• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Re: DVDPlayer and MediaPlayer plugins there in menu #21 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 1 February 2012 - 21:00

Unpack it, replace plugin.py in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MediaPlayer with this new .py and then restart GUI.

Attached Files

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: DVDPlayer and MediaPlayer plugins there in menu #22 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 1 February 2012 - 21:10

When it will works, try same with this, but into /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/DVDPlayer directory.
I am using old file with obsolete build-in filemanager. It is more safe for my stored DVD files, when are children on box ;) And overlay screen works always here.

Attached Files

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: DVDPlayer and MediaPlayer plugins there in menu #23 thomas2000

• 82 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 February 2012 - 21:34

Thank you very much!

Works great!

:)

Re: DVDPlayer and MediaPlayer plugins there in menu #24 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,275 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 2 February 2012 - 07:30

Why do you want it in the menu? As it is not required anymore?

I understand when peoply get used to something then.......

;)

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: DVDPlayer and MediaPlayer plugins there in menu #25 thomas2000

• 82 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 February 2012 - 09:51

I understand when peoply get used to something then.......

;)

Exactly :) , but also I like mediaplayer to play mp3s. I got some playlists to play my favorite music. I don't know if that's possible with PVR button?

Re: DVDPlayer and MediaPlayer plugins there in menu #26 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,275 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 2 February 2012 - 09:57

The Mediaplayer is still available... via the applications... just one click further ;)... via the PVR button you also can play MP3s. But from a folder.... No playlists (yet).

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: DVDPlayer and MediaPlayer plugins there in menu #27 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 8 February 2012 - 10:46

@Ims

Thank's was really missing DVD player item in application menu now it's even in main menu super.

Re: DVDPlayer and MediaPlayer plugins there in menu #28 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,275 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 8 February 2012 - 10:50

The DVD player is integrated into PLi - so it is even not required anymore...

Re: DVDPlayer and MediaPlayer plugins there in menu #29 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 9 February 2012 - 15:42

The DVD player is integrated into PLi - so it is even not required anymore...

I do know, but it's super user unfriendly. For me ok, My dad syster mother and small kids , they just do not understand to use it via pvr button, how manny time You explain show .....

With the menu not one off time have any problem.

Re: DVDPlayer and MediaPlayer plugins there in menu #30 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2012 - 14:24

After an update off openpli, The dvd player plugin is upadated and we have to pacth this again.

My question is, Is there not a simple way to adapt the plugin that it shows up in menu applications and main menu but just perform same action as pushing pvr button ?
Eventually making a menu entry in settings system divers settings expert to switch it on or off ?

Re: DVDPlayer and MediaPlayer plugins there in menu #31 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,275 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2012 - 14:49

Just explain your family... via the PVR it is much easier....!!!

Re: DVDPlayer and MediaPlayer plugins there in menu #32 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2012 - 16:50

After an update off openpli, The dvd player plugin is upadated and we have to pacth this again.

My question is, Is there not a simple way to adapt the plugin that it shows up in menu applications and main menu but just perform same action as pushing pvr button ?
Eventually making a menu entry in settings system divers settings expert to switch it on or off ?

The point is: one should not (want to) look for an application at all, but for a file to be played. And the box knows which application to use.
How easy do you want to have it? Easier then this one-button-plays-all is not possible.......

Edited by SatKiekerd, 10 February 2012 - 16:51.

Re: DVDPlayer and MediaPlayer plugins there in menu #33 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,275 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2012 - 17:09

The point is: one should not (want to) look for an application at all, but for a file to be played. And the box knows which application to use.
How easy do you want to have it? Easier then this one-button-plays-all is not possible.......

Exactly

Re: DVDPlayer and MediaPlayer plugins there in menu #34 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2012 - 17:12

Just explain your family... via the PVR it is much easier....!!!

I did already more then once even ........ , They really can't catch it. Personnaly I do not have any problem with it.

The youngest kid just can't understand it the older well, But my dad and sister are with the same problem ....
My girl friend does have no problem with it . Some wathever You explain, show can't coop with it ... Yes it's wierd but a fact .

Re: DVDPlayer and MediaPlayer plugins there in menu #35 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2012 - 17:21

Well, then explain me how your dad & sister get a DVD to play.

Re: DVDPlayer and MediaPlayer plugins there in menu #36 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2012 - 17:43

Well, then explain me how your dad & sister get a DVD to play.

Well they just push the menu button and find they OOO yes dvd player. And note by me it's well a bit different as I do have all dvd on pc The dream is connected to with nfs and its mounted to map iso located in /media.

Believe me it took me a lot of time (and patience) to explain them only to first browse to flash then media then iso. But they catch it up at the end ....... . Now the change from the menu that it's just gone is for my youngest sister and dad a real problem. To have it in menu it's really user friendly and actually it does not harm at all. Now that I see it's integrated why not just make a menu item of it. And to not ennoy those who do not want't it just make it ass an option in the expert setup menu, there my youngest kid and dad sister are not looking . But once enabled even if it's not default that I can do - :)

Edited by christophecvr, 10 February 2012 - 17:45.

Re: DVDPlayer and MediaPlayer plugins there in menu #37 daddelfalk

• 489 posts

+17
Neutral

Posted 10 February 2012 - 17:49

Hi,

as there is the embedded Filebrowser Screen removed, so it won't not really resolve your issue.

Re: DVDPlayer and MediaPlayer plugins there in menu #38 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2012 - 18:54

So if I understand you correctly
Menu --> DvD-Player --> Navigate --> OK
is easier then
PVR --> Navigate --> OK
You really lost me there...........

Re: DVDPlayer and MediaPlayer plugins there in menu #39 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2012 - 19:27

is easier then
PVR --> Navigate --> OK

You're wright that's it, Not for me but ...... yes . If I could tell you why , It would be solved as well but that's it.

It's very psychologic but for some having the visual menu is very important whitout they're lost. After all that's one of the key points between user friendly or not.

Re: DVDPlayer and MediaPlayer plugins there in menu #40 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2012 - 21:32

is easier then
PVR --> Navigate --> OK

You're wright that's it, Not for me but ...... yes . If I could tell you why , It would be solved as well but that's it.

It's very psychologic but for some having the visual menu is very important whitout they're lost. After all that's one of the key points between user friendly or not.

So in fact you say that if there would be a menu-entry called "PVR' (or movie-list or so) that would be more userfriendly then having a dedicated button on your R/C as is now the case?
I don't think the 'Menu' is needed for any normal user-function at all; only system specific tasks are in there.

Edited by SatKiekerd, 10 February 2012 - 21:34.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users