Springen naar inhoud

Foto

Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players.

TS h264 AC3 Enigma2 Oppo

• Please log in to reply
Er zijn 39 reacties in dit onderwerp

#1 Jeroensky

• 2177 berichten

+12
Neutral

Geplaatst op 10 februari 2012 - 12:37

Hello all.
I start this topic, in the hope that their can be a answer about a weird thing I experience when i try to play a High Defenition recording recorded with my DM8000, on anotgher player like the Oppo BDP93eu (BluRay/DVD/DVD-A/SACD/CD/Media player).

The manual of the Oppo writes that it supports *.TS and h264 and DolbyDigital.
But when i try to play it over dlna, or usb-thumbdrive or DVD-R, then the player hangs with a spinner at 10% buffering.

The feedback that i get from Oppo is:

You should be able to play your .ts files if they are within the specification. However a lot are not close enough to be playable. There are ways to repair them and bring them into correct transport stream spec. VideoReDo has a "quick stream fix" function that renders virtually any .ts file playable. http://www.videoredo.com/en/index.htm

So my question is, is their a way in Enigma2 to change the recording type, so that it doesn't have to be repaired, and so it's playable. I suppose it's not only the Oppo BDP who has this issue.

Would be awesome if this issue can be solved. I use this link as testfile for Oppo BDP93(specs).
The HD recording file was from a Dolby Digital sound interruption topic. They're going to look why it hangs/not play.

Veranderd door J3r03n5ky, 10 februari 2012 - 12:38

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #2 Jeroensky

• 2177 berichten

+12
Neutral

Geplaatst op 10 februari 2012 - 12:43

I just get this reply:

Dear Jeroen

It is a strange file format it is not really a .ts file it is AVC, we'll
look into it.

Best Regards
Bjorn
OPPO European Support Engineer

Veranderd door J3r03n5ky, 10 februari 2012 - 12:43

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #3 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32766 berichten

+245
Excellent

Geplaatst op 10 februari 2012 - 12:55

is their a way in Enigma2 to change the recording type

no, what is recorded is a 1 on 1 dump of the dvb ts, as it comes out of the tuner.
There is no cpu power to convert this in realtime.

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #4 Jeroensky

• 2177 berichten

+12
Neutral

Geplaatst op 10 februari 2012 - 13:13

They (Oppo) are busy with it :rolleyes:
More feedback of Oppo:

Hello Jeroen
We are analysing the file now. It is not quite a standard .ts file since the codec is AVC rather than MPEG2.

We should hear back for our engineers in 24-48 hours time.

Frequently files that won't play turn out to damaged or just enough our of spec that we can't play them. Must remember the player does not have the processing power of a PC, or the codec support of a PC, so some files that play with VCL player or similar may not play on the players. I noticed the files reframe rate is on the limit for the player, this might turn out to be the cause.

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #5 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46960 berichten

+541
Excellent

Geplaatst op 10 februari 2012 - 13:56

They (Oppo) are busy with it :rolleyes:
More feedback of Oppo:

Hello Jeroen
We are analysing the file now. It is not quite a standard .ts file since the codec is AVC rather than MPEG2.

ROFL!!!

I guess you can write them off here and now...

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #6 Jeroensky

• 2177 berichten

+12
Neutral

Geplaatst op 11 februari 2012 - 14:27

ROFL!!!

I guess you can write them off here and now...

Maybe the person forgot that the *.ts is used on a enigma2 device as SD and HD recording.(I asked Oppo about the HD that won't play, because SD is playing good)
Standard definition/SD = *.ts with mpeg2
High definition/HD = *.ts with AVC (h.264 + AC3)

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #7 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46960 berichten

+541
Excellent

Geplaatst op 11 februari 2012 - 18:07

It has completely nothing to do with that.

An mpeg transport stream can hold all sorts of video and audio codecs for both sd and hd.

If you sell your product as being able to play "mpeg transport streams" it should at least be able to play the most common codecs, like mpeg2 and avc. If it can't they're at least cheating, but then blaming the stb/enigma is... I don't have words for it!

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #8 Jeroensky

• 2177 berichten

+12
Neutral

Geplaatst op 11 februari 2012 - 20:55

They don't blame stb/enigma. They're just finding out why it doesn't play.
(but it's weekend now so i guess we'll hear more next week).
Maybe the reframe rate is too high for the Oppo BDP. But we'll see.

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #9 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46960 berichten

+541
Excellent

Geplaatst op 11 februari 2012 - 21:02

Maybe the reframe rate is too high for the Oppo BDP. But we'll see.

????

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #10 Gennar1

• 296 berichten

+31
Good

Geplaatst op 12 februari 2012 - 01:20

It has completely nothing to do with that.

An mpeg transport stream can hold all sorts of video and audio codecs for both sd and hd.

If you sell your product as being able to play "mpeg transport streams" it should at least be able to play the most common codecs, like mpeg2 and avc. If it can't they're at least cheating, but then blaming the stb/enigma is... I don't have words for it!

The Oppo guy was probably saying that they support the DLNA specifications, not the DVB specifications. In DLNA the only mandatory video codec for TS is MPEG2, AVC is optional as almost every other codec, so it can be considered "non standard". The reason behind it is that in DLNA you want a simple common profile that can be supported by all kind of devices. That said, I don't see any good reason why the file should not be playable: probably it is just a mis-detection of the file format.

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #11 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46960 berichten

+541
Excellent

Geplaatst op 12 februari 2012 - 09:59

And that is exactly why I recommend not using DLNA when also other means are available. Some people hear the magic word "DLNA" and want it on their enigma stb, but if fact you don't want it!

