Photo

EPG language after boot

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Elmonds

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 November 2011 - 18:36

I have Vu+ Duo with latest nightly build, I installed it today.

OpenPLi has annoying bug that if I restart enigma or boot whole box EPG language doesn't work right even if I have set it from menu. Setting stays correctly, but it just doesn't work right. I have to set it other setting and change back and then EPG language is correct.

I found this bug about a month ago, can't remember when exactly. Then I changed image to other. Today I decided to go back with OpenPLi because of your great job, but I was disappointed that this bug has stayed.

Do you need somekind of evidence or log how you could examine this problem?

Re: EPG language after boot #2 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,472 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 12 November 2011 - 20:42

contact littlesat
he created the EPG language selection

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: EPG language after boot #3 Elmonds

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 November 2011 - 15:42

I think that Enhanced Movie Center was guilty. I uninstalled it and then EPG language is correct after boot. This topic can be closed.

Re: EPG language after boot #4 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,294 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 14 November 2011 - 15:44

Indeed the EMC can overwrite this setting... I cannot do anything about this... But in PLi this plugin does not really add something.

As EMC is using strange language codes defined bij DMM and not the iso codes the first auto EPG language will be given you no language at all...

Edited by littlesat, 14 November 2011 - 15:46.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: EPG language after boot #5 Dream1975

• 1,634 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:45

Why not remove the plugin then from downloads. There are several which better cannot be used in OpenPLi, if you'd like I make a list so these can be removed if possible.

Mutant HD2400, OpenPLi nightly, 2x DVB-C & 2x DVB-S

Mutant HD51, OpenPLi nightly, 1x DVB-C & 1x DVB-S

Wavefrontier T55 (Astra 1,2,3 en HB)

Smartcards Ziggo (Irdeto) and CDS (Seca) on Oscam

Re: EPG language after boot #6 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:15

While you're at it, i think there are dozens of plugins still in the feed, some of which probably won't even start at all, some work but no-one appears to use them, some are useless, double, etc. It would help a lot if someone just tested them and listed which ones are broken anyway (which automatically means that they're not used because otherwise someone would have complained about it) and should be removed.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: EPG language after boot #7 Dream1975

• 1,634 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:33

Tonight I'll have a look and make a list.

Re: EPG language after boot #8 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,294 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:59

Why not remove the plugin then from downloads.

Because there are still users around who want to use this plugin...

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: EPG language after boot #9 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:31

I think most EMC users just install the plugin because they THINK they need it. Just out of habit. They never bothered to check the built-in movielist, because they just assume it's the dorky one from DMM.

Re: EPG language after boot #10 macnuts

• 420 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 15 November 2011 - 13:13

Tonight I'll have a look and make a list.

The enigma2-plugin-extensions-nfibackup is a good candidate.

It is broken for some time now, though it can be fixed easily by replacing Total with Mem in line 233 of the /usr/bin/build-nfi-image.sh. Even after the fix, flashing the dm box using the generated backup failed (even with latest second stage loader).

Besides, the openpli 2.1 recommended way is to use the enigma2-plugin-extensions-autobackup plugin, isn't it?.

Regards.

Re: EPG language after boot #11 Bag58

• 437 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 15 November 2011 - 13:36

NFI backup is a completelky different animal than Autobackup.
NFI backup creates a full backup of the entire image.
Autobackup creates a backup of just the configuration settings.

The plugin that comes closest to NFI backup is the Backupsuite from Pedro Newbie. That also makes a full backup of the image. However that plugin only works on the Vu+, ClarkeTech and Xtrend receivers. So, as far as I know, for the other receivers there is no real alternative for NFI backup.

Re: EPG language after boot #12 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 15 November 2011 - 13:57

So, basically, "NFI backup" should be replaced with Pedro's plugin on the "other" receivers?

Re: EPG language after boot #13 macnuts

• 420 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 15 November 2011 - 15:13

NFI backup is a completelky different animal than Autobackup.

Yes, but in the end the outcome should be the same.

The NFI backup is broken on genuine DM8000 with SSL ver. 84. Patching the .py to use the SSL 84 did not help.

