installation channel

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 polomora

• 85 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 October 2012 - 14:52

Hello,

I have just installed OpenPLI on my new VU+ Duo box.
For now, I'm using it to receive the UK Freesat bouquet at Astra 28.2E, and everything seems OK. Very impressed.

When I press the CHANNEL up/down buttons just below and to the right of the central up/down/left/right buttons, it allows me to select the bouquet. I select the English package.
When I then press the up/down buttons in the centre of the remote, all channels are displayed, even ones I don't have a valid subscription for:

313 BBC HD

314 BBC One HD

315 BBC 1 London

316 BBC 2 England

317 <n/a>

318 <n/a>

319 <n/a>

320 BBC World

321 <n/a>

Channel 320 (BBC World) is dimmed, and I'm not able to select it. Channels 317, 318, etc are <n/a>. When I select these, "Service not found" is displayed and then the screen goes blank.

When I press the blue button marked as Favourites, the Channel Selection TV) - User - Bouquets is displayed for (some reason in Dutch, I've translated back into English):

Favorieten (favourites) HD 03-10-2012

Favorieten (favourites) SD 03-10-2012

TV Vlaanderen

Sky Deutschland

Engels pakket (English package)

Sky UK

etc

When I press the EPG button, the programme list for the currently selected channel is displayed.

Is there a way to edit/customise the channel list, so that I can scroll through BBC1, BBC2, etc?

Is there a way to display a classic EPG for a pre-specified list of channels, with the channels listed vertically, and the guide listed horizontally by time?

Many thanks,
Paul

Re: New user VU+ Duo, how to customise channel list #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 14 October 2012 - 15:13

If this is a new installation, it looks like you've installed some settingslist as well, like for example Henksat settings, which is a Dutch list maker.
Channels that display <n/a> are channels that according to your dish definition can not be received, same for greyed-out channels.

Make sure you have the latest OpenPLi running (do a software update from the box first), then run a full scan on the box to update the channel list.

To make bouquets, the easiest option is to install DreamboxEdit on your PC. It allows you to copy the channel lists to your PC, and use drag-and-drop to create new lists in the order you want. When finished you can simply upload the new lists to your box. If you want to go this route, make sure you uninstall any installed channellist on the box before you upload again, otherwise the next box update will overwrite your own channel list.

You can do this on the box too, but with the number of channels in the UK list, I think you'll end up with a sore thumb from using the remote...

As to the EPG, there are several options available under plugins, you can install any try them to see which one suits you best.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: New user VU+ Duo, how to customise channel list #3 polomora

• 85 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 October 2012 - 17:09

Hi WanWizard,

Thanks for the quick reply, especially about using DreamBoxEdit. I managed to edit the channel lists displayed.

I have some more questions. You wrote:

- "...make sure you uninstall any installed channellist on the box before you upload again, otherwise the next box update will overwrite your own channel list".
How do I do this?

- "As to the EPG, there are several options available under plugins..."
Where is the plugins menu option? On my box, when I press the MENU button, I see the following:

Timer

Information

Setup

Power Management

Under the Setup option, the following are displayed

System Settings

SoftCam/CI

Parental Control

Factory Reset

Software Update

The installed software is v3.0, date 2012-10-14.

Re: New user VU+ Duo, how to customise channel list #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 15 October 2012 - 00:04

If, when you installed the image or later on, installed a settings list from our downloads, that list is under version control. That means that if an updated list is published, your channels and bouquet definitions will be replaced by the new ones when you do a software update on the box.

If so, it should be present in the plugins list, from where you can de-install it. If Plugins is not in the menu, perhaps your system settings is not set to "Export mode".

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: New user VU+ Duo, how to customise channel list #5 polomora

• 85 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 October 2012 - 22:36

Thanks,

The expert mode fixed it.

Re: New user VU+ Duo, how to customise channel list #6 messenmack

• 41 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:54

Make sure you have the latest OpenPLi running (do a software update from the box first), then run a full scan on the box to update the channel list.

To make bouquets, the easiest option is to install DreamboxEdit on your PC. It allows you to copy the channel lists to your PC, and use drag-and-drop to create new lists in the order you want. When finished you can simply upload the new lists to your box. If you want to go this route, make sure you uninstall any installed channellist on the box before you upload again, otherwise the next box update will overwrite your own channel list.

Is there a detailed 'how to' on this subject, as I need to customise a list for myself, but am a total noob, with no linux experience at all!

Can I use Dreambox Edit on a windows box, and is it possible to upload any new list via usb?

Any/all help appreciated, and thanks for your time.

Re: New user VU+ Duo, how to customise channel list #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 16 October 2012 - 14:09

DreamboxEdit is a Windows application, that talks to your box using HTTP and FTP. No linux involved.

