Photo

relationship between hfreaks- and vix-images and openpli

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#1 jeandubois

• 293 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 July 2012 - 20:35

Is it correct that the hfreaks-image and the vix-images are just modified openpli-images, Do they offer anything extra?

regards,
jean

Re: relationship between hfreaks- and vix-images and openpli #2 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,471 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 14 July 2012 - 20:42

yes, ask there users...

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: relationship between hfreaks- and vix-images and openpli #3 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 17 August 2012 - 15:41

Is it correct that the hfreaks-image and the vix-images are just modified openpli-images, Do they offer anything extra?

regards,
jean

yes, ask there users...

I can't speak for HD-Freaks but ViX: yes, indeed. And in fact much more than modified; ViX contains a lot of innovations, many of them later being embedded by PLi.

Edited by SatKiekerd, 17 August 2012 - 15:42.

Re: relationship between hfreaks- and vix-images and openpli #4 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,269 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 17 August 2012 - 15:46

Indeed....
https://github.com/O.../commits/master

Edited by littlesat, 17 August 2012 - 16:18.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: relationship between hfreaks- and vix-images and openpli #5 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 17 August 2012 - 16:55

regards,
jean

yes, ask there users...

I can't speak for HD-Freaks but ViX: yes, indeed. And in fact much more than modified; ViX contains a lot of innovations, many of them later being embedded by PLi.

Indeed....
https://github.com/O.../commits/master

Good to see that you agree with me there. But I think you supplied the wrong link? As this is only a minor PLi merge sample, and doesn't show anything about the innovative OE-alliance or ViX-E2.

Re: relationship between hfreaks- and vix-images and openpli #6 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,269 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 17 August 2012 - 18:22

I know.... PLi is not innovative at all....
https://github.com/o.../master?page=25

Edited by littlesat, 17 August 2012 - 18:27.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: relationship between hfreaks- and vix-images and openpli #7 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 17 August 2012 - 18:33

... PLi is not innovative at all....

Hmmm, are you sure about that? Your words.....

Re: relationship between hfreaks- and vix-images and openpli #8 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 17 August 2012 - 19:57

ViX contains a lot of innovations, many of them later being embedded by PLi.

many? hmm...
would you mind to point me just a few of such?
I'm just curious ;)
thanks
True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: relationship between hfreaks- and vix-images and openpli #9 andyblac

• 465 posts

+18
Neutral

Posted 17 August 2012 - 20:08

ViX contains a lot of innovations, many of them later being embedded by PLi.

many? hmm...
would you mind to point me just a few of such?
I'm just curious ;)
thanks

'ChannelList Preview Mode' on PLi3 ? for one, both been vix for ages.

not going to respond any more not worth my effort.

Edited by andyblac, 17 August 2012 - 20:14.

Re: relationship between hfreaks- and vix-images and openpli #10 Frogman

• 389 posts

+68
Good

Posted 17 August 2012 - 22:47

'ChannelList Preview Mode' on PLi3 ? for one, both been vix for ages.

what a feature...

not going to respond any more not worth my effort.

what a response...
Most problems can be solved simply by a closer look.

Re: relationship between hfreaks- and vix-images and openpli #11 vixfan

• 2 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 18 August 2012 - 14:47

We all know that VIX team are the best coders, they give all code to openpli and never get anything back for it.
As written on many forums openpli team take all code from andy and act as if they made it.

The real innovator of enigma2 is VIX team and IMHO openpli team are just jealous that they are not as good cplusplus and python skilled as VIX team.

Take a look at the openpli core, it's mostly based on VIX work, and even now the alliance core is lightyears ahead of the openpli core. So i think openpli should be proud that VIX team still merges your code so you can rip the VIX code more easy.

Greeting from a VIX fan

Re: relationship between hfreaks- and vix-images and openpli #12 Frogman

• 389 posts

+68
Good

Posted 18 August 2012 - 14:55

Attached File  a_icon93_c95811ea.gif   33.31KB   17 downloads

Edited by Frogman, 18 August 2012 - 17:31.

Re: relationship between hfreaks- and vix-images and openpli #13 dAF2000

• PLi® Ex-Leden
  • 14,151 posts

+52
Good

Posted 18 August 2012 - 14:57

Hi, welcome on our forum.

We all know that VIX team are the best coders, they give all code to openpli and never get anything back for it.

Well, OpenViX is based on OpenPLi as you know. So, "never get anything back for it" is not true.

