Photo

I only saw 2 goals in the ger/ned game yesterday

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ICTag

• 18 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 November 2011 - 19:17

Apologies in advance to those of you who are still feeling the pain but, hey, it was only a friendly....

My pain was that just before the first goal I pressed the bookmark key to mark a good move that I wanted to watch again later and [start crisis] because I was in timeshift mode the ET9000 deleted the timeshift buffer and threw me to the live picture where the score was already 1:0 - so I missed the first goal [end crisis].

Because the timeshift was deleted I couldn't go back and see the goal scored :-(
[end of bigger crisis]

Point being.
1. Why is there no warning popup by [0] like there is for the [1-9] keys?
2. Why is [0] the bookmark key and not the "mark" key (I thought "mark" means "bookmark")?
3. Why can't you bookmark the timeshift buffer?
4. What on earth is the purpose of the [0] key-press when watching live/timeshift other causing crises like this. Why isn't it disabled?

And to all the Holland fans, better luck next time when it's for real :)
Tom

Edited by ICTag, 16 November 2011 - 19:18.

Clarke-Tech ET9000 - Open PLI 2.1 ; Plugins: autotimeshift, electropowersavesave, webmedia, backupsuite....

Re: I only saw 2 goals in the ger/ned game yesterday #2 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 16 November 2011 - 20:48

One or two of those experiences a few years ago made me never use the timeshift again.
Just start a recording, and you are safe.

Timeshift was unreliable with enigma, and got even worse with enigma2.
So my advise, don't use it.

Re: I only saw 2 goals in the ger/ned game yesterday #3 ICTag

• 18 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 November 2011 - 21:28

But timeshift is the reason I bought a PVR in the first place (2003) and that's the reason that when I bought a new receiver to handle HD anything other than a PVR was out of the question.
I never had any problems with timeshift from 2003 until I switched to the ET9000 this year.
The ET9000 and openpli are good. But it's the minimalist niggles as shown in the list that cause major pain.

Edited by ICTag, 16 November 2011 - 21:29.

Clarke-Tech ET9000 - Open PLI 2.1 ; Plugins: autotimeshift, electropowersavesave, webmedia, backupsuite....

Re: I only saw 2 goals in the ger/ned game yesterday #4 nietgiftig

• 787 posts

+39
Good

Posted 16 November 2011 - 21:42

After a lot of experiments with timeshifting I think you right.
The only thing I miss in de record button menu is discard the recording.

Now I have to go to the play video modus to delete something I never want to see again.

Hardware: Master VU Uno 4K SE  1x Mut@nt HD51.4K & 2x ZgemmaH9T
Software : Pli (v7) (7.1rc) 2019 

Re: I only saw 2 goals in the ger/ned game yesterday #5 ICTag

• 18 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 November 2011 - 22:15

Maybe I'm from another planet (and my family)... But the comfort factor is important to us. We just want to switch the tv on and zap around to our hearts content, pausing when we want, skipping when we want... without having to think about whether or not to record (and delete).

That's what timeshift and PVRs are about and I would have sent my et9000 back immediately had I not discovered the ATS plugin.
It's also the reason we left the VCR world happily behind us and didn't even contemplate dvd recorders.

The [0] handling is a small wrinkle ... causing big pain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users