Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #21 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,508 posts

+1,734
Excellent

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:32

Looking on one of my boxes, I have:

root@et9x00:/# ls -l /usr/share/sat*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            26 Jan 24 20:30 /usr/share/satellites.xml -> /etc/tuxbox/satellites.xml
root@et9x00:/# ls -l /usr/share/tuxbox/sat*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            26 Jan 24 20:30 /usr/share/tuxbox/satellites.xml -> /etc/tuxbox/satellites.xml
root@et9x00:/# ls -l /etc/sat*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            26 Jan 24 20:30 /etc/satellites.xml -> /etc/tuxbox/satellites.xml
root@et9x00:/# ls -l /etc/enigma2/sat*
-rw-------    1 root     root        714036 Jan  1  2000 /etc/enigma2/satellites.xml
root@et9x00:/# ls -l /etc/tuxbox/sat*
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        506397 Jan 23 03:09 /etc/tuxbox/satellites.xml

which suggests based on the timestamp the /etc/tuxbox file is indeed the one supplied with the image.

This strikes me as an odd way of implementing it, it doesn't sound very logical, the other way around is a lot more logical...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #22 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:47

IMHO the 'fall back on system-maintained default' as implemented by PLi is a very good system. And since this works well, I never use any custom-file (so I set my editor to locate the satelites.xml in /temp, as it must go somewhere).

The only problem is that people should know how it works. And for that reason this has popped up several times on the forum.

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #23 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,508 posts

+1,734
Excellent

Posted 25 January 2014 - 14:05

I don't think that is under debate. I just think it needs to work the other way around.

A default (and automatically updated) version in the image, which is used when /etc/tuxbox does not exist. Then people don't need to know anything (as it works the same as in all other images), you don't have the problem of scanning using an antique file if you happen to have one in /etc/enigma2 (as I discovered this morning), and no lamedb <-> sattelite.xml <-> settings files conflicts because all tools upload bouquets, lamedb and satellites.xml, so your box will always use the complete and correct set. And not like it is now, where the xml file that is used to create the settings is not used for scanning, because the file in /etc/enigma2 overrides it.

Oh, en when you do use external tools, an update will overwrite the xml placed by those tools. So if you pull the settings to copy them to other boxes (as I do regularly), I have a lamedb and bouquets that don't match with the xml...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #24 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 25 January 2014 - 18:59

You confuse me. I can't believe an experienced PLi-user like yourself not to know how this has been implemented in PLi for quite some time. Especially as there have been several topics explaining this.

Anyway: if by 'the other way around' you mean that a system-file should go to etc/enigma2 I', I'm even more puzzled. And whatever way you chose: if old files are laying around, problems are a logical effect of that; that would be independent of the actual system.

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #25 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,508 posts

+1,734
Excellent

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:28

Can't follow everything. contrary to popular belief, I have a life too... :rolleyes:  I can remember the discussions about this, but that was years ago, and I couldn't remember all details.

What I mean with "the other way around", is that normally when you provide "defaults", they are in a special location (like /usr/local/defaults for example). If the standard location of the xml is /etc/tuxbox, you make it so that if that file does not exist, use the default file. This way an update of the box will only update the default file, it will not overwrite your own custom file.

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #26 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:04

Anyway: if this is going to be changed, please make sure it is widely announced. Every PLi-user (OK, apart from you LOL) is used to the present way.

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #27 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,508 posts

+1,734
Excellent

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:05

Nothing is going to change. I'm just trying to make sense of the mess I have on all my boxes regarding the satellite.xml file. The current state can't simply be explained by "how it should work".

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #28 delavega

• 377 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 11 April 2014 - 15:41

how can i delete satellites i dont want? i tried from the satellites interface but it doesnt do nothing

i tried by editing the satellites.xml file on etc/enigma2 but they are still there on the menu even tho they are not on the satellites.xml

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"><strong>Vu+ DUO 2</strong></span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"><strong>Vu+ SOLO</strong></span></span>

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #29 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 13 April 2014 - 21:44

Use the following app: http://www.dreamset-...r.com/index.php

Open a list and go to > Edit settings tab > next to a blueish plus you have a red cross, so to speak, which is delete satellite, then > choose all you do not need > delete...

It works well... ;)

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #30 ColinB

• 743 posts

+28
Good

Posted 18 April 2014 - 15:14

On startup the system looks in etc/enigma2 is a satellites.xml exists. If so: that's the one to be used (and that's a user-file: it will never be overwritten by the system(update)).
If it does not exist, the satellites.xml in etc/tuxbox will be used. That is a syste-file: during an online update it will be replaced by the new file supplied by PLi (who updates the file approx once a week).

