OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins]

• Please log in to reply
1459 replies to this topic

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #41 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 24 October 2011 - 16:05

I had less time on my hands than I thought. So I didn't do anything, but looking at your progress.

Some good work is going on, but a few things that need addressing imho is
- the code in getMainbody, which looks experimental. A better way is to just register all dynamic pages with root.putChild and let every page for itself decide which template to load. Or, but this needs additional work, to use mod_python's PSP (http://www.modpython.../pyapi-psp.html) or the publish handler (http://www.modpython...b-alg-trav.html) .
- the current template enforces the width of the content window by using a solid top and bottom image as border. The content window needs to be scalable with the browser width imho.
- the www/html. Just a www folder will do I guess. If we put the css in the www, we can reference the images in www/images with just images/logo.gif instead of using ../images/logo.gif or by putting the css in the images folder.

So keep up the good work. I'm not leaving the project, although I'm a bit time-challenged at the moment.

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #42 bacicciosat

• 540 posts

+100
Excellent

Posted 24 October 2011 - 16:31

I had less time on my hands than I thought. So I didn't do anything, but looking at your progress.

Some good work is going on, but a few things that need addressing imho is
- the code in getMainbody, which looks experimental. A better way is to just register all dynamic pages with root.putChild and let every page for itself decide which template to load. Or, but this needs additional work, to use mod_python's PSP (http://www.modpython.../pyapi-psp.html) or the publish handler (http://www.modpython...b-alg-trav.html) .
- the current template enforces the width of the content window by using a solid top and bottom image as border. The content window needs to be scalable with the browser width imho.
- the www/html. Just a www folder will do I guess. If we put the css in the www, we can reference the images in www/images with just images/logo.gif instead of using ../images/logo.gif or by putting the css in the images folder.

So keep up the good work. I'm not leaving the project, although I'm a bit time-challenged at the moment.

I agree with all. The code and the template was only experimental and i was waiting for cooperation of ppl that have better and clear ideas like these.
So i will suspend for now. We will see when there will be time.

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #43 bacicciosat

• 540 posts

+100
Excellent

Posted 31 October 2011 - 00:49

I have implemented jQuery Ajax tabs for channels list to have an original approach.
I think is fast and comfortable.
Let me know your opinion.

Attached Files

• Attached File  ow.png   158.06KB   243 downloads

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #44 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 3 November 2011 - 21:13

I'm not a programmer. But i got a question.
Since their are programs who use the dreambox-only-webif , i wonder if this awesome opensourcewebif can have the same functions/links/commands as the dreambox-only-webif.

Forexample: I'd love to dump the webif we have with weird licenses, yes even as dreambox owner. Opensourceqwebif will be way better developed (i think).

But how about programs on phones who use webif to control the enigma2 tuner. Like Dreamdroid. Can opensourcewebif been made in away that it is compatible with those programs for the dreambox-only-webif.

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #45 bacicciosat

• 540 posts

+100
Excellent

Posted 3 November 2011 - 23:16

But how about programs on phones who use webif to control the enigma2 tuner. Like Dreamdroid. Can opensourcewebif been made in away that it is compatible with those programs for the dreambox-only-webif.

This is not a problem, Skaman will write the standard api set to mantain compatibility with the current apis used by third part applications. And it could be available a set of extended api too for future applications.
The problem is that this is a long work and it is only at beginning and maybe will be never completed.
P.s. i Have removed the tab system to use a better solution with a toolbox.
Here is the preview but is not yet committed because we have decided to change the code to use cheetah template system.

Attached Files

• Attached File  ow1.png   173.42KB   156 downloads

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #46 Meega

• 3,000 posts

+51
Good

Posted 5 November 2011 - 16:37

Great work guy's

I'm following your work by trying the OpenWebif on my pc .
But the last couple of day's i get een error wich say's "No module named cheetah.Template"
Can you tell me what i'm missing?
And what to install?

ET10000+ Openpli 6.1,1m schotel 4x duo-lnb op vaste opstelling.

