Photo

xmltv import - DM800HD Help setting up for North America.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 murphy1969

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 July 2012 - 14:33

Please help me get more information on setting xmltv import setup for DM800 hd for North American satellites. So far I have collected this information.

I need to setup Channel mapping from source to SID in my channel list.
Q. Where do I put this file after establishing the mappings.

How can I configure to import from other sources besides the preconfigured list ?
example. mc2xml can download data from schedule direct or microsoft. I would prefer to use one of these sources.

once soulution would be to run mc2xml on dm800hd harddrive and then import data using xmltv import. lets assume I have my file located in /hdd/dm800hd. How would I configure xmltv to import it from there.

Thank you in advance.

Re: xmltv import - DM800HD Help setting up for North America. #2 hemispherical1

• 1,596 posts

+49
Good

Posted 19 July 2012 - 18:21

Q. Where do I put this file after establishing the mappings.

On the web server you plan on downloading the files from.Xmltvimport has the ability to process the files directly from the DB, but I assume once you have it working you'd like to automate the epg retrieval. Downloading from a webserver is the simplest way.

How can I configure to import from other sources besides the preconfigured list ?
example. mc2xml can download data from schedule direct or microsoft. I would prefer to use one of these sources.

From the guide you were working off of:
"In /etc/epgimport there will be a sources file. Delete all of the sources except for the 1st one and change it to suit your needs." There's even an example sources file, supplied with the guide, sources.txt.

once solution would be to run mc2xml on dm800hd harddrive and then import data using xmltv import. lets assume I have my file located in /hdd/dm800hd. How would I configure xmltv to import it from there.

There isn't a MIPs version of mc2xml to be able to run on your DB, although the developer may be able to compile a binary for MIPs, for a donation. There's a few details on mc2xml website..

--
hemi

Re: xmltv import - DM800HD Help setting up for North America. #3 murphy1969

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 July 2012 - 20:32

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users