Photo

SmartReader+ in OSCAM on a DM7020 - How?

DM7020

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 fcs001fcs

• 244 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 30 October 2011 - 18:30

I have been trying for weeks to get my Smargo SmartReader+ on a DM7020 with OpenPli Beta (currently 30 Oct 11 build) to work in OSCAM and I still cannot get it to work. I did have it working in CCcam before I switched over. Here is where I am at so far:[list]
[*]I built the latest OSCAM (6012) with the EasyBuild Script using Debian in a Virtual Machine (WM Ware) on my Windows 7 64 PC. I included the the build option of Smargo Support (with_libusb (smargo)).
[*]I have tried it without this option and the Smartreader+ is not recognized even with the all the various settings that I have found in the forums here and elsewhere.
[*]I have the SmartReader+ setup as "AutoSwitch" and "Dreambox Kernel"; it is version 1.04. I have experimented with other settings.
[*]Now when I try to start OSCAM on the DM7020 I get the error "error while loading shared libraries libusb-1.0.so.0" and it will not start.
[*]OSCAM does work great when I use a basic OSCAM build without Smargo support and do not try to use the SmartReader.
[*]I have installed: "ipkg install kernal-module-ftdi-sio" and added "modprobe ftdi_sio" in the "bootup" file in "/etc/init.d" and when I do a "dmesg" in telnet I get the following: (extract)
[/list]

drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver usbserial

drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial Driver core v2.0

drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for FTDI SIO

drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for FTDI 8U232AM Compatible

drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for FTDI FT232BM Compatible

drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for FTDI FT2232C Compatible

drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for USB-UIRT Infrared Tranceiver

drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for Home-Electronics TIRA-1 IR Transceiver

ftdi_sio 1-1:1.0: FTDI FT232BM Compatible converter detected

usb 1-1: FTDI FT232BM Compatible converter now attached to ttyUSB0

drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver ftdi_sio

drivers/usb/serial/ftdi_sio.c: v1.4.1:USB FTDI Serial Converters Driver

[list]
[*]"/dev/ttyUSB0" or "/dev/usb/tts/0" does not work in OSCAM (without Smargo Support) for me. I think the first should work but there is no listing of "ttyUSB0" in "/dev" directory. I also tried "bus:device" (001:002) with no luck.
[*]In OSCAM I have tried the "smartreader" and "smargo" protocol for the reader.
[*]I have tried dozens of various changes to the settings in OSCAM and the SmartReader+ but still cannot get it to work on the DM7020. I have got it to work in a DM800 (Serial) but that is a newer version of Enigma (enigma 2).
[/list]

If someone has managed to get this combination of DM7020, OpenPli Beta, OSCAM and a Smargo SmartReader+ to work could you kindly step me through your settings?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users