Photo

Is the AVerTV TwinStar A825 DVB-T USB TWIN-Tuner supported by the newest OpenPLi?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 teleradio

• 123 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 February 2012 - 18:46

Hello!

I'd like to know if there is somebody which has already tested the AVerTV TwinStar A825 DVB-T USB TWIN-Tuner with the newest OpenPLi release. Is this USB DVB-T Twin- Tuner supported by OpenPLi?

If it is supported, will there realy integrated two indipendent DVB-T tuners?

I'd appreciate if someone could confirm me that the AVerTV TwinStar A825 is fully supported by OpenPLi and which drivers I will have to install for it from the plugins panel.

Thank you for any info in advance!

greeting
teleradio

Edited by teleradio, 13 February 2012 - 18:46.

Re: Is the AVerTV TwinStar A825 DVB-T USB TWIN-Tuner supported by the newest OpenPLi? #2 Gennar1

• 296 posts

+31
Good

Posted 13 February 2012 - 20:06

I have not tried the A825, but I tried another dual-tuner stick with the same chipset (af9015) and it worked fine, with both tuners.
My stick was a chinese cheap model, so the quality of reception was disappointing, but at least the driver worked without problems.

Sorry, I checked it on google and the 825 is based on the af9035 chipset. So it is not supported at the moment (or at least, without information about the tuner used in that device there is no way to tell if it's supported).

Edited by Gennar1, 13 February 2012 - 20:09.

Re: Is the AVerTV TwinStar A825 DVB-T USB TWIN-Tuner supported by the newest OpenPLi? #3 teleradio

• 123 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 February 2012 - 00:44

Hello!

thank you for your prompt reply!

Perhaps there is a driver for the Terratec T5 Twin DVB-T USB 2.0 Tuner? http://ftp.terratec....icalData_DE.pdf

For your infos thank you in advance!

greeting
teleradio

Re: Is the AVerTV TwinStar A825 DVB-T USB TWIN-Tuner supported by the newest OpenPLi? #4 stick50jr

• 95 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:34

I'd like to know if there is somebody which has already tested the AVerTV TwinStar A825 DVB-T USB TWIN-Tuner with the newest OpenPLi release. Is this USB DVB-T Twin- Tuner supported by OpenPLi?

Sorry, I checked it on google and the 825 is based on the af9035 chipset. So it is not supported at the moment (or at least, without information about the tuner used in that device there is no way to tell if it's supported).

The af9035 drivers are included in the ViX 2.3 build 204 image which is based on OpenPLi and gives credit to Gennar1 for dtt improvements! I'm currently running the TwinStar A825 device under ViX on a Vuduo and it shows as tuners C & D with both snr and signal strength. However, the dtt tends to run out of memory after a while and then requires a reboot. The memory problems have been more noticeable on the Vu and some say that the embedded closed drivers on this machine (vtuner?) may be the remaining problem. I am unable to comment on this theory. Maybe it is more stable on other brand machines.

I haven't tried to install these drivers under OpenPLi just yet.... Under ViX the drivers have to be installed by using opkg from telnet (ie there is no plugin download but the drivers are there in the feed). Perhaps this is also possible under OpenPLi...?

Edited by stick50jr, 14 February 2012 - 01:38.

Re: Is the AVerTV TwinStar A825 DVB-T USB TWIN-Tuner supported by the newest OpenPLi? #5 Gennar1

• 296 posts

+31
Good

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:56

Uh, you are right, the USB id of the A825 is in the current af9035 driver, so it is already supported.
Since it works well with both tuner, it probably uses two mxl5007 or two tua9001 tuners.

The memory problem is not present on the ET9xx00 boxes (at least on dvb-usb drivers), but I read of many VU+ users with this problem so it must be due to their new drivers. Probably in the Vtuner they allocate and free some big coherent memory buffer at runtime, which is prone to fail sooner or later on MIPS hardware due to memory fragmentation. A similar issue is plaguing the em28xx driver on the ET9000 (and I have a fix under test in this moment).

Edited by Gennar1, 14 February 2012 - 02:57.

