Russian EPG DM600 OpenPli Rytec

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jelleeelco

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 March 2012 - 16:19

Hi all,

I recently moved over to OpenPli for my DM600 and I'm trying to get the plugin working for Russian channels. I installed Rytecs plugin, installed XMLTV downloader, but I am struggling to find the Russian channels.

I think I have to select under Sources something else then what's available there, but I don't understand how I can add something to that dropdown. I thought I got it when I read the tread about rytec.sources.xml (since in the change log it says that Russian EPG is added) and putting it into /etc/epgimport....but I don't have this directory!

So in short, I have three questions:
1. Does the "Sources" under the EPG plugin determine what XML I download?
2. How can I get there the XML for Russian EPG?
3. On a DM600 with the latest OpenPli image (I guess Enigma1), should the folder etc/epgimport be there? If not, were can I put the rytec.sources.xml?

I would really appreciate if someone can shed some light!

Many thanks,
Jelle

Re: Selecting Russian EPG #2 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,008 posts

+638
Excellent

Posted 14 March 2012 - 16:37

The epgimporter does not work under enigma1 - OpenPli for a DM600pvr is enigma1.
Our importer is for enigma2.

There is an importer for the enigma1, but the russian source is utf-8, and the enigma1 importer does not understand utf-8. So this does not work.

The file could be translated to iso-8859-5 ISO Cyrillic, but this cannot be done in DM600pvr. (Unless you can find the program iconv compiled for the PowerPC structure of the DM600)
Next a couple of batch files need to be adapted to import the data.

But there is an enigma2 image for the DM600pvr with epg importer build in. It is called the PCD image.
And this can be found at IHAD: http://www.i-have-a-...b2/database.php

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Selecting Russian EPG #3 jelleeelco

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 March 2012 - 20:30

Many thanks! I'll try that enigma2 image instead.

Thanks,
Jelle

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Russian EPG, DM600, OpenPli, Rytec

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users