vduo -> 7020 hd

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ds78

• 37 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 February 2012 - 21:53

Hello,

We now have a brand Vduo tuner and considering a change to the DreamBox 7020 HD, and ... Here's my question - if the software is different between the two tuners? There are other plugins? whether it makes sense for such a change?

... only OpenPli :)

Edited by ds78, 7 February 2012 - 21:54.

Re: vduo -> 7020 hd #2 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,042 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 8 February 2012 - 08:15

Same software, same plugins. Only difference is the display, which has always been fairly useless. If you like displays, buy the Ultimo which has a 2x bigger display...

The VU and ET boxes run recent Linux kernels, the DMM boxes are stuck with the old 2.6.18 kernel.

From a pure software point of view, buying the 7020HD would be a step backwards.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: vduo -> 7020 hd #3 Taykun345

• 1,296 posts

+41
Good

Posted 8 February 2012 - 09:30

ds78, better change to ULTIMO...
Army MoodBlue HD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...-MoodBlueHD-mod
Matrix10 MH-HD2 skin modification by me: https://github.com/B...-MX-HD2-OpenPli
MetrixHD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...xHD-WPstyle-mod
Slovenian translation for OpenPLi E2: https://github.com/T...ion-for-OpenPLi

Re: vduo -> 7020 hd #4 ds78

• 37 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 February 2012 - 09:43

From a pure software point of view, buying the 7020HD would be a step backwards.

and here took me by surprise .... always seemed to me that "investment" in the Dreambox "provides a" software development, which is why I chose the 7020HD. Recently I read that the soon to appear next new model VU + ... and the question is whether or not they will often go out for new models?

Re: vduo -> 7020 hd #5 dimfil

• 27 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 8 February 2012 - 10:53

From my point of view, a satellite receiver isn't something that is needed to be always a "state of the art".
Buy a good receiver today, and it will continue to do it's job well for a long time...

Dreambox receivers are way too expensive for what they offer.
On the other hand, Vu+ receivers have a very food quality of production and very good support too as long as software is concerned...

Hardware and software, at this moment, Ultimo beats 7020hd "hands down"...
If you plan to spend that money on 7020hd, choose Ultimo instead. You will not regret it. It will take a long time for you to bother about the next model of Vu+...

Re: vduo -> 7020 hd #6 Hump

• 88 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 8 February 2012 - 11:06

Wait until the et9500 has been launched! ;)

Re: vduo -> 7020 hd #7 mbo

• 169 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 February 2012 - 11:28

The VU and ET boxes run recent Linux kernels, the DMM boxes are stuck with the old 2.6.18 kernel.

does it mean that DMM is not planning to go to the newer kernelin the future?

Re: vduo -> 7020 hd #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,312 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 8 February 2012 - 12:42

DMM has stopped with open source support, so nothing that they will develop (if any) will find it's way into OpenPLi.
As long as the drivers they make will work in an open source image, the image will support the DMM products.

There hasn't been any real innovation from DMM for years, in contrast to the continuous efforts of VU and CT/ET. The 7020HD is too little, too late, and overpriced.

Imho DMM is dead, but they haven't realised it yet...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: vduo -> 7020 hd #9 ds78

• 37 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 February 2012 - 15:48

Had DM was so sure, "his"? I think each of us buys the equipment, which is the "development". I wonder, however, the silence in the DM. Of course it counts price.

Re: vduo -> 7020 hd #10 mbo

• 169 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 February 2012 - 19:50

so it is not certain what the future will bring, and if the drivers will not work with open source, it will be suicide for them. Who would buy this pricy box otherways what it is now?
damn... I bought dm8000 only few weeks ago :(
Thanks for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users