Photo

Problem with formatting usb pendrive-is there device manager for pli?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alsat1

• 221 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 25 July 2012 - 17:18

Hi.I using openpli 2.1 and tspanel for some tools like device manager.
I tryed format my verbatim store and go pendrive but always have a problem.
Some times have a message,

name already exist

or

fstab not exist

tryed also with fdisk via telnet,there I can delete partition and make new one,but anyway on device manager have message"there is no partiton on this device"

The same pendrive always formatting ok on other images like newnigma2,dreamelite etc.After formatting on other image,I can use this pendrive with no problem on pli.

Is this a bug on image,why openpli have no device manager in standard setup?

Re: Problem with formatting usb pendrive-is there device manager for pli? #2 spock

• 214 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 25 July 2012 - 18:10

Never tried tspanel, but since you know how to use telnet, just configure a partition on the stick and then run mkfs.ext4 on the partition and it should be ready to go. OpenPLi should automount it in /media/usb after reboot.

The above however will make it usable only on linux systems (or with special drivers on windows machines too..).

OpenPLi doesn't seem to have the mkfs.vfat binary (which I believe comes from dosfstools), because of this we cannot format sticks with Windows filesystem FAT/FAT32 in OpenPLi as far as I can see.

I guess tspanel needs those tools (and maybe others), which is why it doesn't work, either.

edit: Never tried this myself, but even with a USB stick, maybe you can go to HDD initialization in the setup, it could work (again most likely the stick will only work on the stb or other linux installation).

Edited by spock, 25 July 2012 - 18:12.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users