Adding receivers to OpenPLi

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 digidude

• 136 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:00

How does a receiver get to be added to the OpenPLi code? i ask as there is a new receiver thats very similar to the Vu and ET receivers, and OpenPLi will work on it, as can be seen here

http://www.technomatesoftware.co.uk/blog/index.php?category=16

so was just wondering really

DMM 2x 500s, 2x 7020Si, 600s, 800s, 500HD.

Technomate 500, 500Super, 600, 9100, 800HD, 500HD, TWIN-OE, 2T-OE, Single-OE, NANO-OE. (& all non linux)

Vu+ Duo and others :)

ALL originals, a clone free environment.

www.technomatesoftware.co.uk

Re: Adding receivers to OpenPLi #2 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,473 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:25

see earlier simular questions,

first, we have to like to support the boxtype and it software/hardware features as it is our own hobby in our free spare time
second, the manufacturor has to support the developers where they can regarding drivers, bootladers, etc...

PS. 1) please ask TM Software to change the OpenPLi bootlogo into an own TM Software bootlogo!
PS. 2) please ask TM Software to make there sources publicly available as they must regarding our OpenPLi GPL licenses!

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: Adding receivers to OpenPLi #3 digidude

• 136 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:47

hi hemertje

this image was not created by technomate, but by myself and a few other technomate owners trying to play about and get something other than technomates teams image running on the receiver, i have stated everywhere, including in the image itself that it IS NOT a proper openpli image and the bootscreen etc has already been changed, that blog is my own little site and not connected to technomate in any way

i am still new to linux etc, but i will pass on your points above, would this be the first stage to getting the tm-twin receiver supported in some way by OpenPLi?

thanks for your time

Technomate 500, 500Super, 600, 9100, 800HD, 500HD, TWIN-OE, 2T-OE, Single-OE, NANO-OE. (& all non linux)

Re: Adding receivers to OpenPLi #4 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:39

Create an openembedded patch and post it.

In advance, things that are likely to get your patch rejected are:
- Box-specific patches to enigma2
- Bad or missing commit logs
- Patches to the DVB layer
- Binary blobs (e.g. closed source binaries) with the sole exception of drivers (xxx-dvb-modules)

Keep in mind that you will be the "tech support guy" for this machine. Like any other machine, the support isn't from "us" but from the manufacturer, or whomever choses to adopt that role if the manufacturer won't. We expect at least adequate commitment to keep everything up to date, and supprot your user.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: Adding receivers to OpenPLi #5 scruff1963

• 44 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 April 2012 - 19:45

<snip>
PS. 2) please ask TM Software to make there sources publicly available as they must regarding our OpenPLi GPL licenses!

Will never happen as tm don't work that way their git is passworded.
The twin is al least the 4th box they have marketed as open source but the code is not available unless your part of a team and they withdraw sources at the whim of the owner.
I would like to see openpli incorporate the tmtwin but with their lack of true open sources I feel the pli team would get egg on their faces.

Re: Adding receivers to OpenPLi #6 digidude

• 136 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 24 April 2012 - 20:36

- Binary blobs (e.g. closed source binaries) with the sole exception of drivers (xxx-dvb-modules)

Keep in mind that you will be the "tech support guy" for this machine. Like any other machine, the support isn't from "us" but from the manufacturer, or whomever choses to adopt that role if the manufacturer won't. We expect at least adequate commitment to keep everything up to date, and supprot your user.

thank you for the reply MiLo

im still very new to linux and compiling (me previous posts will show that :) ) so while i would like to be able to help out with whats listed above, i know that this is above what im capable of doing, and with the past experience i have from 'requesting' things from technomates main software support team, i wouldnt be holding my breath for the information needed to ensure everything goes to plan

i have informed technomate of what would be needed to get involved with openpli, im just a simple hobbyist that thought id ask what itd take :)

thank you to everyone for the replies and for reading :)

Re: Adding receivers to OpenPLi #7 digidude

• 136 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 3 April 2013 - 10:59

I know its been a while, and in that time ive been learning, but, is this still open for getting technomate receivers into the PLi code, as i have just been told that PLi have stopped accepting any submissions and will no longer support any model not currently supported, with no exceptions

while i dont believe this is the case, i thought i would ask in the only place where i will believe it if its true

Re: Adding receivers to OpenPLi #8 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 3 April 2013 - 14:56

... i have just been told that PLi have stopped accepting any submissions and will no longer support any model not currently supported, with no exceptions

Nonsense.

while i dont believe this is the case, i thought i would ask in the only place where i will believe it if its true

Good thing you did.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users