, is more dificult test and correct errors of usb-dtt, bcm...drivers, enigma2, etc, for help your in the problem of usb-dtt.

Yes, for my not problem stay at your have time for solve this problem, but the people don't stay, take another box and the people whit gigablue, write bad in forums of gigablue, this is the problem I think.

All your work whit e2 for gigablue is very very good, but I think the problem is your need more help of developers, beacouse like your say, don't have time for correct litle bugs, fix and add, is more work for only your and the people don't stay.

Best regards friend and like I say, very very good your work.

Edited by javier3034, 2 December 2011 - 09:47.

Re: I need help of developers for a box #27 kajgan

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 December 2011 - 15:37

hi, i did not now vusolo dvb_bcm driver are opensource, can u please provide them ????

Re: I need help of developers for a box #28 kajgan

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 December 2011 - 15:39

Hi,

which kind of DTS-Downmix? External Software-based based or Hardware BRCM Microcode one?

hi, via bcm audio decoder, not a solution like dreambox has. More like vuplus

Re: I need help of developers for a box #29 daddelfalk

• 489 posts

+17
Neutral

Posted 2 December 2011 - 16:16

Hi kajgan,

so with your Solution you require still a proper DTS-License from Broadcom?

Edited by daddelfalk, 2 December 2011 - 16:33.

Re: I need help of developers for a box #30 kajgan

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 December 2011 - 16:43

no actualy not, broadcom will provide libs , but main distributor had to get license from dts, bcm will not provide it, they will provide libs when dts license is arranged.

Re: I need help of developers for a box #31 javier3034

• 54 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 3 December 2011 - 10:18

hi, i did not now vusolo dvb_bcm driver are opensource, can u please provide them ????

Yes dear kajgan, the bcm drivers in all VU's is not opensource, is the same in gigablue?

Re: I need help of developers for a box #32 kajgan

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 December 2011 - 21:56

main bcm drivers are not opensource and broadcom drivers due license are closed stuff, so even if we want to make them opensource ( what we dont want ) we cant.

Re: I need help of developers for a box #33 javier3034

• 54 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 4 December 2011 - 14:58

main bcm drivers are not opensource and broadcom drivers due license are closed stuff, so even if we want to make them opensource ( what we dont want ) we cant.

uuuffffff, ok, ok, is a very problem and more more work,

Re: I need help of developers for a box #34 espa

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 January 2012 - 19:34

Anything new here? Will there be Support for Gigablue SE and Solo?

Re: I need help of developers for a box #35 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,473 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 30 January 2012 - 22:20

Solo is allready available, see our downloads
NO support for Gigablue

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: I need help of developers for a box #36 espa

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 February 2012 - 00:14

I meant the Gigablue Solo modell. But apart from that these are really sad news for me. Maybe someday you'll find some common ground on which to base. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Re: I need help of developers for a box #37 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 2 February 2012 - 10:45

Why is it sad? You probably already bought the box. At that time you knew its capabilities and features. If you are not happy with it, you shouldn't have bought it or you should have returned it. Or you should have done some more investigation, so you knew its capabilities and accept them.
If you like OpenPLi, you could have bought a supported box. Expecting us to support your box, so the box can live up to your expectations, is not how it works.

I hope you'll understand.

But all our sources are public. You'll just have to find someone knowledgeable and capable enough to compile them for a gigablue. Too bad Javier3034 ran into some problems.

Re: I need help of developers for a box #38 javier3034

• 54 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:06

Dear sjaaky,

In this momment I know watts is the problem whit this gigablue box and factory.

The first box the name gigablue hd-800-SOLO, he only have one intern tuner for sat dvb-s2, and the factory promise at users that he need dtt, a image whit usb-dtt drivers for sintonice an view the dtt channels (have more dtt channels in italy and spain), this box have a very good price and have a bcm-7325 like VU+-SOLO, and more people take this box. After a year the usb-dtt nothing work.

This factory at diference of VU, dream, clarck-tech, not develop and offer solution for a work the usb-dtt, he offer a new box gigablue hd-800-SE whit OPTIONAL tuner dtt, but the price is not economic is the same or aprox a VU-solo or similars boxes.

Becouse not work the usb-dtt drivers in the SOLO model and the usb-dtt tuners?

The bcm drivers factory in first box gigablue-solo is a problem, this drivers take the usb ports or major and minor nodes needed for working the drivers for usb-dtt for usb-dtt tuners and is impossible or more more dificult that work a usb-dtt tuners.

In this momment the oficial or factory bcm drivers is the same for Giga-solo and giga-SE and have the same problem.

and include the same trap as the company gigablue has done from the beginning, prevents working drivers for usb-dtt.

To end this post. the gigablue has been since the beginning tricking users of this gigablue-SOLO box.

If you need to tune channels on dtt, you buy the new gigablue-SE. Those who have the need gigablue dtt-alone and can already throw or give away, will not work because the bcm drivers never are created from scratch by the company gigablue.

And now if you want dear kajgan tell me otherwise, all this your already knew and neither has said and also has been making false promises to users.

When a new version of enigma2 out, how many downloads you have?

Bad trade policy gigablue those.

Vu+ builds new models but not thrown to the other models users and do not mislead users with official drivers bcm manipulated to not work in this case the usb-dtt tuner.

I feel my words but is true, sorry for the users of gigablue-hd-800-SOLO, will not have usb-dtt working well ever.

I told my dear pieterg that the problem was not what I was looking, he had absolutely right.

Re: I need help of developers for a box #39 espa

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 March 2012 - 12:27

@Sjaaky
I'm a adherent to opensource and so I have used OpenPli Images in all my Linux Receivers (E1/E2). I sold my Vu+ due to thinking that Gigablue would be the best price-performance ratio.
I expected that all mayor teams will support them because it uses BCM Mips processor. But that didn't happen and so we have to suffer with the buggy TeamRed Image. Simple things like SNR on cable reception doesn't work or most of the plugins are not working on it. The development of this Image is disimproving more and more. That's why I'm sad and mostly I´m rather annoyed - with me, cause I sold my Vu+Duo.

Re: I need help of developers for a box #40 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,473 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 7 March 2012 - 12:48

you can always buy a VU+ back and sell your buggy Gigablue

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users