Photo

want to change image

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 longtimedead

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 October 2011 - 21:39

ok i want to change the image on this box if i do it by internet explorer and i put the ip address of box in it comes up dream box centre ? i cant seem to reflash using exlplorer??

Re: want to change image #2 Alias1

• 575 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 31 October 2011 - 23:32

Assuming you have a dm800 power the box of hold down the power button on the front while powering the box back on

DM800se Vu+Duo ET-9000 Vu+Ultimo

Re: want to change image #3 longtimedead

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 November 2011 - 15:27

ok ive done this and saw the ip address but as soon as i put it in it comes up with dreambox webcontrol ? am trying to update flash but i cant do it thro web interface for some reason ?

Re: want to change image #4 hemispherical1

• 1,596 posts

+49
Good

Posted 1 November 2011 - 16:06

If you can't flash through the webif, the only other alternative is to use DreamUp. That said... You can delete the contents of /boot then the box absolutely has to boot into the webflashing interface or do absolutely nothing as it can no longer boot into the normal image., at that point DreamUp would still be required. ;)

To remove the contents of /boot, in telnet enter the commands:

mount /dev/mtdblock2 -t jffs2 /boot
rm /boot/*

Again, once the rm /boot/* command has been given, the box will be useless until reflashed. If the box is running now, you may want to verify you have the Null-Modem cable handy to use w/ DreamUp before proceeding, in case anything goes screwy.

Good luck,
--
hemi

Edited by hemispherical1, 1 November 2011 - 16:08.

Re: want to change image #5 Gennar1

• 296 posts

+31
Good

Posted 1 November 2011 - 18:27

wrong post.

Edited by Gennar1, 1 November 2011 - 18:27.

Re: want to change image #6 longtimedead

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 November 2011 - 18:41

If you can't flash through the webif, the only other alternative is to use DreamUp. That said... You can delete the contents of /boot then the box absolutely has to boot into the webflashing interface or do absolutely nothing as it can no longer boot into the normal image., at that point DreamUp would still be required. ;)

To remove the contents of /boot, in telnet enter the commands:

mount /dev/mtdblock2 -t jffs2 /boot
rm /boot/*

Again, once the rm /boot/* command has been given, the box will be useless until reflashed. If the box is running now, you may want to verify you have the Null-Modem cable handy to use w/ DreamUp before proceeding, in case anything goes screwy.

Good luck,
--
hemi

ok mate managed to do it now new image and so far working ok

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users