Only now and then with sky uk

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 dog-man

• 394 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 22 November 2011 - 15:47

It seems no matter what I do, I can only get now and then on the sky uk package.

Is there something specific I should be doing to get the full epg on my VU DUO+?

All other packages seem to be ok with 7 days or thereabouts of epg data.

dog-man

Re: Only now and then with sky uk #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,508 posts

+1,733
Excellent

Posted 22 November 2011 - 16:30

SKY uses a propriatary system for EPG, which is encrypted and can not be processed by Enigma.

Download the XMLTV import package (enigma2-plugin-extensions-xmltvimport) and the corresponding Rytec source list (enigma2 - plugin - extensions - xmltvimport - rytec).
Start the plugin, configure it for daily automatic import, and select Sky/UK from the list of sources.

You can press the manual button (yellow) to start a manual import.

edit: this is for an OpenPLi image. Since you don't mention what you're using on the VU+, ymmv...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Only now and then with sky uk #3 dog-man

• 394 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 22 November 2011 - 16:55

Using my favourite image..... PLI!

dog-man

Re: Only now and then with sky uk #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,508 posts

+1,733
Excellent

Posted 22 November 2011 - 17:08

Well, that's all you have to do then (oh, and make sure the box has an internet connection ;))

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Only now and then with sky uk #5 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 22 November 2011 - 17:09

I thought enigma2 could decypher FreeSat epg ? There's an option in the advanced settings ......
turn the FreeSat setting to ON and tune into ITV1 HD (I've read somewhere this is the fasted data-stream).
_or_ use the Rytec XMLTV plugin, of course !
DreamBox 7000S+8000HD (eindelijk), openPLi, CCcam, 85 cm schotel, draaibare opstelling en VEEL te weinig slaap.

Re: Only now and then with sky uk #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,508 posts

+1,733
Excellent

Posted 22 November 2011 - 17:20

Freesat yes, SKY no.

It depends on the channels for which you need EPG. For most of the channels we watch, Freesat is no alternative.

Re: Only now and then with sky uk #7 dog-man

• 394 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 25 November 2011 - 16:45

Didn't work for me, sadly. :(

Still only getting now and then on sky uk.

dog-man

Re: Only now and then with sky uk #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,508 posts

+1,733
Excellent

Posted 25 November 2011 - 17:21

Start by explaining what you all tried...

Re: Only now and then with sky uk #9 dog-man

• 394 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 25 November 2011 - 18:06

I did what was suggested above in this thread.

dog-man

Re: Only now and then with sky uk #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,508 posts

+1,733
Excellent

Posted 25 November 2011 - 18:12

So if you press the blue button, select the EPG import plugin, check the sources, you have selected SKY UK? And if you press on "manual" (yellow), does it import? And if not, any messages?

Re: Only now and then with sky uk #11 dog-man

• 394 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 26 November 2011 - 20:45

Don't know what's happened but it is now working fine.

I assume it was down to a software update. I do one every day if one is available.

I have done nothing else.

I am very happy now. :D

dog-man

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users