←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

File mode fault?

dj's Photo dj 7 Jan 2007

When I am trying to see recorded movies (*.ts) the screen comes off until reboot via telnet. hdd mounted via SMBFS.

Other file formats (such as *.mp3 or *.mpg) plays well in file mode - the problem only with *.ts files.

This problem exists only in newest images - PLi Garnet and Gemini 3.30 too :( May be Enigma bug?

In PLi Flubber file mode works fine with *.ts.

Can anybody help me?

mirakels's Photo mirakels 7 Jan 2007

play around woth rsize= and wsize= mount options. e.g. rsize=8192,wsize=8192. (or 16384 or so)

dAF2000's Photo dAF2000 7 Jan 2007

I've heard similair problems with playing mpeg2 files. And as far we know it's both in PLi Garnet as Gemini 3.30. So, most likely it's a bug in Enigma introduced between these two releases.

It looks like too much memory is asked from the Dreambox which fails and crashes. If you want to try, you could try a swap file although this is not really a solution.

dAF2000's Photo dAF2000 7 Jan 2007

And Mirakels answer is also good to try. The exact cause is still not really known.

dj's Photo dj 8 Jan 2007

Thank you.

But my experiments with mount options are not successful :(

I am waiting for Enigma bug correction...

jonc's Photo jonc 4 Feb 2007

I went about it a different way on the Dm500 and changed the MTU down to 496 from 1500 with a small script (/var/etc/init) and all my movies, images, mp3's work a cracker now.