Re: EPG language after boot #14 Bag58

• 437 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 15 November 2011 - 15:47

@Orzes72
Did you read more of my post than just the first line?

The outcome of running NFI backup, presuming it works as it should, is an NFI file holding the entire image, 40MB+.
The outcome of running Autobackup is an archive holding just the settings, 100kB or so. Autobackup is not a "Full-backup" tool.

So believe me, these two are definitely not functionally the same.

@Milo
I don't think anyone using a Vu+, CT or Xt receiver uses the NFI Backup plugin. If they use a full backup tool, that will most likely be Pedros Backupsuite. I don't know of any alternatives.

Re: EPG language after boot #15 macnuts

• 420 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 15 November 2011 - 16:37

@Orzes72
Did you read more of my post than just the first line?

The outcome of running NFI backup, presuming it works as it should, is an NFI file holding the entire image, 40MB+.
The outcome of running Autobackup is an archive holding just the settings, 100kB or so. Autobackup is not a "Full-backup" tool.

So believe me, these two are definitely not functionally the same.

Yes I agree with you (and I read all of your post as well ;) ). I meant that the goal is more or less the same (state restoration to the given point in past), but now I see that Autobackup is more powerful as one can restore the settings in the new environment (updated or another machine).

The autobackup was developed heavily during few last months (as I can recall from the commit logs) and the NFI backup was not touch since SSL v. 78 or so. And it is broken on Pli (its script is broken and even after the corrections, flashing with the backuped image fails). And nobody reported that. That is why, following the MiLo arguments, I thought the NFI is obsolete now. End of off-topic.

Regards.

Edited by Orzes72, 15 November 2011 - 16:39.

Re: EPG language after boot #16 Dream1975

• 1,634 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 17 November 2011 - 14:33

Here is my list (a bit later than planned). These were my observations, please feel free to comment on mentioned pluygins or add you own. Maybe then this thread will make a list which cleans the number of plugins which are obsolete or don't work.

- OSDpositionsetup (2.7+git9157) and positionersetup (2.7+git9157) => Why are there 2 of them and why are they visible (even pre-installed with the image) on Dreamboxes that don't support this?
- NFIflash => doesn't work anymore (see above topics)
- OSD3dsetup => why are they visible on Dreamboxes that don't support this?
- Tempfancontrol => Is outdated and replaced with Fancontrol 2 in extensions
- Dream Bitrateviewer => This one is inferior to the PLi bitrateviewer which also doesn't have a TPMD check
- CD info => This can't be installed
- Changerootpassword => This one is obsolete and setpasswd (in system plugins) works better
- Enhancedmoviecenter => Seems obsolete because all functionality is peresent in the standard movieplayer
- Movielistpreview => Gives crashes (green screen of death)
- OPKG tools (don't know what this is)
- Passwordchanger => This one is obsolete and setpasswd (in system plugins) works better
- SimpleRSS => The PLi newsreader is better
- Suomipoeka -> Seems obsolete because all functionality is peresent in the standard movieplayer
- Tuxterm => Gives crashes
- Nano editor => Doesn't work

Edited by Dream1975, 17 November 2011 - 14:33.

Re: EPG language after boot #17 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 17 November 2011 - 15:40

regarding osdpositionsetup / osd3dsetup: you will not see them in the plugin menu, nor will they take any resources when the hardware does not support them.

positionersetup is something else btw, has to do with a rotating dish.

Re: EPG language after boot #18 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 17 November 2011 - 17:42

Here is my list (a bit later than planned). These were my observations, please feel free to comment on mentioned pluygins or add you own. Maybe then this thread will make a list which cleans the number of plugins which are obsolete or don't work.

- OPKG tools (don't know what this is)

OPKG tools is a package to create the IPK-files which are used to distribute plugins, so obsolete? Absolutely no!

Re: EPG language after boot #19 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,294 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 17 November 2011 - 18:43

Nano is an editor for text using telnet or putty (ssh)... indeed with the remote control it has no functionality.

Re: EPG language after boot #20 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,472 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 17 November 2011 - 21:21

but very handy to edit files via telnet

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users