As written on many forums openpli team take all code from andy and act as if they made it.

Not true.

The real innovator of enigma2 is VIX team and IMHO openpli team are just jealous that they are not as good cplusplus and python skilled as VIX team.

We are not jealous.

Take a look at the openpli core, it's mostly based on VIX work, and even now the alliance core is lightyears ahead of the openpli core. So i think openpli should be proud that VIX team still merges your code so you can rip the VIX code more easy.

Not true. As I said OpenViX is based on OpenPLi (lately the OE alliance but that has the same base).
And we don't rip ViX code.
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: http://openpli.org/wiki

Re: relationship between hfreaks- and vix-images and openpli #14 koivo

• 69 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 18 August 2012 - 17:14

Uhh the Vixfanboys on the road. I have testet the last vix image and cannot find a lot of innovations.
My first choice is the OpenPLi basis. Not any other copy and paste git.

Re: relationship between hfreaks- and vix-images and openpli #15 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 18 August 2012 - 20:03

Thanks man, I haven't had such a good laugh in weeks.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: relationship between hfreaks- and vix-images and openpli #16 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 18 August 2012 - 21:01

ouch, that was brutal... ;)
well done mate, it's definitely worth +1 from me :P
True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: relationship between hfreaks- and vix-images and openpli #17 vixfan

• 2 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 18 August 2012 - 21:01

You may think it is funny, but in fact i don't and with me many more serious users.

We have confirmation from two leading VIX members that you do infact take code and put it in your GIT before VIX can do it.
It was written by andyblac (https://github.com/andyblac) and Satkiekerd (https://github.com/VUplusNL) not long ago.
They make great new features and a few weeks later you 'copy' them and then tell everyone that you make them.

There is even now on the forum a thread where a user states that you should in fact just 'rip' it from the VIX GIT, is that what openpli is about? Even the users say so, so IMHO it must be the general conviction then.
But we will see very soon, VIX is allways making new things, if you look in the GIT you see many many changes everyday. I think they are ahead very far compared to openpli, so we will see openpli take all new VIX features and put them in your own GIT

Re: relationship between hfreaks- and vix-images and openpli #18 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,588 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 18 August 2012 - 21:23

You seem to forget that all this code is GPL licenced, which EXPLICITLY allows you to borrow. Just like VIX borrowed the ENTIRE OpenPLi image.

This is perfectly fine, this is how Open Source works. You borrow from me, I borrow from you, and together we both have a better product then before. If that is not fine, write closed-source code (in which case you are not allowed to use anything from OpenPLi or Enigma2, the license strictly forbids that!).

Let's be honest, if OpenPLi had never decided to honour the GPL license and make all their sources public, then today there would not be a VIX (or any other OpenPLi based image).

I don't have a problem with you, Vixfan, but this is not the VIX fan site, so if you don't have anything constructive to add to this conversation, I would suggest you leave it at this.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: relationship between hfreaks- and vix-images and openpli #19 Frogman

• 389 posts

+68
Good

Posted 18 August 2012 - 21:25

There is even now on the forum a thread where a user states that you should in fact just 'rip' it from the VIX GIT, is that what openpli is about? Even the users say so, so IMHO it must be the general conviction then.

I suppose you refer to this post? Oh come on... the first post by a user which just has been registered :D
And the joke of the day: your conclusion from this dubious user to "Even the users..."

I wasn't aware ViX and OE-Alliance are in need of promotion in such a way... ;)

Edited by Frogman, 18 August 2012 - 21:55.

Re: relationship between hfreaks- and vix-images and openpli #20 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,471 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 18 August 2012 - 22:19

You may think it is funny, but in fact i don't and with me many more serious users.

We have confirmation from two leading VIX members that you do infact take code and put it in your GIT before VIX can do it.
It was written by andyblac (https://github.com/andyblac) and Satkiekerd (https://github.com/VUplusNL) not long ago.
They make great new features and a few weeks later you 'copy' them and then tell everyone that you make them.

But we will see very soon, VIX is allways making new things, if you look in the GIT you see many many changes everyday. I think they are ahead very far compared to openpli, so we will see openpli take all new VIX features and put them in your own GIT

We all know you can have a great laugh with Andy and Rob but we are not into fights who is best.... We all have our fun in our hobby and please keep it this way!

The users decide which software they like best and that is up to them, we don't care about it.

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users