Photo

Dropouts in records during recording of two different scrambeld broadcasts

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 teleradio

• 123 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 September 2012 - 18:32

First of all I'm using cccam ver. 2.3.0 for descrambling broadcasts.
I have repeatedly noticed that there are a problem during recording of two different scrambled broadcasts or during recording of one scrambled and one non scrambled broadcast. Once you have started a record of a scrambled broadcast for example SF1-HD (Suisse TV) by using an original smartcard and you do start another record of a different broadcaster like ORF (Austrian TV) also by using an original ORF smartcard , your record which was started first, will present some dropouts caused by the record start operation and the change of the descrambling technique (for example Viaccess and Cryptoworks or Irdeto and so on) which comes along. The same happens when you do record a scrambled broadcast and one non scrambled at the same time.
Please note: This happens as well by using OpenPLi images ver. 2.X as by using OpenPLi 3.0 Images!
If someone could have a look into this matter it would be grate!

Greetings
teleradio

Re: Dropouts in records during recording of two different scrambeld broadcasts #2 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 19 September 2012 - 18:33

Which box?

Can't it be that these provider(s) implement ecm rate limiting?

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Dropouts in records during recording of two different scrambeld broadcasts #3 teleradio

• 123 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 September 2012 - 18:46

Which box?

Can't it be that these provider(s) implement ecm rate limiting?

Hello my box is a XTREND ET-9200. I'm using cccam 2.3.0. I also try older cccam versions, but with the same results! Please note: this happens indipentely from the type of smartcard of some different broadcasters like TivùSat, ORF, Suisse Tv, Austriasat. If they do use ECM rate limiting, I don't know!
But it happens also if you do a record of one of this scrambeld broadcasters and a record of a non scrambeld boradcaster like ZDF or others.

greeting
teleradio

Re: Dropouts in records during recording of two different scrambeld broadcasts #4 jeffphil

• 116 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 19 September 2012 - 21:25

What about 2 unscrambled broadcasts
Until The Wheels are off the ground there is still hope

DM500,DM600,DM800HD,VU+ Duo

Re: Dropouts in records during recording of two different scrambeld broadcasts #5 teleradio

• 123 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 September 2012 - 22:01

What about 2 unscrambled broadcasts

I have just tryed to record two different free tv broadcasts simontaneously by switching betwe same timeeen some different disponible broadcasts at the same time. The result is: both records show some dropouts exactly when the switching and the record start was done.

greeting
teleradio

Re: Dropouts in records during recording of two different scrambeld broadcasts #6 jeffphil

• 116 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 19 September 2012 - 22:15

If you are seeing the dropouts on free tv then the problem is unlikely imho to be cam related. I don't quite understand how you went about the recording of the free channels but I gather the drop outs are happening when the second recording starts with one already in progress. I wonder if it is hdd related. what happens if you record 2 free tv channels and while the recording of both is in progress you view another recorded movie are there more drop outs other than the ones when the second recording starts?

Re: Dropouts in records during recording of two different scrambeld broadcasts #7 teleradio

• 123 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 September 2012 - 22:46

If you are seeing the dropouts on free tv then the problem is unlikely imho to be cam related. I don't quite understand how you went about the recording of the free channels but I gather the drop outs are happening when the second recording starts with one already in progress. I wonder if it is hdd related. what happens if you record 2 free tv channels and while the recording of both is in progress you view another recorded movie are there more drop outs other than the ones when the second recording starts?

Yes, you are right drop outs are happening when the second recording starts with one already in progress and when I switch between other free or also scrambeld channels with recording on progress. Every time you switched to another channel with recording in progress you will have a dropout in your record-

Re: Dropouts in records during recording of two different scrambeld broadcasts #8 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 19 September 2012 - 22:56

on different transponders? Or on the same transponder as well?

Re: Dropouts in records during recording of two different scrambeld broadcasts #9 teleradio

• 123 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 September 2012 - 00:11

on different transponders? Or on the same transponder as well?

on both, different transponders as well on the same

Re: Dropouts in records during recording of two different scrambeld broadcasts #10 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 20 September 2012 - 00:40

so even with two FTA channels on the same transponder, you get dropouts in your recordings?
That's weird, because that means I definitely should experience the same thing. And so far I have not. Whatever the combination.

Re: Dropouts in records during recording of two different scrambeld broadcasts #11 teleradio

• 123 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:04

so even with two FTA channels on the same transponder, you get dropouts in your recordings?
That's weird, because that means I definitely should experience the same thing. And so far I have not. Whatever the combination.

