Photo

updated my open pli image inside the system menu and it is stuck on "starting" after reboot.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PakStop

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:08

I was browsing the open pli menu, and from system update, I went for the update, I could see a bunch of files and stuff being downloaded on the screen.

Once all done, it asked me to reboot.

After that it is stuck on "starting".

Now the problem is, I do not have a USB image on me rightnow. I will first get it 2mrow.

But does that mean this is a serious problem?

I have a jailbroken iphone, I tried to install "USB Drive" app on it, that makes iphone work like a USB, and tried to flash the box, I do not think it really worked, but it asked me to reboot and same problem.

Is it something I have to worry about? What if I try a real USB and try to flash 2mrow and same problem?

I am really worried. Help please.

Is this a common problem ppl have had when updating the image inside the open pli menu.

Re: updated my open pli image inside the system menu and it is stuck on "starting" after reboot. #2 nemdani

• 66 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:33

Which box?
Which bootloader?
Which OpenPLi version?

If you can get telnet access, do:
init 4 && sleep 4 && enigma2
and log that output.
ET6x00

Re: updated my open pli image inside the system menu and it is stuck on "starting" after reboot. #3 PakStop

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:39

Thanks for a swift reply.

I am using VU DUO +

I downloaded the image of open pli for duo like 2 months or 1 month back.

then tonight when I was browsing the open pli image, I think I went to system menu and the update image , I did the whole process and it was downloading enigma2 stuff and kernals and god knows what, after that I rebooted and it is stuck on ||| >>> starting

Re: updated my open pli image inside the system menu and it is stuck on "starting" after reboot. #4 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:44

Probably you had an old version kernel from before January 1st.
You'll have to update the bootloader first before you can flash a new image.
See THIS POST
How to update the bootloader can be read here

Re: updated my open pli image inside the system menu and it is stuck on "starting" after reboot. #5 PakStop

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 February 2012 - 17:48

Thanks it worked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users