How to see the details of updates applied

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 harsh1311

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 February 2012 - 16:35

Hi,

I have ET9x00 which i got last week. When i go to software update section, i see around 80 updates available. Is it a way to see which all plugins / extensions / kernel are part of the update before actually installing them? Just need to make sure nothing gets broken after the updates and if it does, which ones to remove.

regards,
HA

Re: How to see the details of updates applied #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2012 - 16:39

If there is a known issue with the nightly builds, the box will warn you about it and will ask for a confirmation if you still want to update.

We will activate this mechanism as soon as issues are reported, so if you don't want to update to a non-working situation, don't do it early in the morning (GMT), and check here first.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: How to see the details of updates applied #3 harsh1311

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 February 2012 - 16:43

If there is a known issue with the nightly builds, the box will warn you about it and will ask for a confirmation if you still want to update.

We will activate this mechanism as soon as issues are reported, so if you don't want to update to a non-working situation, don't do it early in the morning (GMT), and check here first.

Sure.. Thanks!.. I will follow that.

Just to confirm, there is no way yet to see the details of those 80 updates on the box itself?

Re: How to see the details of updates applied #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2012 - 16:45

Not all of them.

In general, the changes are visible in the commit messages (you can subscribe to the mailing list here: http://sourceforge.n...group_id=267704) or via twitter (@OpenPLi).
But sometimes a package is recompiled because of a dependency, without having any functional changes.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: How to see the details of updates applied #5 greatred

• 268 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 22 February 2012 - 17:06

After an update has been processed, you can track down the result by calling the content of the /home/root/ipkgupgrade.log file.

Re: How to see the details of updates applied #6 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2012 - 17:25

After an update has been processed, you can track down the result by calling the content of the /home/root/ipkgupgrade.log file.

Isn't it that this file is only there if an unattended upgrade is chosen?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users