assign quick button to "cam restart" function

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 finas

• 26 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 March 2012 - 22:55

is this possible?
this is the single most desired option that I always wanted, buy none of the firmwares I have tried are able to do it. Some need less buttons to get to it, other more, but no one provides that option. Actlualy, OpenPli is the one that takes more buttons to restart.

Re: assign quick button to "cam restart" function #2 veskop

• 364 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:00

is this possible?
this is the single most desired option that I always wanted, buy none of the firmwares I have tried are able to do it. Some need less buttons to get to it, other more, but no one provides that option. Actlualy, OpenPli is the one that takes more buttons to restart.

I ask allready something similar .but no answer....

http://openpli.org/f...n-vali-flex-39/

Gigablue Quad +250GB HDD ~ Xtrend ET5000 ~ Triax110 Black Multifeed 36E/28E/23E ~ Total TV88 Multifeed 19E/16E/13E/9-7E ~ EMP Centauri 9/1 DiSEqC ~ Panasonic L42G20

Re: assign quick button to "cam restart" function #3 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:28

Why do you need Cam restart?

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: assign quick button to "cam restart" function #4 veskop

• 364 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:36

funny question,you know good ,that sometimes emulators freeze.....why we have to push 10 times differend buttons to restart cam?its better to be easy for users...

Gigablue Quad +250GB HDD ~ Xtrend ET5000 ~ Triax110 Black Multifeed 36E/28E/23E ~ Total TV88 Multifeed 19E/16E/13E/9-7E ~ EMP Centauri 9/1 DiSEqC ~ Panasonic L42G20

Re: assign quick button to "cam restart" function #5 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:37

funny question,you know good ,that sometimes emulators freeze

I have this issue extreme seldom.... or better almost never....

Edited by littlesat, 30 March 2012 - 08:37.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: assign quick button to "cam restart" function #6 PiratDK

• 40 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:39

funny question,you know good ,that sometimes emulators freeze.....why we have to push 10 times differend buttons to restart cam?its better to be easy for users...

You should learn how to set up your config files for the Cam.
Then you will never need that possibility at all.

The Real PiratDK
46" Samsung 8005, VU+ Duo2, Dreambox 8000HD

Re: assign quick button to "cam restart" function #7 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:54

Well indeed, cams should need no restarting, if they do, they are buggy and should be fixed.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: assign quick button to "cam restart" function #8 veskop

• 364 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:55

funny question,you know good ,that sometimes emulators freeze

I have this issue extreme seldom.... or better almost never....

ok you are the Boss here,you know better!Why when somebody ask for something,you (moderators,not personaly you) start to explain that is not nessesary?For what is this forum?If you dont listen users here,better close it....I asked why you remove function for descrambling in Record menu....this was important for me....and nothing,you decide to remove it,for you is not important...now I cannot record when I use mbox to read my card.second time I ask for remapping keys Info and Guide,they both show same info...again no answer,now you try to explain me,that we dont need shortcut for restarting cams...same for secondinfobar for valli flex skin...ok,this is your work,your forum-your will...I am sory,but with every update,I loose some function of my box...It was better to stay with my old good Ipbox 9000

Re: assign quick button to "cam restart" function #9 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:55

It is not only the softcam that could be buggy... also bugs in tuner drivers may create issues ;)
But I still suggest that with MQB you can at least get closer to the CAM-restart option....

Edited by littlesat, 30 March 2012 - 08:56.

Re: assign quick button to "cam restart" function #10 veskop

• 364 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:01

It is not only the softcam that could be buggy... also bugs in tuner drivers may create issues ;)
But I still suggest that with MQB you can at least get closer to the CAM-restart option....

yes I know that I can use MQB but it slow down receiver....Its better to browse 5 second to restart it via menu...

Edited by veskop, 30 March 2012 - 09:02.

Re: assign quick button to "cam restart" function #11 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:12

Veskop, you have to have to understand how open source software "works". It is made by programmers that don't get paid for it, at all. That means that the programmers can decide by themselves what they find valuable functionality, "nice to have" or just "fun to make". Users get to use it for free on a "no warranties" basis. Unless you pay someone to do the job, you can make no demands on what should be implemented, it's as simple as that.

Then there is another issue, any programming team (really not OpenPLi only) will just not jump through any hoop users come up with. If there is a problem, the problem should be solved in a good way (i.e. at the source and without regressions to other functionality) and that is not always the same approach as users wish to see, as they have another (non-technical) view at the problem. Also sometimes a "solution" a user comes up with is just plain much work to implement, and appears to be much less work if approached slightly different.

