Scanning channel

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Java123

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 April 2012 - 15:28

Hello.

Been using OpenPLi for a while on my DM800SE HD Dreambox and I love this img.
Today I did a software update and after that I did rescan the channel list but then it whent wrong.

I got 2 LBN. One is 0.8W Intelsat/Thor5-6(CanalDigital) and the other one is 4.8E Astra 4A(Viasat).

Problem is that its only scanning Thor5/6 sat and its only finding 707 channels!!! Normaly it finding 1400 channels.

I try whit PeterPan img and then everyting is working normaly.

Anybody can help me.

Re: DM800SE: Cant scan Viasat! #2 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 28 April 2012 - 16:06

The first thing you should try is tune to some random transponder on both positions, using the satellite finder. This will tell you on what position the problem is.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: DM800SE: Cant scan Viasat! #3 Java123

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 April 2012 - 16:55

Im sure the problem is in the img.. The problem is when its finish whit scanning on 0.8W and its switching over to 4.8E and its not happening. I just inst NewEnigma and all channel is back as normal.

Re: DM800SE: Cant scan Viasat! #4 Roodkapke

• 5,782 posts

+29
Good

Posted 28 April 2012 - 17:34

I wouldn't be so sure.
I have those satellites too, and they scan fine.
You didn't try to install some channel list before?
Because your satellite.xml provided by the image could be ruined that way.
Just flash, do not restore any settings and scan with a clean image.
I'll guess it will scan fine and find all channels.

Re: DM800SE: Cant scan Viasat! #5 Java123

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 April 2012 - 17:50

I wouldn't be so sure.
I have those satellites too, and they scan fine.
You didn't try to install some channel list before?
Because your satellite.xml provided by the image could be ruined that way.
Just flash, do not restore any settings and scan with a clean image.
I'll guess it will scan fine and find all channels.

Have you try software update today?
Before it starts to rescan it ask if you want to delete all old channels. I press yes. I dont restore anyting before scanning since I have been using the img for 2-3 mnd now whitout any problems.

Re: DM800SE: Cant scan Viasat! #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,514 posts

+1,734
Excellent

Posted 28 April 2012 - 19:11

Could also be a mismatch between the satellites.xml and the loaded channel list and/or configuration.

4.8 could also be defined as 5.0, a mismatch won't find anything...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: DM800SE: Cant scan Viasat! #7 Roodkapke

• 5,782 posts

+29
Good

Posted 28 April 2012 - 19:27

Still not getting the concept i'm afraid.

Do a clean flash.
Do not restore your settings or update your present box, do a clean flash.

As long as you don't, you most likely have a screwed up the satellite.xml
And then it is possible that it won't find anything.

So please, flash your box with today's image without restoring anything afterwards.

Re: DM800SE: Cant scan Viasat! #8 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 28 April 2012 - 19:44

And also like Roodkapke, I have both these positions as well and both have been working all the time without a problem.

Also if the problem was "in the img", how can it be you're the only one complaining?

So please, back to basics and first try to TUNE to both positions.
If that works, you can try to SCAN one transponder on both positions.
If that works, you can try an automatic scan on both positions.
If that works, you can try a multisat scan on both positions.

And indeed check if your satellites.xml is valid, like the tuner setup.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: DM800SE: Cant scan Viasat! #9 BoxFreak

• 60 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:20

Im sure the problem is in the img.. The problem is when its finish whit scanning on 0.8W and its switching over to 4.8E and its not happening. I just inst NewEnigma and all channel is back as normal.

I have noticed that when scanning the 0.8W satellites there can be seen in the manual scan for some frequencys an "0" instead of "DVB-S" or "DVB-S2" in the screen.
I have not loaded satellites.xml from anywhere, but the openpli package (and updates). Could this have something to do with it?

Re: DM800SE: Cant scan Viasat! #10 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:17

AFAIK that issue has been resolved recently.

Re: DM800SE: Cant scan Viasat! #11 BoxFreak

• 60 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:05

AFAIK that issue has been resolved recently.

OK. Has to be pretty recent fix then, as after last saturdays update the problem was still there (Vu+ DUO and 3.1.1 kernel based image).... Have to try then with newer udate. Thanks for the info :)

Re: DM800SE: Cant scan Viasat! #12 Java123

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 April 2012 - 23:31

Hmmm. I did a clean install, but still dont work whit automatic scan. So I did a manual multisat scan and then all channel was found so now it working.

I will try a new fresh install tomorow to se if automatic scan works now.. :)

Re: DM800SE: Cant scan Viasat! #13 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 1 May 2012 - 09:51

Wat do you call an automatic scan? The menu option with that name, a FASTscan or a NETWORKscan?

Re: DM800SE: Cant scan Viasat! #14 Java123

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 May 2012 - 16:17

Wat do you call an automatic scan? The menu option with that name, a FASTscan or a NETWORKscan?

When I scan for channels for the first time. If I dont do that there is no channel to choose.. Is many ways to scan. OpenPli ask if I want do do a Automatic or an Manual transponder scan.

Re: DM800SE: Cant scan Viasat! #15 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 1 May 2012 - 18:09

Oh you mean the setup wizard. I have never ever used that, so I am sorry. You can always skip that step and use the "normal" way of scanning services.

Re: DM800SE: Cant scan Viasat! #16 Java123

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 May 2012 - 19:15

Oh you mean the setup wizard. I have never ever used that, so I am sorry. You can always skip that step and use the "normal" way of scanning services.

Yes at the setup wizard. :) So isnt it normal to do channel searce in the wizard? I thought so :)

Re: DM800SE: Cant scan Viasat! #17 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 2 May 2012 - 10:03

Yeah probably, or not... Personally I think it's strange to have such functionality in a setup wizard, but am not a fan of wizards anyway.

But I agree it should either be fixed or left out of the wizard.

Edited by Erik Slagter, 2 May 2012 - 10:06.

Re: DM800SE: Cant scan Viasat! #18 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 2 May 2012 - 10:07

so, what is broken, and what needs to be fixed?
There should be no difference between running a scan from the wizard, or from the menu.

Re: DM800SE: Cant scan Viasat! #19 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 2 May 2012 - 10:52

In theory ;) But apparently there is something different.

Re: DM800SE: Cant scan Viasat! #20 Java123

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 May 2012 - 19:49

I like using the setup wizard.
Today I instal last update on a DM800SE.(OpenPLi-2.1-beta-dm800se-20120509).

Then I press Menu/setup/service searching/manual scan. Then I shoose "type of scan": Singel sattelit and 4.8E Astra 4A.This time no channels is found. If I searche on 0.8w Thor 5/6 KU band all scannel is comming.

Then I instal an old versjon of PLi(OpenPLi-2.1-beta-dm800se-20120208). Then I do the same as I write over and all channel is comming.

If I press Menu/setup/service searching/automatic scan its only finding channel on 0.8W...

Maby I dont get it but automatic scan works whit all other img i have tryed. 4.8E dont work on last update.
I havent replaced or restored anyting when I did this.

Edited by Java123, 9 May 2012 - 19:51.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users