Photo

Extracting EPG Id's

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mkhan

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 June 2012 - 22:40

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the 4 digit EPG id for channels from Cross epg plugin via open TV using my duo? I need the epg id's to update the configs for Weekepg plugin used on enigma 1 receivers.

An Example of Open TV format.

1;1758;4Music;32;2485:7e3:2

I have attached a copy of the config used in weekepg to update epg.

If anyone can direct me or know of any other way I can get that data I would be very greatful.

Thanks.

Attached Files

Re: Extracting EPG Id's #2 LraiZer

• 101 posts

+19
Neutral

Posted 13 June 2012 - 14:00

you can manually find weekepg EPG ids using dvbsnoop on your enigma1 box.
this guide was made for Commando Neutrino image but the same principles can be used to find the same infomation.

this is an example to find the unique channelID for More4+2 from the stream

drop dvbsnoop in /var/bin/ and make it executable (chmod 755)

open /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/services.xml

find "More4+2"

make a note of the transponder that More4+2 is on:
<transponder id="0814"

make a note of More4+2 service_id and service_type:
<channel service_id="5302" name="More4+2" service_type="01"/>

now telnet into box and issue the following command:
dvbsnoop -nph -n 500 0x11 >/tmp/dvb.txt

open the generated /tmp/dvb.txt file and perform a search for (0x0814)
this should take you directly to the More4+2 transponder data as below.

Transport_stream_ID: 2068 (0x0814)
	Original_network_ID: 2 (0x0002)  [= Astra Satellite Network 28,2°E | Société Européenne des Satellites]
	reserved_1: 15 (0x0f)
	Transport_descriptors_length: 30 (0x001e)
			DVB-DescriptorTag: 65 (0x41)  [= service_list_descriptor]
			descriptor_length: 0 (0x00)
			DVB-DescriptorTag: 95 (0x5f)  [= private_data_specifier_descriptor]
			descriptor_length: 4 (0x04)
			PrivateDataSpecifier: 2 (0x00000002)  [= BskyB 1]
			DVB-DescriptorTag: 177 (0xb1)  [= User defined]
			descriptor_length: 20 (0x14)
			Descriptor-data:
				 0000:  ff ff 52 d0 19 0f eb 00  8c 08 cf 53 02 01 0c 4e   ..R........S...N
				 0010:  01 0d 10 df						  

now scroll down and take a close look at the data of the DVB-DescriptorTag: 177 (0xb1) tags for this transponder. find the first occurence of the service_id followed by the service_type. this will be 6 digits separated by two spaces as 53 02 01 shown above. be aware the data you are looking for can be spread over two lines and is not always on the same line. it can be at the end of one line and the begining of the next line. once you have found this service_id service_type data, take a close look at the next four digits. this is the unique channelid for this service. this 0c 4e channelid data is currently in hex format so now needs to be converted to decimal. once we run this through a hex to decimal conversion we get the final decimal channelid reference for More4+2 that we are looking for weekepglog EPG Id 3150.

Commando Neutrino auto generated the attached config last night. it is not quite the same format as weekepg enigma1, but can be converted very easily.

Attached Files

Re: Extracting EPG Id's #3 PaphosAL

• 251 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 13 June 2012 - 20:20

and there we are! I've always told you what a genius LraiZer is... I spotted this post this morning, right in the middle of helping to put a ukcvs Commando 14.6 release together. Contacted LraiZer to ask for input here, on the OpenPli board. This guy is an absolute star, believe me.

For the E1 Neutrino DM500S box, he has taken the original Weekepg plugin by MaxV4 and totally transformed it into a format that can be sucked into memory by sectionsd (sorry, you don't have that in Enigma), and gives us up to 7 Days EPG and long descriptions, direct from the 28.2E stream, with no web connection required (like the alternative RadioTimes source). We can easily configure the number of days data, the hours of LDs etc on a per channel basis as well.

Loading a 6mb EPG store into memory takes about 3 minutes and can be done on boot, or wakeup (both after a 60 second background delay), or manually via the shellexec menu or Plugin, or via a Timer each day. Extensive testing shows no memory issues, we can also shove a 7.75mb backup image into /tmp and the cam keeps going.

Thiis stream EPG load takes place in Radio Mode (with gentle background muzak, of course) so if the the user is running it manually (advisably during the ADs) then we run a kind of screenshow, with popup progress messages, one attached...

In the post above, LraiZer has hidden his lights under a bushel. I'm only trying to explain what he did to extend the original work of MaxV4 (who is fully credited, naturally)

Cheers- AL ;)

Attached Files

Re: Extracting EPG Id's #4 jimbo2013

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 September 2014 - 20:18

Hi.  Sorry if I have putmy first post in the wrong place.  However, I am intregued by this information about descriptor 0xb1.

I have noticed that the strings for this are:

1: Within each Bouquet then per transponder in TSID order

2: Within each mux, channels that apply to ALL REGIONS in that bouqet have "FF FF" at the start, and those the mean only certain regions appear before that.

The sequency is

00: Region ID digit 1

01: Region ID digit 2

02: SID digit 1

03: SID digit 2

04: DVB-Type

05: EPG-ID digit 1

06: EPG-ID digit 2

07: LCN digit 1

08: LCN digit 2

09: unknown

0A: unknown

Then digits 02-0A inclusive properties are copied over and over to the end of the string.

My question is - What is digits 09 and 0A used for - ie the 10th and 11th digit?

Thanks for your help and please can you tell me how can I set my box up so that I can dump changes in this stream to a file so I can easily compare differences whenever they change?  I would also need to ask it to check every so often.  If anyone can help please get in touch.

Thanks and well found.

In terms of Freesat, I think that is slightly different - with descriptors 0xd1 to 0xd9 I think but again, help would be appreciated in terms of that as well please.

Thanks

Re: Extracting EPG Id's #5 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 5 February 2016 - 15:21

Regarding OpenTV EPG, It has been mentioned a few times in a few differnt threads, so I suspect there is some willingness to get it implemented. This used to be done on Enigma 1 using the weekepg  plugin.

If anyone who was involved in the implementation of the the Fressat EPG is still around, they may be able to implement it easily. However, the epg data on most transponders is for a few hours only. The 7 days one is on 11778. 

I am posting excerpts from some PMs with LraiZer when it was queried on how the process works. I can't code so beyond my abilities

My question  to him:

Hello, I hope you are well.

We would like to have E2 natively read the openTV epg.

I am pretty sure that the EPG ID is involved. Can you shed any light on this?

His answer

sounds like too big a project for me get involved in with no free time at the moment. there is currently MediaHighway and Freesat in the E2 built in epg readers and OpenTV is more or less a combination of both. Titles and Descriptions the are same as MediaHighway, in that they are on totaly differnet pids and need to be merged together correctly using two seperate sequential scans and then there is the added complexity where the data is also huffman encoded like the Freesat epg and needs additional decoding.

crossepg does 3 scans, first scans for all available services... EPG ID as you say, and then does a Titles scan and then a Descriptions scan, merges and decodes the huffman encoded data and then saves the epg.

Re: Extracting EPG Id's #6 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:18

If you are using version 1.4.53 of DVBsnoop, it now shows the details

cd /usr/bin
./dvbsnoop -privateprovider bskyb.uk -n 500 0x11 > /tmp/pid11.txt

There are other ways of getting the details though. ABM, AB 28.2, LraiZer's radio times emulator, Autobouquets wiki

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users