Photo

Have script for complete backup image (VU+Duo)?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 javier3034

• 54 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 11 January 2012 - 20:42

Hello friends,

The script for backup a complete image of VU+Duo from a box and telnet, don`t work in the new 3.1.1 images.

The script make a complete backup of the image in a box in the 2 systems, one file in .nfi and the 3 files inside of folders vuplus/duo/... for usb, and not work.

Have a new script or solution for backup the complete image in the box for a 2 install image systems like a first script for this?

This is the script that not work in the new images, before he create the two system backup complete image in the /hdd/backup/.... or usb/backup... of the image in the box:

Attached File  Hacer copia de imagenes.rar   38.52KB   48 downloads

Thank your

Re: Have script for complete backup image (VU+Duo)? #2 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 11 January 2012 - 21:25

Take a look under Menu->Plugins->Green Download button->Extensions->BackupSuite 8.2 and you will find a working application for making back-up's for all models VU+ and Xtrend ET models 9x00, 6x00 and 5x00
Not in Spanish but in English, Dutch, French, German, Polish or Russian. Maybe you can add the Spanish language?

Edited by Pedro_Newbie, 11 January 2012 - 21:27.

Re: Have script for complete backup image (VU+Duo)? #3 javier3034

• 54 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 11 January 2012 - 23:49

Thank your Dear Pedro_Newbie, I loock this,

And yes, not problem for add the spanish languaje in this or another plugins or files thats your need,

Whats add spanish languaje, in a file, in script?

Say my and I translate and add this, or when I translate I send your the file for include in a OpenPli source.

Regards

Re: Have script for complete backup image (VU+Duo)? #4 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:54

The enclosed file contains all English message which are to be translated. The translation can be added with poedit, the windows version you can download HERE
You can test your translation by adding the tree under /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/BackupSuite-HDD/locale so making the complete path /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/BackupSuite-HDD/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/BackupSuite.po (and BackupSuite.mo).

Please do not change any English line's and keep the formatting the same as the source

Attached Files

• Attached File  es.rar   1.48KB   25 downloads

Re: Have script for complete backup image (VU+Duo)? #5 javier3034

• 54 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 12 January 2012 - 23:35

Dear Pedro_Newbie, I attach the traslation of spanish, I try and work good the translate and more good your pluging, :)

Only two question:

Is normal and good for install only two files in the backup, withou file "boot_cfe_auto.jffs2"?
The two backups created, aren the same files?
Don't create a backup in .nfi, is not posible in this momment?

Thank your and good work

Attached Files

• Attached File  es.rar   5.17KB   6 downloads

Re: Have script for complete backup image (VU+Duo)? #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,677 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 13 January 2012 - 00:50

A VU+ doesn't use the nfi format, that's a Dreambox thing. And you don't need the boot_cfe file.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Have script for complete backup image (VU+Duo)? #7 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:06

Javier3034, thanks for your translation!

Here's the new BackupSuite version 8.3 with your translation.

The nfi support is dropped soemtime ago because no one uses it, it's much easier to flash an USB image.

Attached Files

Re: Have script for complete backup image (VU+Duo)? #8 javier3034

• 54 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:23

Tanks at your for this good pluging,

I don't use .nfi version backup, but have users he install in flash the black-hole images and in meoboot others images in usb-pen, and for install the images for meoboot in usb-pen or HDD, only is possible if the images are in extension .nfi, like this the people, have a posibility of start diferents images installed in a usb-pen or hdd, when start a VU, have a menu whit all images installed in a usb or hdd and your select the image start in this menu, is the same at barry-allen.

Whit this meoboot is possible test and start diferent images of VU+ and dm-8000, but need install the black-hole image in flash, becouse is only image that have this possibility.

The black-hole are the little special team, but have this utility for test or start images in .nfi, not other images have this possibility.

In the last version of black-hole images have a possibility that install images in multiboot, I don't test this but I read that multiboot is for install images in usb or hdd in .tar.gz and start this images installed in usb o hdd, in yhis momment he say only work in multiboot images whit linux 3.1.1.

This possibility of install and start images installed in pen or hdd, is a good option for many users, whit this their test other images.

Is a good goal for openpli if the images have the posibility of install in flash OpenPli and in usb or hdd other images for test or start other images, many people agre this possibility, is for this many people, install in flash the blackhole images and in multiboot or meoboot other images in usb or hdd.

When I attach today a openpli image whit installed and working drivers of usb-dtt for avermedia volar Black (af-9015) and for ministick (sms siano) in a forum I moderate (tododream), the first question of users is: "Have a version of .nfi for install this image in meoboot.....?", more people have a black hole in flash becouse this is only image that have this possibilty at users, and more users like test and start all the images possibles installed in pen or hdd... :(

Regards and thank your friends

Edited by javier3034, 13 January 2012 - 12:26.

Re: Have script for complete backup image (VU+Duo)? #9 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 13 January 2012 - 13:07

I'm aware of the possibilities of meoboot/Black Hole but for me that's no reason to maintain an option that's very rarely used. If they want to install a nfi image they can take the nightly build which is also in nfi format. Or they can back-up there own image and try Openpli in flash, if they don't like Openpli they just can restore there image.
In Blackhole this backupsuite is also implemented so they always can back-up/restore the image if they want to try.

The older versions of the Backupsuite had the ability to make a nfi, if needed just search the forum (but it is not compatible with the kernel 3.1.1)

Edited by Pedro_Newbie, 13 January 2012 - 13:08.

Re: Have script for complete backup image (VU+Duo)? #10 javier3034

• 54 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 13 January 2012 - 22:15

You're right,
I'm wrong, in blackhole1.7.7 not accepts Nfi, just accept. Zip (folder vuplus / duo / ... compressed in zip)

Regards.

Re: Have script for complete backup image (VU+Duo)? #11 javier3034

• 54 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 13 January 2012 - 22:28

Sorry, is version 1.7.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users