Anyway, it doesn't count for them when they mention DVB when they mean DLNA...

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #12 Jeroensky

• 2177 berichten

+12
Neutral

Geplaatst op 12 februari 2012 - 20:51

Feedback from customerservice (Oppo engineers will look at it from monday)

Hello Jeroen
Some information you have is incorrect. Originally all .ts files were MPEG2 and frequently HD as with many US satellite broadcasts. You will find detailed information about transport stream files here: http://en.wikipedia....ransport_stream

I personally have about 3TB of HD .ts files on hard drives, all are MPEG.

It is quite possible the player assumes that a .ts file will be "conventional", in other words MPEG2, so gets in a muddle with H264 in a .ts file. The engineers will tell us once they have tested the sample file.

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #13 Jeroensky

• 2177 berichten

+12
Neutral

Geplaatst op 13 februari 2012 - 11:26

Strange. I get this feedback now from Oppo:

Your file is either damaged or far enough out of specification that the player cannot deal with it properly.

The test file was this audio-issue.ts file.
Oppo repair the file, becausethey say it was damaged, and offer this repaired audio-issue (02).ts file.
What is the difference between these two files?

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #14 Jeroensky

• 2177 berichten

+12
Neutral

Geplaatst op 13 februari 2012 - 11:32

The file repaired file has this specs:
File Size: 9950840 ( 0.01 GB )
Program Duration: 00:00:00.00
File Type: TS Stream
Encoding: H.264
Video stream Id: 521 (x209)
Encoding Dimensions: 1920 x 1080
Display Size: 1920 x 1080
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Frame Rate: 25.00 FPS
Bit Rate: 20.000 Mbps
VBV_Buffer: 380 KB
Profile: High/4.0
Progressive: Interlaced
Chroma: 4:2:0
Audio Format: 5.1
Audio Stream Id: AC3: 111 (x6f)
Audio Bit Rate: 384 Kbps
Audio Sampling Rate: 48000 Hz
TS Mux Rate (bps): 4568602

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #15 Trial

• 1127 berichten

+34
Good

Geplaatst op 13 februari 2012 - 11:44

Hi,
are teletext, subtitle and other information still in the repaired file? Most player I know cannot handle these special frames in DVB TS stream. My Dune can:-)

ciao

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #16 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46960 berichten

+541
Excellent

Geplaatst op 13 februari 2012 - 15:19

Some information you have is incorrect. Originally all .ts files were MPEG2 and frequently HD as with many US satellite broadcasts. You will find detailed information about transport stream files here: http://en.wikipedia....ransport_stream

I personally have about 3TB of HD .ts files on hard drives, all are MPEG.

It is quite possible the player assumes that a .ts file will be "conventional", in other words MPEG2, so gets in a muddle with H264 in a .ts file. The engineers will tell us once they have tested the sample file.

What an utter B*S*, there are no words for it.

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #17 Jeroensky

• 2177 berichten

+12
Neutral

Geplaatst op 13 februari 2012 - 18:42

Hi,
are teletext, subtitle and other information still in the repaired file? Most player I know cannot handle these special frames in DVB TS stream. My Dune can:-)

ciao

This is the reply oftoday, and i guess issue solved:

Hello Jeroen
The repaired file has some dead frames removed and it is re-synced. The main errors are highlighted in bold below.

2012-02-13 09:43:10 H.264, removed 36 frames due to missing pic_order_cnt_lsb 32761, near original timecode: 00:01:00.00, location 0.007 MBytes
2012-02-13 09:43:10 H.264, >>> Sync adjusted at 00:00:00.09 (source time: 00:01:01.15), 45 audio frames removed from stream 0 at offset: 971205.
So it can play the HD recording, but not if the recording has missing parts.

For me it's still weird. But I understand that if a sourcefile (Enigma2 HD recording) has some missing parts, and needs to have someediting in removing video & audio frames, then i understand it will not play.
Is their a way in Enigma2 that it can check recording (not in realtime, but as backgroundproces) to correct missing video/audio frames ? (maybe with projectx components?)

Veranderd door J3r03n5ky, 13 februari 2012 - 18:44

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #18 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46960 berichten

+541
Excellent

Geplaatst op 13 februari 2012 - 18:50

For DVB recordings it's perfectly normal to have a few missing frames now and then.

But actually I think their h264 decoder is daft, I've seen these messages more often, but it definitely is not a sign of a broken file. The fact that you can play it on any broadcom chipset (yes! hardware decoder!) says a lot.

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #19 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32766 berichten

+245
Excellent

Geplaatst op 13 februari 2012 - 19:09

remember you made the recording to investigate the AC3 audio being dropped for a few seconds.
That might explain the audio pts discontinuities.

Re: Compatibility of *.TS HD recording towards other (external) players. #20 Jeroensky

• 2177 berichten

+12
Neutral

Geplaatst op 13 februari 2012 - 19:29

remember you made the recording to investigate the AC3 audio being dropped for a few seconds.
That might explain the audio pts discontinuities.

I try almost all HD recordings here.(but the enigma2 recording data is too big to send over www /and illegal).
DM8000 -> Twonkeyserver6 -> OppoBDP93eu.
It plays SD perfect, but any HD hangs at 10% buffering.

So for me it'd be nice if enigma2 had a plugin so that it can chack the recordings in the background for resolving missing audio or video frames and re-sync.

Veranderd door J3r03n5ky, 13 februari 2012 - 19:29

1 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 1 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers