install plugin

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dog05

• 198 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 9 June 2012 - 15:02

I would install on my db7025 OpenPli with image, a zipped plugin *****. tar.gz, someone can help me do it. Thanks in advance.
Greetings

Re: install plugin #2 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 9 June 2012 - 15:52

Hi,
if it is a valid plugin simply decompress it and then copy it to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugin/Extension and after a restart you should have the new plugin.

Caution if it is not a valid plugin it might end in a green screen loop then you have to delete manually.

ciao

Re: install plugin #3 kennyboy

• 21 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 June 2012 - 15:53

i think you put in tmp folder and install the ipk just guessing been reading the wiki allday im sure thats where i read it thanks

Re: install plugin #4 kennyboy

• 21 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 June 2012 - 15:54

theres your answaer so i still not sure even reading wiki thanks

Re: install plugin #5 hemispherical1

• 1,596 posts

+49
Good

Posted 9 June 2012 - 18:04

Although a tar.gz may contain an .ipk, tar.gz & .ipk are not the same thing or installed the same way... Without knowing what the tar.gz contains, it'd be rather difficult to say how it should be installed.

One also needs to be sure it's actually an oe2/mips plugin (for 7025) & not a PPC plugin designed for the older E1 boxes (which generally used tar.gz as the package format rather than ipk)...

--
hemi

Re: install plugin #6 dog05

• 198 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 11 June 2012 - 21:01

Hemi, the ***. tar.gz which I speak is for the DM7025 and contains the last file oscam. I wanted to understand how to install manually. Why then I installed what is on the menu plugin OpenPli.
Greetings

Re: install plugin #7 hemispherical1

• 1,596 posts

+49
Good

Posted 11 June 2012 - 21:23

I'm guessing the easiest way would be to install one of PLi's oscam packages, then extract the oscam binary from your tar.gz & overwrite the binary that PLi installed, probably under /usr/bin. If you also need specific config files from your tar.gz, overwrite the ones that PLi installed also.

The best way to actually learn what goes where is probably to download an existing package for your image & extract the files within. From there you can poke around the data.tar.gz file, etc. and see what goes where...

--
hemi

Re: install plugin #8 dog05

• 198 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:35

Hemi, Thank you for your suggestion, I'll try to do as you advise me and I'll know if it works. I take advantage of your willingness to ask your opinion on a post, which I entered and to which no one answers, concerning the use of Compact Flash. Thanks again for the help.
Greetings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users