Photo

VTUNERD: Developer needs help of VU+ Owners and Developers !

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 buyukbang

• 185 posts

+11
Neutral

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:36

Hi all VU+ friends,

VTuner is an application that shares tuner of enigma2 STB with PC. This is a complete sharing that simulating tuner on the linux side with a virtual driver So with that virtual tuner, you can do everything that you can do with a physical tuner attached to your system: For example. You can run all DVB and VDR applications like MythTV, you can use offline download features of DVB cards .... Note that this is not a simple streaming that is dependent on E2, this is completely a full DVB card similator that executes independent from E2.

There is two separate vtuner executables:
1- vtunerd: Server application that is executed on STB: vtunerd shares tuner of the STB.
2- vtunerc: Client side application that is executed on your PC (linux OS like Ubuntu). This connects DVB/DVR applications

For more information, downloads and source codes see here:
http://code.google.com/p/vtuner

The problem here, unfortunately vtunerd does not work correctly on VU+ boxes, only DMM customers enjoy this great application.

However, I opened a ticket and the developer is interested in to modify code to support VU+ boxes. Since he does not have VU+ box, I tried to help him on testing by sending required log files. But at the moment developer needs a USB tuner logs attached to VU+. Unfortunately I don't have a USB tuner and I cannot help him anymore. Please see the full story here:

http://code.google.c...es/detail?id=13

What I'm asking is the help of VU+ users/developers having a USB tuner working on E2. If you can help on this, just write a message on the above link, then the developer will give required directions.

For sure, especially help of the skilled developers of this forum would fasten this process. Any help would be appreciated !!!

Thanks !!

Edited by buyukbang, 24 January 2012 - 09:38.

It all started with a BigBang...

http://buyukbang.blogspot.com

Re: VTUNERD: Developer needs help of VU+ Owners and Developers ! #2 buyukbang

• 185 posts

+11
Neutral

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:54

Any help please ?

It all started with a BigBang...

http://buyukbang.blogspot.com

Re: VTUNERD: Developer needs help of VU+ Owners and Developers ! #3 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 6 February 2012 - 11:11

Hi,

Seems that the issue is solved with this compiled version.
Working both on Xtrend and VU+

Pr2

Attached Files

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: VTUNERD: Developer needs help of VU+ Owners and Developers ! #4 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 6 February 2012 - 11:37

Are there, as far as you know, any plans to support a Windows client?

Re: VTUNERD: Developer needs help of VU+ Owners and Developers ! #5 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 6 February 2012 - 13:00

Hi,

If you know somebody capable to write a BDA driver, he is welcome to port vtuner for Windows.
Vtuner is fully opensource so a developper with enough BDA skill should be able to translate it for Windows.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users