Momolights teensy 2.0 met 50 leds op een string ,150 channels
DM8000 Openpli 6.1 Release

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #47 bacicciosat

• 540 posts

+100
Excellent

Posted 5 November 2011 - 17:21

here is

Attached Files

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #48 Meega

• 3,000 posts

+51
Good

Posted 5 November 2011 - 17:35

thanks

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #49 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 5 November 2011 - 20:16

or in console:
opkg install python-cheetah
will do the job ;)
True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #50 bacicciosat

• 540 posts

+100
Excellent

Posted 8 November 2011 - 00:01

Thanks to skaman work we have rebuilded application using Mvc architeture.
We start to have some api working and pages.Channel lists, about, info and zap channels.

Attached Files

• Attached File  ow2.png   105.08KB   192 downloads

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #51 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 8 November 2011 - 01:10

Just want to say: Awesome work dudes and dudettes. B)

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #52 Tonyboyth

• 53 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 November 2011 - 08:53

Wow, what can I say? Thank you so much.

Posted Image "sharing is caring"

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #53 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 8 November 2011 - 11:10

@bacicciosat: That's looking good for sure!

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #54 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 8 November 2011 - 11:51

Idea: for satellite positioners. At weird licensed webif, we got a button at top right.(little antenna symbol) "Show signal panel".
It gives the DB / SNR / AGC / BER of selected channel..

I think it would be awesome if this will be added in OpenWebIf, in a way that it's a full webpage with giant bars (4 bars, full page covering, from red to green with amount in digits under the bar or in the bar).
So that it is viewable from a long distance. More effective if you position your satellite dish who is away of pc screen.

Edited by J3r03n5ky, 8 November 2011 - 11:51.

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #55 buyukbang

• 185 posts

+11
Neutral

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:44

Awesome work, thx all !

BTW, (well, this may be stupid question) is it possible to implement HTML5 support for the channel streaming? IDK if this require recoding (if so i know that this is not possible), but if not I think this should be possible? It would be fine to use HTML5 browser capabilities, instead of VLC player..

It all started with a BigBang...

http://buyukbang.blogspot.com

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #56 Meega

• 3,000 posts

+51
Good

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:40

Wow it keeps getting better and better!!!
Nice featere with the picons in epg info -_-

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #57 bacicciosat

• 540 posts

+100
Excellent

Posted 13 November 2011 - 14:35

Yes for channel epg OpenWebIf search for picons in the box.
The result seems nice.
But i have a doubt. If to leave epg in a popup window or if to direct include epg in internal page adding a button in the toolbar.

Attached Files

• Attached File  ow3.png   131.22KB   174 downloads

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #58 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 13 November 2011 - 15:26

wow. it's looking better and better, congrats :)

Yes for channel epg OpenWebIf search for picons in the box.
The result seems nice.

I got picons in /picon and apparently such path is not searched (I can't see picons)

But i have a doubt. If to leave epg in a popup window or if to direct include epg in internal page adding a button in the toolbar.

I would stay with the old webif functionality - full epg in a popup window and an extended description after clicking event name (but probably I just simply got used to it ;))
True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #59 theparasol

• 4,157 posts

+198
Excellent

Posted 13 November 2011 - 15:31

Mine are on a usb stick, also no picons. Its nice to see them but not a must for me. As long as de webif is fast.
Zapping is working and if volume is implemented I'm a happy user of it.
I'm a dreambox owner and already kicked the dreambox only webif without a second thought!

Tnx for your great work!

root@dm800:/# ls picon* -la
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 Oct 24 19:33 picon -> /media/usb/picon

@Camping: ZGemma H.2S, Technisat Multytenne 4-in-1 @Home: Edision Mini 4K, Wave Frontier T55, EMP Centauri EMP DiSEqC 8/1 switch, 4x Inverto Ultra Black single LNB

Re: OpenWebif [E2OpenPlugins] #60 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 13 November 2011 - 15:33

I think it's better to use as less popup windows as possible. Then it's more easy to use on other then computers.(more mobile device / small screen friendly)

Edited by J3r03n5ky, 13 November 2011 - 15:33.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users