Photo

Renderers and converters on pli 3.0-which are the same like on 2.1?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 alsat1

• 221 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:01

Can someone give me a help and tell me which converters and renderers onpli 3.0 are same like 2.1?

For e.g I know renderer from 2.1 valioSystem.pyo on pli 3.0 have name SimpleSensors.
I need to know for adapt this to skin.

I need to know this renderers and converters-the name of them on pli 3.0:
here lines from skin on pli 2.1:

<convert type="ExtraInfo">CryptInfo</convert>
<convert type="DMCHDCaidDisplay">Default</convert>
<convert type="ExtraInfo">ProvCaid</convert>
<convert type="CryptoInfo">VerboseInfo</convert>

And thats it what I need to know.Or mayby there is no need to change,and all have the same names?

Best regards.

Re: Renderers and converters on pli 3.0-which are the same like on 2.1? #2 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,632 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:15

I need to know this renderers and converters-the name of them on pli 3.0:
here lines from skin on pli 2.1:

sources for 2.1 and 3.0 are common, imho.
Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: Renderers and converters on pli 3.0-which are the same like on 2.1? #3 alsat1

• 221 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:26

Will try and let know here.Thanks.

Re: Renderers and converters on pli 3.0-which are the same like on 2.1? #4 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,513 posts

+693
Excellent

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:00

WHen a skin has closed (Grmmmmbl) source Renderers it might go wrong...

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Renderers and converters on pli 3.0-which are the same like on 2.1? #5 alsat1

• 221 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:28

WHen a skin has closed (Grmmmmbl) source Renderers it might go wrong...

I will try add later them renderers from pli 2.1 to 3.0(on the next days off from work),and will let know here in this post.
I will also look on plihd skin on pli3.0,and also try look on other skins what they have and what work with gbox.
Did the SimpleSensors on 3.0 are the same renderer like valioSystem on pli 2.1?
I mean is this will the same format like here?:

Posted Image

Edited by alsat1, 29 July 2012 - 11:29.

Re: Renderers and converters on pli 3.0-which are the same like on 2.1? #6 holi

• 108 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:59

It`s the same render, only changed name. Find sources (py files) for all renders/converters you want and everything should work on pli 3.0.

Re: Renderers and converters on pli 3.0-which are the same like on 2.1? #7 alsat1

• 221 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:23

It`s the same render, only changed name. Find sources (py files) for all renders/converters you want and everything should work on pli 3.0.

Can You tell me where is the sources for correct working py files on pli 3.0?

Re: Renderers and converters on pli 3.0-which are the same like on 2.1? #8 holi

• 108 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:35

CryptoInfo is already avalible in Pli Image. For the rest you can use PliExtraInfo.

Edited by holi, 29 July 2012 - 12:38.

Re: Renderers and converters on pli 3.0-which are the same like on 2.1? #9 alsat1

• 221 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 29 July 2012 - 13:16

Will try,but for eg.skin which already I using is LT6-HD by neku and this skin is possible to download on both feeds-pli 2.1 and 3.0 but this skin is adapted for pli 2.0-2.1.
On pli3.0,on second infobar this skin not showing anything except the channel name,so thats mean there need to be a lot of things to change in skin.xml for correct run on pli 3.0.On first infobar also some things are missing.
On pli2.1 is no problem,so I believe that is only the converters and renderers matter which can be fixed by editing the skin.xml.
Will try do that later and let know here.
Regards.

Re: Renderers and converters on pli 3.0-which are the same like on 2.1? #10 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,513 posts

+693
Excellent

Posted 29 July 2012 - 13:40

The LT6-HD skin is indeed limited in 3.0 due to closed source Renderers and Converters....

That is why you should avoid these kind of skins/pllugins and make your choise for open source and not only based by "nice looking" and "use to it" reasons...

Now due to an upgrade of python they are simply stuck - should we stop developing for closed source stuff we cannot adapt?

I started to make a complete copy of the 2.1 feed on the 3rd parties... Now someone has to ask LT6 who has the sources...
-or-
someone who likes the skin needs to adapt it and create when needed own Renderers and Converters -or- recommend some improvements for e,g, pliExtraInfo or so...

It is as it is....

The same we have for closed source plugins...

Edited by littlesat, 29 July 2012 - 13:45.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Renderers and converters on pli 3.0-which are the same like on 2.1? #11 alsat1

• 221 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 29 July 2012 - 14:01

You have right @littlesat,I just asking,I am very glad to use pli which is open source image,but in daily use skin for me its doesnt matter did the one or two renderers or converters adapted in skin are from open source or closed source,when its working is ok.When not then need to change something but not with the image but with the skin,mayby by trying another renderers.I think pliExtraInfo is the same like DMCHDCaidDisplay(this is from DMConcinnty by aff for pli).Also verboseinfo is the same.
If I will change that in skin.xml should be ok.I doing this for fun and hobby-its not really a big problem if something dont wont work-as I said I using gbox which not showing correct ecm info on many images.I believe pli have all what I need,just need to know which renderers are ok for gbox.I know verboseinfo,pliextrainfo are ok,just need one more for show name of caid-for.eg.Nagravision or Seca etc.
Will test and let know here later.

Re: Renderers and converters on pli 3.0-which are the same like on 2.1? #12 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:57

It surprises me how many skins install converters even though the functionality they bring is already in another converter (like PliExtraInfo). This is asking for trouble. A skin should install xml files, not python code.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Renderers and converters on pli 3.0-which are the same like on 2.1? #13 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 30 July 2012 - 17:41

It surprises me how many skins install converters even though the functionality they bring is already in another converter (like PliExtraInfo). This is asking for trouble. A skin should install xml files, not python code.

Hear, hear!
Alas: apparently many skin-builders want to change the functionality of an image. That really is the world upside down!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users