Photo

VFD skin OpenPLi 2.1

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 vicje

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:43

Can I alter the VFD skin of OpenPLi myself? If so, how? I would really like to have the channel logo in the VFD skin.

Re: VFD skin OpenPLi 2.1 #2 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:46

What box?

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: VFD skin OpenPLi 2.1 #3 vicje

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 July 2012 - 15:32

Ultimo

Re: VFD skin OpenPLi 2.1 #4 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 19 July 2012 - 15:36

We have been looking into incorporating this feature into our image, but it appears to be very difficult to do. For starters the code in enigma itself (it cannot be simply a plugin or a skin) has been written for the version of enigma that VU+ ships itself, which is very different from our enigma version. At one time I thought I'd figured it out, but still it didn't work, so I left it.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: VFD skin OpenPLi 2.1 #5 andyblac

• 465 posts

+18
Neutral

Posted 21 July 2012 - 19:59

We have been looking into incorporating this feature into our image, but it appears to be very difficult to do. For starters the code in enigma itself (it cannot be simply a plugin or a skin) has been written for the version of enigma that VU+ ships itself, which is very different from our enigma version. At one time I thought I'd figured it out, but still it didn't work, so I left it.

working fine here in vix, what is the problem your having maybe i can help ?

Re: VFD skin OpenPLi 2.1 #6 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 21 July 2012 - 20:06

The problem is, like I said, the enigma version that VU+ is using, and that has the necessary changes, has been diverted too much to incorporate the relevant patches in our enigma version. It's no problem to apply the patches (after some adjustments), but it simply doesn't work.

Re: VFD skin OpenPLi 2.1 #7 andyblac

• 465 posts

+18
Neutral

Posted 21 July 2012 - 20:32

The problem is, like I said, the enigma version that VU+ is using, and that has the necessary changes, has been diverted too much to incorporate the relevant patches in our enigma version. It's no problem to apply the patches (after some adjustments), but it simply doesn't work.

and as i said i the VFD for ultimo in vix works fine and my e2 was originally pli e2. so maybe my git can help.

look at
lcd.cpp line 122 - 127
configure.ac line 86 - 90

and then add 'fullgraphiclcd' into MACHINE_FEATURES in vuultimo.conf

Attached Files

Edited by andyblac, 21 July 2012 - 20:42.

Re: VFD skin OpenPLi 2.1 #8 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,312 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:30

@Andyblack,

Why couln't you offer us a complete patch.... ?

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: VFD skin OpenPLi 2.1 #9 andyblac

• 465 posts

+18
Neutral

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:42

@Andyblack,

Why couln't you offer us a complete patch.... ?

like you give me patches ? ehh, come on guy's do some work yourself, and this just proves my point about you wanting everyone to do the work for you, and why i started oe-alliance, if you do not want to join that is your call.

Edited by andyblac, 22 July 2012 - 09:43.

Re: VFD skin OpenPLi 2.1 #10 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:00

Like you're not using any of the improvements PLi made to the original enigma? Come on, you must be kidding me!

Re: VFD skin OpenPLi 2.1 #11 andyblac

• 465 posts

+18
Neutral

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:11

Like you're not using any of the improvements PLi made to the original enigma? Come on, you must be kidding me!

yes, at least i rework it my self to fit my code base, if you want my code, then you should the same.

i even showed you where everything is and how to use. thats more than you do, i have to read your gits, well sorry but this is the last time i, try to help.

Edited by andyblac, 22 July 2012 - 10:13.

Re: VFD skin OpenPLi 2.1 #12 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,312 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:32

You can more easily merge from us as in fact OpenPli is your master source ...

But most your patches are well spread over several commits so getting something back gets amost a not done and/or partly re-invent it by ourselves...

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: VFD skin OpenPLi 2.1 #13 OldDeuteronomy

• 197 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 28 July 2012 - 18:24

I'm a little bit confused...

I had an Ultimo some while ago, and with a little help from others we finally managed to get the Ultimo's VFD working in OpenPLi. You might want to read this thread for details.

I am now back on the Ultimo, installed PLi 3.0 and simply copied the required files from the package posted in the thread above (or in another thread that was linked at the end) to the box, and the VFD works perfectly fine. These files are in particular:

\etc\enigma2\skin_user.xml
\usr\lib\enigma2\python\Components\Converter\Sensors.py
\usr\lib\enigma2\python\Components\Renderer\LcdPicon.py
\usr\lib\enigma2\python\Components\Renderer\RollerCharLCD.py
\usr\share\enigma2\vfd_icons\vfd_icons\*.png
\usr\share\fonts\ <- some font files

And that's it. So what exactly are those complicated E2 changes?