So, the forum is for:
- users exchanging experience
- reporting bugs and requests for new functionality

It's not meant for demands on functionality...

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: assign quick button to "cam restart" function #12 veskop

• 364 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:23

Veskop, you have to have to understand how open source software "works". It is made by programmers that don't get paid for it, at all. That means that the programmers can decide by themselves what they find valuable functionality, "nice to have" or just "fun to make". Users get to use it for free on a "no warranties" basis. Unless you pay someone to do the job, you can make no demands on what should be implemented, it's as simple as that.

Then there is another issue, any programming team (really not OpenPLi only) will just not jump through any hoop users come up with. If there is a problem, the problem should be solved in a good way (i.e. at the source and without regressions to other functionality) and that is not always the same approach as users wish to see, as they have another (non-technical) view at the problem. Also sometimes a "solution" a user comes up with is just plain much work to implement, and appears to be much less work if approached slightly different.

So, the forum is for:

It's not meant for demands on functionality...

Yes I know very well that you dont get money for your work here....but you said:

So, the forum is for:

Ok,I ask for new functionality,isnt it?Or removed old like descrambling function in Record menu (or even how to extract it alone from old image and put it in new image),secondinfobar for Vali Flex skin,remapping 2 keys (Info and Giude) and nothing more...

Re: assign quick button to "cam restart" function #13 PaphosAL

• 251 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:38

is this possible?

You don't mention which box you're running, nor if it's E1 or E2. I use OpenPLi(ultra)Maxvar on DM500S. I can effectively kill CCcam with ONE button press, then restart it with ONE more press of the same button.

Would you be happy with that? If so, then take a look at my post in this recent thread:

http://openpli.org/f...latest-openpli/

and see how I achieve this. No promises that it will work for you, but it certainly might be worth a try!

Cheers- AL :)

Re: assign quick button to "cam restart" function #14 finas

• 26 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 April 2012 - 00:04

Hi AL,

Thanks for your reply, and actually trying to help. Im Running E2 on a DM8000. Your solution to the problem means using the power button, and I'm using a logitech multi-remote remote, so this is really no option for me.
I have alot of freezes with my current cam setup. It's not a problem inerent to the cam, but related to the way it is implemented, and I really don't have a way of fixing the problem. Restarting the cam solves it, and as such, this feature would be realy aprecitated by me ( and by a lot of of other persons, I'm sure ).

For the developers,
Is this hard to develop? I have no idea of the effort needed, and that's why I'm asking.

Thanks!

Edited by finas, 1 April 2012 - 00:05.

Re: assign quick button to "cam restart" function #15 hemispherical1

• 1,596 posts

+49
Good

Posted 1 April 2012 - 03:26

Can your logitech remote create "macros", like 1 button press to send menu / setup / softcam /ok / down / ok to restart cam ?

--
hemi

Re: assign quick button to "cam restart" function #16 charos

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 April 2012 - 08:42

Or even betten , set a cron job maybe? If you don't need a cron job then it means it doesn't happen that often so going through the menu once in a while , it won't be an issue!

Re: assign quick button to "cam restart" function #17 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 1 April 2012 - 08:55

systemtools for ppanels have a restart cam function. You can even create your own ppanel very easily to do whatever you want it to do.

Put attached file in /etc/ppanels

Attached File  restartcam.xml   216bytes   106 downloads

Edited by malakudi, 1 April 2012 - 09:06.

Re: assign quick button to "cam restart" function #18 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,993 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 1 April 2012 - 09:17

MQB
/etc/MultiQuickButton/your button
<content>
    <name>Softcam Manager (PLi)</name>
    <sel>1</sel>
    <module>Plugins.PLi.SoftcamSetup.Sc</module>
    <screen><![CDATA[ScSelection]]></screen>
</content>

Edited by Dima73, 1 April 2012 - 09:18.

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: assign quick button to "cam restart" function #19 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 1 April 2012 - 09:32

@Dima73: Excellent solution, didn't know you can add screens to MQB like that.

Re: assign quick button to "cam restart" function #20 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,993 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 1 April 2012 - 10:52

@Dima73: Excellent solution, didn't know you can add screens to MQB like that.

Author(mogli123) MQB ETxx00 and suggested it to me :D .

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users