modifying enigma

help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 raikol

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:15

i want to modify something of enigma2 libs exactly i want to remove an #IF 0 line in event.cpp (that prevents full epg info from load into extended description i think)
i have build the blackpole image for my ultimo (i think it doesnt mind the image) i want to know how to change the lib and run it with bitbake
what is the usual form of developing enigma2?????
i will try modify the file make a new tar.gz change the md5 in enigma2.bb and run it again against this with bitbake vuultimo-image

i think it is too much for only change a line :S and i would like to know how to change it better ... can i have the full sources and only make the enigma2 ipk? making full image is a lost of time no?

any manual about how to modify something in a image????? the plugins are easier because i can test in the stb ..... but the full image or enigma2 .... is more difficult :S

can anyone help me?

Re: modifying enigma #2 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:31

edit your files & create a fix.patch (example) with diff -u then add that patch in enigma2.bb then bitbake -b path -f -c clean and bitbake -b path -f -c build

you should know how to work with these things

Open Vision sources: https://github.com/OpenVisionE2

Re: modifying enigma #3 raikol

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 September 2012 - 14:04

i am new in to this .... i know programming but not this kinds and less from console xD

i am used to eclipse and java :)

after build enigma i have to flash the image again or put the file inside i suppose ...... ok :)

thank you

Re: modifying enigma #4 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 25 September 2012 - 14:20

You can build enigma2 'in tree' with bitbake. There is a special enigma2.bb recipe in the root of the enigma2 project.

For openpli 3.0 you should be able to do the following:

1) Clone the oe3.0 repo and build an openpli-enigma-image
2) Clone the enigma2 repo on your pc into path/to/your/local/enigma2
3) Go to the build-<box> dir
4) source env.source
5) bitbake -b path/to/your/local/enigma2/enigma2.bb
6) You might want to mipsel-oe-linux-strip main/enigma2 to reduce the filesize of enigma2
7) Then copy main/enigma2 to your box.

enigma2.bb was changed for the oe-core structure used in openpli 3.0.
So if you want to use it in a 2.1 environment, you should use an earlier version of enigma2.bb (git show 2da2834d15cdd64134565278e400c44595b98a19:enigma2.bb)

You can also use the devshell
1) bitbake devshell
2) run the devshell script in tmp/deploy/addons/ , script is called mipsel-oe-linux-openpli-<boxtype>-devshell
3) go to path/to/your/local/enigma2 and run oe_runconf and oe_runmake

* ffmpeg.org seems to be down, so my build doesn't work and I couldn't verify all of it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users