However, there's one little issue I see which wasn't present when I played with it back in january: The little icons (HD, Crypt and so on) are not being displayed. Anyone any idea why that might be?

Re: VFD skin OpenPLi 2.1 #14 OldDeuteronomy

• 197 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 28 July 2012 - 18:38

OK, forget what I just said. The zip package was packed wrong, resulting in the picons to be one folder level too deep. Copied them to the correct location, and now also the picons work fine.

Still I'm asking myself what the big issue is which I'm obviously missing. The only thing that does not work in PLi is to have separate skin_users.xml files with different styles, which are selectable from the menu (as introduced on VTI image for example). But that's not really an issue since I have no need to switch the styles regulary, and when I want to switch anyway, I simply replace the skin_user.xml with a new one.

Re: VFD skin OpenPLi 2.1 #15 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 31 July 2012 - 17:43

So why don't you prove that with a patch?

Edited by Erik Slagter, 31 July 2012 - 17:43.

Re: VFD skin OpenPLi 2.1 #16 OldDeuteronomy

• 197 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 31 July 2012 - 19:40

I'm not sure what exactly you mean. I can repack the files mentioned above, but it shouldn't be too hard to copy them to the right places now.

So what exactly do you mean with a "patch"?

Re: VFD skin OpenPLi 2.1 #17 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 31 July 2012 - 19:47

If you can make a zip of that, if unpacked from the root (/), places the files at all the correct positions, that would be okay as well. It's not so much that we're lazy, but we need something that shows in a glance exactly what changes are made.

So you're saying you're only ADDING files? If any files get MODIFIED, then we still need a patch, the difference (using diff -u) between the two versions.

Re: VFD skin OpenPLi 2.1 #18 OldDeuteronomy

• 197 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 31 July 2012 - 19:58

Yes, all these files are ADDITIONS, none of them REPLACES a file that exits in OpenPLi. That is, with maybe one exeption: I'm not sure whether you have a skin_user.xml in your image. If you do, then this would be the only replacement.

Give me a few minutes, I'll pack the files properly and will attach it here.

Edited by OldDeuteronomy, 31 July 2012 - 20:00.

Re: VFD skin OpenPLi 2.1 #19 OldDeuteronomy

• 197 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 31 July 2012 - 20:14

Here it comes.

The skin_user.xml is based on the 1st VTI skin ("VTI1") from VTI image. The original creator of the package (see link above) changed some of the required renderers that turned out to be incompatible with PLi. For instance, on VTI image the title of the current show is being displayed using the renderer "RollerCharLCDLong", which causes a GS when using it in PLi image. The modified .xml uses the renderer "RollerCharLCD", which works fine. So if someone would want to extract the other skins from VTI image, their appropriate .xml files would need to be slightly modified. Maybe this issue with certain non-working renderers is what the VIX team has fixed?

Anyway - this package contains only renderers that work on PLi image.

The package does NOT contain channel picons. The .xml defines the picon size to 132x46, so probably the best choice are the 132x46 LCD picons from Zombi that can be easily found on IHAD or VTI forum. Obviously it would be helpful for PLi users to add Zombi's picons to the feed. Zombi seems to be open for that, because I know that the VTI team is officially allowed to put his packages on their feed.

Attached Files

Re: VFD skin OpenPLi 2.1 #20 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 1 August 2012 - 08:25

come on guys don't start a war

we should not be another DMM

everybody knows "andyblac" from ViX as a super developer and of course everybody knows that we're talking about this scene because there is a PLi team !

PLi is a legendary team but with some particulars that i don't like

i wanna be honest with you PLi team , you are the gods of the arena in my opinion but everytime we're talking about something new you're asking for patch or something similar

did i receive any ready patch from anybody for my OE ? the answer is no

in some cases we wanna share our sources with you but you have to do something with it yourself like creating patches , etc

for example i did create GPRS bitbake files for my OE and i wanna share it with you , do you think creating patches is easy so do it yourself , don't ask for ready patches

and to andyblac :

if you don't wanna give PLi ready patches at least give them all needed files (not the whole OE or mention a link)

we should cooperate with each other for better future

Open Vision sources: https://github.com/OpenVisionE2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users