Photo

Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here!

• Please log in to reply
2126 replies to this topic

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1401 Tech

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 14,637 posts

+459
Excellent

Posted 17 February 2018 - 16:50

Here the changed de.po file as (txt extension for uploading)

for the User - bouquets translation inteo

Benutzer - Bouquest

Pushed to the develop branch (from which it came from, I hope ;) )

I hope you didn't use the words you mentioned above,

If so, I think it contains a typo, you translated a line: 'Benutzer - Bouquest' but I think that must be 'Benutzer - Bouquets'

Aan de rand van de afgrond is een stap voorwaarts niet altijd vooruitgang....

On the edge of the abyss, a step forward is not always progress....

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1402 anudanan

• 1,185 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 17 February 2018 - 17:23

Thx, the typo is not in the file ;-)

Receiver:2 x Uno4k SE (PLI 7.3 rel), 1 x ET9200 (PLI 4.0), NAS: 2 x QNAP 410, TV: LG 65C8llla, LG 47LB570V, LG 42LM615S, Sound: Yamaha RX-v663, Teufel System 5 THX

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1403 anudanan

• 1,185 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 17 February 2018 - 18:22

Here the same fix for openpli 6.1

Attached Files

Receiver:2 x Uno4k SE (PLI 7.3 rel), 1 x ET9200 (PLI 4.0), NAS: 2 x QNAP 410, TV: LG 65C8llla, LG 47LB570V, LG 42LM615S, Sound: Yamaha RX-v663, Teufel System 5 THX

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1404 Eragon

• 164 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 18 February 2018 - 18:08

Following my previous reporting, I'm posting here the first result of my analysis of the original English strings found in the code and included in the develop enigma2.pot file for the translations.

This first set presented here contains the typos or English grammar errors I found in the file (red) and my proposed corrections (blue).

Other analysis findings will follow in the future.

It seems you did not see all the eight arrow heads. This means your TV is has overscan enabled, and is not configured properly

It seems you did not see all the eight arrow heads. This means your TV has overscan enabled, and is not configured properly

Please refer to your TVs manual to find how you can disable overscan on your TV. Look for terms like 'Just fit', 'Full width', etc. If you can't find it, ask other users at http://forums.openpli.org.

Please refer to your TV's manual to find how you can disable overscan on your TV. Look for terms like 'Just fit', 'Full width', etc. If you can't find it, ask other users at http://forums.openpli.org.

Allow quit movieplayer with exit

Allow quitting movieplayer with exit

and never ask again this session again

and never ask in this session again

A graphical EPG for all services of an specific bouquet

A graphical EPG for all services of a specific bouquet

You PIN code is 0000. This is the default PIN code and it disable parental control!

Your PIN code is 0000. This is the default PIN code and it disables parental control!

Configure which tuner type will be preferred, when the same service is available on different types of tuners. Choose 'no priority' to try each alternative one by one independent from tuner type.

Configure which tuner type will be preferred, when the same service is available on different types of tuners. Choose 'no priority' to try each alternative one by one independently from tuner type.

In other words, if the yellow box meets all for sides of your screen, then you have at least 5% overscan on all sides.

In other words, if the yellow box meets all four sides of your screen, then you have at least 5% overscan on all sides.

You did not see all eight arrow heads. This means your TV has overscan enabled and presents you with a zoomed-in picture, causing you to loose part of a full HD screen. In addition this you may also miss parts of the user interface, for example volume bars and more.

You did not see all eight arrow heads. This means your TV has overscan enabled and presents you with a zoomed-in picture, causing you to loose part of a full HD screen. In addition to this you may also miss parts of the user interface, for example volume bars and more.

Pauze/Continue playback

Pause/Continue playback

How many minutes do you want add to record?

How many minutes do you want to add to record?

This option configures you can set auto volume level.  

This option allows you to set auto volume level.  

This option allows you show all symbols on display.

This option allows you to show all symbols on display.

This option set the level of surpression of musquito noise (Musquito Noise is random aliasing as a result of strong compression). Obviously this goes at the cost of picture details.

This option set the level of suppression of mosquito noise (Mosquito Noise is random aliasing as a result of strong compression). Obviously this goes at the cost of picture details.

verify thay you have entered correct IP informations in the adapter setup dialog.

verify that you have entered correct IP information in the adapter setup dialog.

Configure whether or not an rotor position will be displayed on infobar

Configure whether or not a rotor position will be displayed on infobar

When enabled you can specify an extra timeframe were the inactivity sleeptimer is ignored. Not the detection is disabled during this timeframe but the inactivity timeout is disabled

When enabled you can specify an extra timeframe when the inactivity sleeptimer is ignored. Not the detection is disabled during this timeframe but the inactivity timeout is disabled

When enabled you can specify a timeframe were the inactivity sleeptimer is ignored. Not the detection is disabled during this timeframe but the inactivity timeout is disabled

When enabled you can specify a timeframe when the inactivity sleeptimer is ignored. The detection is not disabled during this timeframe but the inactivity timeout is disabled

When enabled, number markers will be hiden.

When enabled, number markers will be hidde
n.

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1405 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,593 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 18 February 2018 - 22:29

Thanks. Corrected in development.

Made some additional corrections, for example "This option allows you to show all symbols on display" is about the LCD display on the box, not about something being "on display", so it should be "This option allows you to show all symbols on the display".

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1406 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:10

Hi WanWizard,

Why don't you update all the .po file also?

Isn't it possible to issue a "sed" command on all .po files to update all of them with the changes?