Re: Is the AVerTV TwinStar A825 DVB-T USB TWIN-Tuner supported by the newest OpenPLi? #6 stick50jr

• 95 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:18

@Gennar1,
Thanks for putting us in the picture, your comments are really appreciated.
cheers

Re: Is the AVerTV TwinStar A825 DVB-T USB TWIN-Tuner supported by the newest OpenPLi? #7 teleradio

• 123 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 February 2012 - 15:44

Uh, you are right, the USB id of the A825 is in the current af9035 driver, so it is already supported.
Since it works well with both tuner, it probably uses two mxl5007 or two tua9001 tuners.

The memory problem is not present on the ET9xx00 boxes (at least on dvb-usb drivers), but I read of many VU+ users with this problem so it must be due to their new drivers. Probably in the Vtuner they allocate and free some big coherent memory buffer at runtime, which is prone to fail sooner or later on MIPS hardware due to memory fragmentation. A similar issue is plaguing the em28xx driver on the ET9000 (and I have a fix under test in this moment).

Hello stick50jr!

Thank you for your reply. Since I'm rather inexperienced with Linux Installations to be made by hand, a "how to" - instruction would be very appreciate. How will I have to procede (step by step please) and where can I find the right feed? I hope you will give me a little help.

For your kindness and help. I'd thank you in advance!

greeting

Re: Is the AVerTV TwinStar A825 DVB-T USB TWIN-Tuner supported by the newest OpenPLi? #8 Gennar1

• 296 posts

+31
Good

Posted 14 February 2012 - 16:16

I just checked and there is no metapackage yet for the af9035 driver.
So you have to telnet into the box and run:

opkg install kernel-module-dvb-usb-af9035

to get the driver and then:

cd /lib/firmware/
wget http://xgazza.altervista.org/Linux/DVB/dvb-usb-af9035-01.fw

to get the firmware. Reboot and you are ready to go.

Re: Is the AVerTV TwinStar A825 DVB-T USB TWIN-Tuner supported by the newest OpenPLi? #9 stick50jr

• 95 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 14 February 2012 - 23:52

Since I'm rather inexperienced with Linux Installations to be made by hand, a "how to" - instruction would be very appreciate. How will I have to procede (step by step please) and where can I find the right feed? I hope you will give me a little help.

Well you're in luck, Gennar1 has provided the steps precisely :D

Edited by stick50jr, 14 February 2012 - 23:54.

Re: Is the AVerTV TwinStar A825 DVB-T USB TWIN-Tuner supported by the newest OpenPLi? #10 teleradio

• 123 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 February 2012 - 00:47

I just checked and there is no metapackage yet for the af9035 driver.
So you have to telnet into the box and run:

opkg install kernel-module-dvb-usb-af9035

to get the driver and then:

cd /lib/firmware/
wget http://xgazza.altervista.org/Linux/DVB/dvb-usb-af9035-01.fw

to get the firmware. Reboot and you are ready to go.

Hello Gennar1!

Thank you very much for your step by step instruction! Despite my inexperience with it I will hopefully succeed with the driver installation. I will report as soon I have got my AVerTV TwinStar A825 DVB-T USB TWIN-Tuner.

greeting
teleradio

Re: Is the AVerTV TwinStar A825 DVB-T USB TWIN-Tuner supported by the newest OpenPLi? #11 jbnl

• 282 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 3 March 2012 - 13:15

And teleradio ? Any news about it ?

Re: Is the AVerTV TwinStar A825 DVB-T USB TWIN-Tuner supported by the newest OpenPLi? #12 guirigui

• 297 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 December 2012 - 14:42

Hi,

Tested the solution with Avermedia A867(AF 9035) on ET6000/PLI3

Obviousy the A867 package is not enough and firmware installation is needed for 100% working...
ET6000 mounted in triple tuners with DVB-S2 Anysee E7 S2 + DVB-T Twintech UT30

Re: Is the AVerTV TwinStar A825 DVB-T USB TWIN-Tuner supported by the newest OpenPLi? #13 guirigui

• 297 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 December 2012 - 15:04

After testing SAT recording in the background while watching DVB-T chanel...that won't work...;
Possibly CPU 100%...;

Surprisingly enough, I had the same issue under Windows..Two DVB-S+DVB-T(AF9035) tuners neither worked together...
ET6000 mounted in triple tuners with DVB-S2 Anysee E7 S2 + DVB-T Twintech UT30

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users