• 10,039 posts

+339
Excellent

Posted 1 February 2012 - 18:37

Goto-OK
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 194, in processDelay
    callback(*retval)
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/GraphMultiEPG/GraphMultiEpg.py", line 782, in onDateTimeInputClosed
    seld.ask_time = ret[1] if ret[1] >= now else now
NameError: global name 'seld' is not defined

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: My Modified GraphMultiEpg #282 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 1 February 2012 - 18:42

typo, change it to: self
Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: My Modified GraphMultiEpg #283 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,039 posts

+339
Excellent

Posted 1 February 2012 - 18:52

Already found :) .
Line 782
self.ask_time = ret[1] if ret[1] >= now else now

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: My Modified GraphMultiEpg #284 mirakels

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 7,599 posts

+62
Good

Posted 1 February 2012 - 19:38

sorry about that. fixed now
Geen wonder... Had slechts een dm7000, maar wel ook een rotor. eigenlijk al een tijdje ook een dm600 en dm7025. Maar nu kijkend met een et9000 en vuduo

Re: My Modified GraphMultiEpg #285 awx

• 297 posts

+17
Neutral

Posted 2 February 2012 - 22:35

The caching fixes the issue you describe but it also fixes making a request down to the native layer each time you change a selected event. The size of the data you cache may be large, but GraphMultiEPG anyways neeeds to have a change so that it only requests data for the currently visible service and time window. When that change is in place, the data impact is minimal, performance is increased for all service list sizes and you dont have a penalty just to highlight over a different event. Maybe my thinking on this is incorrect, but I dont like to have to make multiple calls into the epgcache, especially for single events, but this may be a performance vs memory trade off, which I hope to minimize at some point.

GraphMultiEPG does only request epg data within the current visible timeframe. So that part seems fine.

I was thinking about only requesting epgdata for the (maxitems) visible services but that looks quite difficult.
The cursor movement code does not have a callback to do some laze data retrieval.
I think the only way to do that is to always have the 'isSelectable()' function active and let that function do epgcache retrieval in some cleaver way.
(e.g. start of with a service list containing None values as the eventslist and when isSelectable() finds a None value it calls fillMultiepg(). fillMultiEPG needs to be updated to only retrieve the epgdata for a limited number of services.
Hm, maybe it can be done...

So the main problem I have with coming up with a nice solution for this is to properly detect when we have actually rotate our selection from top to bottom, ie. pressing up and looping the list or down. The rest can be done, its just a little painful to get it all working properly. I will make another attempt at fixing this, as I have tried some solutions for this with varying success.

FYI, I have a change that will rework how this is done, which should improve performance on large bouquets and also on browsing the list of all services in the GraphMultiEPG. For all service this has a massive performance improvement. This will also save memory as we will only ever cache data for the currently displayed service list

Are patches for GraphMutliEPG still being committed? My current change is based on my source which is still much different than what you have in the repo and I need to know if I should wait before trying to merge what I have into the openpli repo. Also I am not sure if you picked up some of the refactors that I had that removed a lot of the duplicate calls that GraphMultiEpg was doing.

Re: My Modified GraphMultiEpg #286 mirakels

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 7,599 posts

+62
Good

Posted 3 February 2012 - 14:51

have to check a few of your patches, but I don't think all of remaining are needed anymore. I'll let yo know...
Geen wonder... Had slechts een dm7000, maar wel ook een rotor. eigenlijk al een tijdje ook een dm600 en dm7025. Maar nu kijkend met een et9000 en vuduo

Re: My Modified GraphMultiEpg #287 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 3 February 2012 - 19:15

but screen with searching still missing. f.eg...
Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: My Modified GraphMultiEpg #288 awx

• 297 posts

+17
Neutral

Posted 4 February 2012 - 11:43

have to check a few of your patches, but I don't think all of remaining are needed anymore. I'll let yo know...

I haven't tried the latest PLi GraphMultiEpg how is the text alignment in the list? Does the text still go from edge to edge? The changes I had for this don't seem to be in and I am not sure maybe you fixed this another way.

Edited by awx, 4 February 2012 - 11:44.

Re: My Modified GraphMultiEpg #289 theparasol

• 4,157 posts

+198
Excellent

Posted 4 February 2012 - 16:34

Testing the openpli integrated version and I have a "feature" request:

It's now lets say 15:15 and I moved the "cursor" is on a program that starts on 16:30 and press the blue goto button it asks for date and time.
It would be nice that the default date and time that are shown at that moment would be the start date and time of the program where the cursor is on.

@Camping: ZGemma H.2S, Technisat Multytenne 4-in-1 @Home: Edision Mini 4K, Wave Frontier T55, EMP Centauri EMP DiSEqC 8/1 switch, 4x Inverto Ultra Black single LNB

Re: My Modified GraphMultiEpg #290 mirakels

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 7,599 posts

+62
Good

Posted 8 February 2012 - 19:39

I haven't tried the latest PLi GraphMultiEpg how is the text alignment in the list? Does the text still go from edge to edge? The changes I had for this don't seem to be in and I am not sure maybe you fixed this another way.

text alignment is in now. but not the code that goes around the fontheigts. You seem to want to control exact placement of the text bypassing the font renderer.... Vertical aligment on the entry box should be sufficient.
That more or less leaves
- the 'dedicated' keymap files. Why did you want that?
- the TBD stuff. What is the rationale behind that?
- the toggletimer code. Have to look at that...
- caching of the event data. I think that is not really needed.