Thanks,

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1407 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,593 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:22

I have no clue how that works, in 30+ years of development I've managed to avoid anything gettext... ;)

I assume something needs to be generated again? It would be great if someone could come up with an automated way of doing that, which we can incorporate into your build process...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1408 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 19 February 2018 - 22:11

Hi,

PR created for french translation update and here is the latest enigma2.pot file for other translators.

Pr2

Attached Files

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1409 MCelliotG

• 443 posts

+35
Good

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:57

Pulled two requests, second one with small fixes. The first one passed Travis as it should, the second revision failed, seems everything is failing with Travis today!

Anyway, please push!

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1410 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 21 February 2018 - 15:18

I have no clue how that works, in 30+ years of development I've managed to avoid anything gettext... ;)

I assume something needs to be generated again? It would be great if someone could come up with an automated way of doing that, which we can incorporate into your build process...

Done: https://github.com/P...nigma2-language

Now you can create another folder on your build server and schedule this ;)

Open Vision sources: https://github.com/OpenVisionE2

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1411 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,593 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 21 February 2018 - 15:20

Doesn't that need to restore "configure.ac.backup" when it's done, to avoid commiting a modified configure.ac?

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1412 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 21 February 2018 - 16:09

No need to specify make *.po a simple make is enough.

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1413 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 21 February 2018 - 17:59

Doesn't that need to restore "configure.ac.backup" when it's done, to avoid commiting a modified configure.ac?

No because the script only commits po files and that backup is only for you to have.

It's better to have this script somewhere only for po update nothing more.

Open Vision sources: https://github.com/OpenVisionE2

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1414 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,593 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 21 February 2018 - 18:13

And the modified configure.ac doesn't have any other local side-effects? Because if not, why aren't these changes permanent?

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1415 Eragon

• 164 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 21 February 2018 - 21:04

Pulled my updated Italian translation to github (develop).

It includes the translation of latest error corrections made in the English source code.

I attach here the compiled italian enigma2.mo file, in case somebody wishes to immediately add the new translation to his image:

overwrite the existing enigma2.mo file into:

/root/usr/share/enigma2/po/it/LC_MESSAGES

and restart Enigma2

Attached Files

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1416 Gringosat

• 41 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 22 February 2018 - 19:48

Pulled my updated Italian translation to github (develop).

It includes the translation of latest error corrections made in the English source code.

I attach here the compiled italian enigma2.mo file, in case somebody wishes to immediately add the new translation to his image:

overwrite the existing enigma2.mo file into:

/root/usr/share/enigma2/po/it/LC_MESSAGES

and restart Enigma2

Thanks Eragon for your great job.

Just some remarks:

1) Why nations names are not translated but simply copied? Ie. Belgium should be Belgio

2) Why comands are translated using "infinitive" verb with a "formal mode" instead using an "informal mode"? Ie. "Modificare l'indirizzo dell'origine degli aggiornamenti." could be "Modifica indirizzo fonte aggiornamenti"

I usually prefer "informal mode" (like File -> Apri in Windows menu) with short text :-)

Anyway, the community appreciate your job of keeping the italian language up to date.

I'm gonna try the .mo file next days.

Regards

Edited by Gringosat, 22 February 2018 - 19:49.

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1417 Eragon

• 164 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 22 February 2018 - 22:32

Hi,

for which regards the country names, these have not been translated as in my opinion they are to be used by non Italian speaking people to select their UI own language.

So they are not to be understood by the Italians... and English country names are more internationally known and therefore useful for this scope.

Formal Italian is generally advised and widely used in many types of documentation, both technical and legal (like user manuals, prescriptions, regulatory or warning recommendations, etc.).

The reason is that in the Italian language the second person singular is used only when speaking with friends or relatives.

It's different from English where this second person can refer both to singular and plural.

As a consequence, a lot of people (like me) don't like to be approached using the second person singular when dealing with strangers.

Windows (and many others) adopted the second person singular mainly for compactness and because it's more similar to English. But this doesn't mean that it's a better way to translate, it's only somehow easier, shorter and more friendly.

At the end it's only a matter of preference.

Edited by Eragon, 22 February 2018 - 22:36.

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1418 Gringosat

• 41 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 23 February 2018 - 00:01

Hi,

for which regards the country names, these have not been translated as in my opinion they are to be used by non Italian speaking people to select their UI own language.

So they are not to be understood by the Italians... and English country names are more internationally known and therefore useful for this scope.

Formal Italian is generally advised and widely used in many types of documentation, both technical and legal (like user manuals, prescriptions, regulatory or warning recommendations, etc.).

The reason is that in the Italian language the second person singular is used only when speaking with friends or relatives.

It's different from English where this second person can refer both to singular and plural.

As a consequence, a lot of people (like me) don't like to be approached using the second person singular when dealing with strangers.

Windows (and many others) adopted the second person singular mainly for compactness and because it's more similar to English. But this doesn't mean that it's a better way to translate, it's only somehow easier, shorter and more friendly.

At the end it's only a matter of preference.

Thanks for your clear and esaustic answer.

One more question about translation, on the rotating satellite icon when moving the rotor i can read:

Da: 13°

ndare a: 19,2

Is it the same for you? I've checked the .po file and the word is correct "Andare a" (row 3635).

Maybe is a long row problem, so an abbreviation should be necessary ("Vai a" or "A")...

Can you check please?

Regards

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1419 Eragon

• 164 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 23 February 2018 - 00:15

In the it.po file there is also  "Andare a:" at line 3644 which I think is the one being used.

Anyway it's complete, so maybe there is a space allocation problem in the skin?

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #1420 Gringosat

• 41 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 23 February 2018 - 19:50

Just for information, where can i find .po files of OpenPli plugins?

I can see some plugins are not translated in italian :-(

Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users