The advantage is that
1- if a user never does anything with the satellites.xml, the file will be kept up-to-date by the image itself;
2- if a user wants to make his own changes, he can do so without being hampered by the system-files being updated.
3- if a user corrupts his file, it's easy to revert to an existing up-to-date file.

@SatKiekerd Thanks for an excellent explanation.

Using the default setting on DBEdit, I only have 1 satellites.xml located @ etc/tuxbox.

I have a question.

What "range/region/zone" of satellites does the "Image provided/updated satellite.xml" in etc/tuxbox, cover ?

ie from UK is it 45w to 45e. or by Zone. Europe, Asia or Americas ?

Xtrend et8000 7.1-Release

2 x 8/1 DiSEqC  30w 13e 19e 23e 28e   

Astrometa USB Tuner Working DVB-T2 now on Kernel 4.10+  ;)

WD10EARX 1TB

Sandisk 32GB USB for AFB, EPG, Picons & Timeshift

ZGemma Star S 7.0-Release

4/1 DiSEqC  30w 13e 19e 28e

Sandisk 8GB USB for AFB, EPG, Picons & Timeshift

LG 49UH610V UHD-HDR

UHF/Cable/Sat

E-Channelizer

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #31 ColinB

• 743 posts

+28
Good

Posted 19 April 2014 - 00:52

Hi all,

could someone tell me why if the satellites.xml located in etc/tuxbox and maintained by the "image" as mentioned in previous posts is so much smaller than the "Global satellites.xml" that I down-loaded from http://satellites-xml.eu/

Attached Files

WD10EARX 1TB

LG 49UH610V UHD-HDR

UHF/Cable/Sat

E-Channelizer

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #32 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:19

And if you compare it with one made from http://satellites-xml.org/ (making the correct settings)?

But the answer is probably that only active transponders are in the system-file.

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #33 ColinB

• 743 posts

+28
Good

Posted 19 April 2014 - 18:41

:)   Thanks, sounds completely logical.

No need to mess around with satellites.xml files or its location, unless your doing something out of the ordinary.

exp feedhunting ?

:D

WD10EARX 1TB

LG 49UH610V UHD-HDR

UHF/Cable/Sat

E-Channelizer

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #34 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,985 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 16 May 2016 - 18:54

TS-Satellites Editor - version 2.1

-Create user '/etc/enigma2/satellites.xml'  '/etc/enigma2/terrestrial.xml' '/etc/enigma2/cables.xml' load from oe-alliance

-Create user '/etc/enigma2/satellites.xml' (use default)

-Open plugin --> key menu --> if /tmp/blindscan_XX.xml

and etc options...

P.S.Please add your own translations

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #35 mfaraj57

• 1,605 posts

+286
Excellent

Posted 17 May 2016 - 14:22

Thanks for updating this important plugin
Tested with xtrend 7500 openatv
installed by opkg update && opkg install /tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-ts-sateditor_2.1_all.ipk

appear under /menu/setup/channel searching meneu

working without problems

Aljazeera_HD_1752016_1555.jpg

Aljazeera_HD_1752016_1512.jpg

Aljazeera_HD_1752016_1534.jpg

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #36 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,985 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 17 May 2016 - 16:40

mfaraj57

Thank you very much.

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #37 el bandido

• 363 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 17 May 2016 - 21:24

Thanks for the updates to this plugin!!!
I have been looking for an easy way to add the found blindscan transponders to the satellites.xml file.

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #38 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,985 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 18 May 2016 - 17:48

version 2.2

fix NumericalTextInput(u"0,?!&@=*'+\()$~% 1.:;/-_#abc2ABCdef3DEFghi4GHIjkl5JKLmno6MNOpqrs7PQRStuv8TUVwxyz9WXYZ")

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #39 stephan94

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 March 2017 - 17:20

Hello

Thank you for this program

With version 2. 2 I have a problem. (It is the only version that installs without problem on the Octagon SF4008 4K)

It is impossible to put the frequencies in order.

If I create a new frequency it remains at the end of the list, even indicating that the order should be done according to the frequency.

If possible to improve this problem thanks in advance.

Stephan94

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #40 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,985 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 12 March 2017 - 20:50

version 2.3

-fix transponders sort function

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users