Which filesystem do you use? Ext3 or ext4?

Re: Dropouts in records during recording of two different scrambeld broadcasts #12 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:19

ext4
But I don't think that's related.
BTW, do you see the same thing when you do not record, but use PiP (and zap with the PiP window)

Re: Dropouts in records during recording of two different scrambeld broadcasts #13 teleradio

• 123 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 September 2012 - 14:04

ext4
But I don't think that's related.
BTW, do you see the same thing when you do not record, but use PiP (and zap with the PiP window)

After repeated tests I found out that the cause for most of the dropouts on broadcast records were caused by the HDD formerly initialized with an original Xtrend factory image and then assumed with all OpenPLi images till the newest OpenPLi 3.0 20120919.
After a new HDD initialization (partitioning and formating with ext4) by using the new OpenPLi 3.0 image 20120919 the dropouts seem to be disappeared except once in a while in the case you do start a broadcast record, switch to another channel and return to the channel which still is recorded. As soon you return to a channel / broadcast while it is recorded from another channel /broadcast you will get some dropouts on exact that point of the record where you did switch back. Not every time but once in a while. This especially if you record and watch scrambeld services, you do switch to another channels and turn back to the recorded one.
So I think the dropouts were caused mainly by the way the old image did initialize the HDD.

greeting
teleradio

Edited by teleradio, 20 September 2012 - 14:06.

Re: Dropouts in records during recording of two different scrambeld broadcasts #14 jeffphil

• 116 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 20 September 2012 - 21:16

I wonder if the HDD had fragmentation issues?

Re: Dropouts in records during recording of two different scrambeld broadcasts #15 Martin_B

• 115 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 September 2012 - 21:25

I have repeatedly noticed that there are a problem during recording of two different scrambled broadcasts or during recording of one scrambled and one non scrambled broadcast. Once you have started a record of a scrambled broadcast for example SF1-HD (Suisse TV) by using an original smartcard and you do start another record of a different broadcaster like ORF (Austrian TV) also by using an original ORF smartcard , your record which was started first, will present some dropouts caused by the record start operation and the change of the descrambling technique (for example Viaccess and Cryptoworks or Irdeto and so on) which comes along. The same happens when you do record a scrambled broadcast and one non scrambled at the same time.
Please note: This happens as well by using OpenPLi images ver. 2.X as by using OpenPLi 3.0 Images!

Greetings
teleradio

Hi,

Try editing
/etc/modules-load.d/_et9x00.conf

and change line
dvb

to
dvb lnb_power_off_in_standby=0

then via telnet
update-modules

and
reboot

on my et-9500 worked fine

Regards
Martin

Re: Dropouts in records during recording of two different scrambeld broadcasts #16 teleradio

• 123 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 September 2012 - 21:28

I don't know, but what I can tell you is, that after anHDD check with the device manager I got the message that the partition could be damaged.

Re: Dropouts in records during recording of two different scrambeld broadcasts #17 teleradio

• 123 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 September 2012 - 21:41

Greetings
teleradio

Hi,

Try editing
/etc/modules-load.d/_et9x00.conf

and change line
dvb

to
dvb lnb_power_off_in_standby=0

then via telnet
update-modules

and
reboot

on my et-9500 worked fine

Regards
Martin

Hello Martin!

Thank you for your suggestion. I know telnet, but I don't know how I can update modules! I would be grateful if you could give me a step by step instruction how to do this.

Re: Dropouts in records during recording of two different scrambeld broadcasts #18 Martin_B

• 115 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 September 2012 - 21:50

Hi just change line in /etc/modules-load.d/_et9x00.conf

then via telnet enter command:
update-modules

and enter command
reboot

i' m very interested if it works for you!

regards
Martin

Edited by Martin_B, 20 September 2012 - 21:50.

Re: Dropouts in records during recording of two different scrambeld broadcasts #19 teleradio

• 123 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 September 2012 - 22:06

Hi just change line in /etc/modules-load.d/_et9x00.conf

then via telnet enter command:
update-modules

and enter command
reboot

i' m very interested if it works for you!

regards
Martin

Which effect does the change from "dvb" to "dvb lnb_power_off_in_standby=0" have? Does it mean that the LNB powersupply will no longer switched off, when the box will turned off?

Re: Dropouts in records during recording of two different scrambeld broadcasts #20 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 20 September 2012 - 22:09

since the same thing happens for you with two services on the same transponder, the lnb power supply is not causing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users