←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

problem with playing .mp4

's foto halflife 4 mrt 2012

after 5-10min, movie just start frezzing, and picture become mosaic, and can't use ff or rewind. is it problem with to old codec in image or something else? it's not a problem to convert file to mkv, but it takes long time. media coder x64 encode 1:1, for movie over 2hrs it's realy long ( 2x3GHz 4GB ram )
Citeren

's foto Erik Slagter 4 mrt 2012

Bogus encoding... no problem with playing, the file is corrupt.
Citeren

's foto halflife 4 mrt 2012

File is not corrupt because it play normaly on my pc or samsung ue32d6120 with
internal player. I was try 2 different files. 1280x720p 24hz
Citeren

's foto Erik Slagter 4 mrt 2012

Doesn't say anything. A stb has a hardware decoder that needs to be very strict, much stricter than the software codec of a PC can be.

Your best option is to recode the file. If it takes long, turn some expensive ecoding options off.

It has nothing to do with "mp4" anyway.
Citeren

's foto halflife 6 mrt 2012

just installed sifteam image for et9000, and must say that same files .mp4 plays smoothly! so there must be some problem in pli image
Citeren

's foto Kers 6 mrt 2012

I have a Vu+ Duo with a latest OpenPli 2.1 build and I cant help having the impression that the Media Player has become more picky about the content it plays recently. There is a lot more jerkyness, artifacts and freezes in xvid and h.264 videos than couple of months back.

My receiver also becomes a lot slower after playing few Xvid/h.264 videos. I can also see that the enigma2 process grows a lot in memory footprint with this type of playback. A quick test resulted in the process growing from 143MB to 197MB. Playing DVD .iso images only works right after reboot and only for one image, the second one will not play correctly.
Citeren

's foto Erik Slagter 6 mrt 2012

The mp4 files carrying h264 video, encoded by myself using libx264 and which are guaranteed by me to be correct, still play flawlessly!

I guess in the problematic files there is a large skew between audio and video, which makes buffering tricky. A solution for that is to extract the audio and video elementary streams and multiplex them into mp4 again. This will very probably result in audio and video to be out of sync, so you'll need to cut a bit of the audio or the video stream to match up. This is the preferred way to match up audio and video. Simply changing the timestamps, which probably has been done on your recordings, give the problems you describe.
Citeren

's foto Erik Slagter 6 mrt 2012

Oh and BTW, there are know BIG issues with the drivers of the VU+ boxes! Resulting in jerky playback and crashes!
Citeren