Photo

How to cut 1 record in 2 records with Cutlisteditor?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 17 July 2012 - 15:43

Hello,

I use "Cutlisteditor" (OpenPli 2.1) and "Executive Cuts" to cut the beginning and the end of a movie when I want to delete what I don't kneed but I haven't find how to cut 1 record in 2 records when I have recorded 2 movies in 1 record. It was very simple on my previous recorder. Somebody has an idea?

Thank you.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K - OpenPli 8.3

Xtrend ET9200 - OpenPli 6.2

Re: How to cut 1 record in 2 records with Cutlisteditor? #2 hemispherical1

• 1,596 posts

+49
Good

Posted 17 July 2012 - 16:06

I would guess that you would have to copy the movie and run cutlist on each copy...

--
hemi

Re: How to cut 1 record in 2 records with Cutlisteditor? #3 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 17 July 2012 - 16:34

Yeah indeed, the cutlist editor cannot split movies.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: How to cut 1 record in 2 records with Cutlisteditor? #4 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,049 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 17 July 2012 - 18:28

The "cutter" can write to a new file, so if you do it in two steps, there's no need for a copy of the original.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: How to cut 1 record in 2 records with Cutlisteditor? #5 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:22

I thought of copying the file before cutting the 2 records but it's long and not very convenient.

MiLo, can you explain your technique? I don't see how you make. I try to choose the option "the cut part in a file .cut" but the results are astonishing.

Re: How to cut 1 record in 2 records with Cutlisteditor? #6 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,626 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:08

you can execute cut with first file into filename_cut and then again use cuteditor on original file...
Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: How to cut 1 record in 2 records with Cutlisteditor? #7 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:17

I tried 2 things :

1°) With the initial record, I put a mark on the beginning of the file as "beginning of cut" and I put another mark as "end of cut". I used "Executive cuts" and chose to put the cut part in a .cut file. The cut part was in a .cut file, I could rename it and the "good" part kept the good name. But the initial record was 1000 MO, the .cut part was 700 MO and the "good" part was 900 MO. There is a problem because 1000 <> 900 + 700.

2°) With another record, I inserted a mark "remove before" and I chose "put the removed part in a .cut file" with "Executive cuts". But the 2 files gave the same result, I've lost the beginning, the sum of the 2 files was bigger than the original file and when I read the "good" file, it started at the good moment but there was an indication as the part before was already read. It seems I can't read it but it's always in the file.

I think my tries are not very interesting or I missed something.

Re: How to cut 1 record in 2 records with Cutlisteditor? #8 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:51

I don't think you understood the suggestion well.

The suggestion is that you run the cutlist editor twice and also the moviecut plugin twice. The crux is that you specify a different output file on both moviecut runs. Of course you will need to reset the cuts and make new cuts inbetween.

Please also note that the moviecut plugin cannot cut on a per-frame basis, it can only cut on complete gops (which are usally 1/10-1/5 second long).

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: How to cut 1 record in 2 records with Cutlisteditor? #9 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 19 July 2012 - 14:45

Sorry but effectively, I haven't understood the suggestion and in more, I'm not easy in English.

I read your suggestion and I have a problem to understand or I don't use the good plugins. First, I use Cutlisteditor to insert marks and immediately later I use Executive Cuts (is it the same that Moviecut?).

If I run Cutlisteditor, I have to run Executive Cuts immediately after? If I run Cutlisteditor twice, I only insert all the marks in the same file, is not it.

Then, with Executive Cuts, I have only 4 choices :
- don't cut
- replace the original movie with the cut movie
- place the cut movie in a new file ending with "cut"
- advanced cut specifications…

I can't create a file with a personal name but I can take the .cut file and rename it.

And after this operation, the original record has disappeared, so I can't use Cutlisteditor another time.

Sorry but I'm incapable to understand how to do it :wacko: .

Re: How to cut 1 record in 2 records with Cutlisteditor? #10 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 19 July 2012 - 15:00

I read your suggestion and I have a problem to understand or I don't use the good plugins. First, I use Cutlisteditor to insert marks and immediately later I use Executive Cuts (is it the same that Moviecut?).

Yes indeed. It's actually called "execute cuts" but that's not that important.

- advanced cut specifications…
I can't create a file with a personal name but I can take the .cut file and rename it.

Here it is...

Re: How to cut 1 record in 2 records with Cutlisteditor? #11 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 19 July 2012 - 15:22

Ok but as I explained it, I have not a good result : the "good" movie and the cut movie were the same, I've lost what I've cut and the 2 files were bigger than the original file (original : 1000 MO, the 2 files : 900 and 700 MO).

I am going to try again. I maybe made a mistake.

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users