Re: My Modified GraphMultiEpg #291 mirakels

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 7,599 posts

+62
Good

Posted 8 February 2012 - 19:40

Testing the openpli integrated version and I have a "feature" request:

It's now lets say 15:15 and I moved the "cursor" is on a program that starts on 16:30 and press the blue goto button it asks for date and time.
It would be nice that the default date and time that are shown at that moment would be the start date and time of the program where the cursor is on.

sounds like a good idea. What do others think?

Re: My Modified GraphMultiEpg #292 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,301 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 8 February 2012 - 19:57

I think that is a good idea...

What I also discover is that we see the time/date twice... and one of the two is in English not foreign language.... I suggest the one in English above the picons and channel name is indicated what the timeline means... but I suggest we can remove that as the correct date can also been read on the event highlighted by the cursor. Or at least make it in foreign language.... Or at least make it all in the same format.

I think Woensdag 08 is nice to have above the picons and channel names and a complete date/time in two rows could be nice above the hightlitened event.

Attached Files

Edited by littlesat, 8 February 2012 - 19:58.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: My Modified GraphMultiEpg #293 awx

• 297 posts

+17
Neutral

Posted 8 February 2012 - 20:27

text alignment is in now. but not the code that goes around the fontheigts. You seem to want to control exact placement of the text bypassing the font renderer.... Vertical aligment on the entry box should be sufficient.
That more or less leaves

I don't like the key settings that you have and prefer not to have to modify the python source ( others may feel the same way )
TBD stuff is to fill empty gaps where there is no data, so that the grid looks consistent ( this is basically what i started with on page 1 of this thread )
toggletimer code is simply to remove a timer if one exists or show the screen to add one if it doesn't, simplifies logic but is not 100% needed.
Caching of event data is a performance memory tradeoff, I personally think its a good idea to cache the current page of data ( still needs my one change to really only cache the current page ) so that we don't end up calling down to the native layer, locking the db and finding the event, which we have already done once on the initial search.

Re: My Modified GraphMultiEpg #294 awx

• 297 posts

+17
Neutral

Posted 8 February 2012 - 20:29

That more or less leaves

Also vertical alignment is not completely satisfactory when you only want one line of text to be displayed and trimmed properly.
The problem stems from the fact that there is no proper word trimming when no wrap is set and when wrap is set if you only have one line you need to play games, however doing this allows people who like multi line text in their event list to be able to set this and have it and same goes for single line

Re: My Modified GraphMultiEpg #295 awx

• 297 posts

+17
Neutral

Posted 8 February 2012 - 20:33

I think that is a good idea...

What I also discover is that we see the time/date twice... and one of the two is in English not foreign language.... I suggest the one in English above the picons and channel name is indicated what the timeline means... but I suggest we can remove that as the correct date can also been read on the event highlighted by the cursor. Or at least make it in foreign language.... Or at least make it all in the same format.

I think Woensdag 08 is nice to have above the picons and channel names and a complete date/time in two rows could be nice above the hightlitened event.

I think making them in the same format is a must, but I personally like to have the date their because if an event spans across one day then the previous date is displayed but you are viewing a page of results for the next day.

Re: My Modified GraphMultiEpg #296 awx

• 297 posts

+17
Neutral

Posted 8 February 2012 - 20:39

That more or less leaves

Also caching of event data also prevents if your data in the future has changed then you would have strange behaviour, the event in the list would show one thing while the selected data would show another. Granted that is not something that may happen very often and less often for the user to notice it, but it is something that should be taken into account.

Re: My Modified GraphMultiEpg #297 mirakels

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 7,599 posts

+62
Good

Posted 8 February 2012 - 22:56

The date/time above the event data is defined in your skin....

The date above picon/sevicename is indeed there to easily show what date the events are from. Somehow it seems much easier that lookin up about the current event data.

I just commited a fix fix to show the date in the proper language. Thanks for spotting this.
I Never saw it as I dont set Nederlands as the box language.

PS: moet February in het nederlands niet als Februari gespeld worden ?

Re: My Modified GraphMultiEpg #298 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 9 February 2012 - 06:48

Ja en dan ook zonder hoofdletter

Re: My Modified GraphMultiEpg #299 Dream1975

• 1,634 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 9 February 2012 - 09:15

I noticed 2 days ago that if you change the timeline (with the 1/2/3 buttons) the times on top stay at the same positi

Mutant HD2400, OpenPLi nightly, 2x DVB-C & 2x DVB-S

Mutant HD51, OpenPLi nightly, 1x DVB-C & 1x DVB-S

Wavefrontier T55 (Astra 1,2,3 en HB)

Smartcards Ziggo (Irdeto) and CDS (Seca) on Oscam

Re: My Modified GraphMultiEpg #300 mirakels

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 7,599 posts

+62
Good

Posted 9 February 2012 - 10:09

I noticed 2 days ago that if you change the timeline (with the 1/2/3 buttons) the times on top stay at the same positi

Good catch! Thanks.
Fixed now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users