There is a short article about it in the wiki, but no detailed description.

But the application is quite simple. You have the long list of available channels on the left (that the tool reads from the box), the list of bouquets on the right. Using drag-and-drop you can move channels to bouquets, or reorder them in a bouquet. This all happens off-line, on your PC. Once you're happy, save it and upload it back to your box. This all happens via the network, because it needs to communicatie with Enigma to load the new lists. It doesn't work via USB.

Re: New user VU+ Duo, how to customise channel list #8 messenmack

• 41 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 16 October 2012 - 16:10

DreamboxEdit is a Windows application, that talks to your box using HTTP and FTP. No linux involved.

There is a short article about it in the wiki, but no detailed description.

But the application is quite simple. You have the long list of available channels on the left (that the tool reads from the box), the list of bouquets on the right. Using drag-and-drop you can move channels to bouquets, or reorder them in a bouquet. This all happens off-line, on your PC. Once you're happy, save it and upload it back to your box. This all happens via the network, because it needs to communicatie with Enigma to load the new lists. It doesn't work via USB.

My setup is almost exclusively wifi, I had to buy powerplugs to have my ET9500 cabled at all. I had hoped to add it to my wireless network, but my netgear dongle didn't work out.

I have d/loaded Dreambox Edit to my pc, but am not sure how to proceed further?

I am in The Netherlands, and have Canal Digital as my sat provider, but as an ex pat, I also watch/use all of the British channels too.

How would I go about importing such a list? Apologies for so many questions, but as mentioined earlier, I'm a noob, and an oldish one to boot!

TIA.

JimmyMack.

Re: New user VU+ Duo, how to customise channel list #9 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 16 October 2012 - 17:19

Doesn't matter, works fine over any type of network connection. Just make sure your box has a working connection. If you can update from the box, or see/download plugins, that should be ok.

In the settings you'll find the network section, and in there it will show you the IP address that your internet router has assigned to the box.

When you start DreamboxEdit, go to Tools, Options, and create a profile for your box, using the IP address you found. Username is root, and on a new box, the password is blank. All other settings are already correct for an Enigma2 box. You can use the test buttons to test the connection. After that you can close this window, and select File, FTP. Select the profile you've just made and click on "Receive Files". Once received you'll see all your channels..

Sending them back after an update works the same. File, FTP, Send files. Make sure "Auto reload..." and "Remove unused..." are ticked before you do that.

Re: New user VU+ Duo, how to customise channel list #10 Meega

• 3,000 posts

+51
Good

Posted 16 October 2012 - 18:52

And make sure that before uploading to your box you've uninstall the settings list through the plugin browser (red button),otherwise at the next update the list will be updated to.

ET10000+ Openpli 6.1,1m schotel 4x duo-lnb op vaste opstelling.

Momolights teensy 2.0 met 50 leds op een string ,150 channels
DM8000 Openpli 6.1 Release

Re: New user VU+ Duo, how to customise channel list #11 messenmack

• 41 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 17 October 2012 - 16:18

Doesn't matter, works fine over any type of network connection. Just make sure your box has a working connection. If you can update from the box, or see/download plugins, that should be ok.

In the settings you'll find the network section, and in there it will show you the IP address that your internet router has assigned to the box.

When you start DreamboxEdit, go to Tools, Options, and create a profile for your box, using the IP address you found. Username is root, and on a new box, the password is blank. All other settings are already correct for an Enigma2 box. You can use the test buttons to test the connection. After that you can close this window, and select File, FTP. Select the profile you've just made and click on "Receive Files". Once received you'll see all your channels..

Sending them back after an update works the same. File, FTP, Send files. Make sure "Auto reload..." and "Remove unused..." are ticked before you do that.

Thanks so much, very appreciated.

Re: New user VU+ Duo, how to customise channel list #12 messenmack

• 41 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 17 October 2012 - 16:35

And make sure that before uploading to your box you've uninstall the settings list through the plugin browser (red button),otherwise at the next update the list will be updated to.

Not quite sure what you mean, the only plug in browser I see on the box is the FTP one?

Searching in all the directories, yet can't find any channel list to import? Just where should I be looking?

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Re: New user VU+ Duo, how to customise channel list #13 messenmack

• 41 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 17 October 2012 - 18:56

Thanks to you folks, I am at the stage where I am about to send back to my box.

What is it I MUST delete specifically to hold things 'as is' when updating?

Actually, my updates seemed to have dried up recently.

Am using 2.1.

Thanks again for the support.

Re: New user VU+ Duo, how to customise channel list #14 messenmack

• 41 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 17 October 2012 - 20:30

I managed to work it out, got there in the end.

Thanks again for the support.

Re: New user VU+ Duo, how to customise channel list #15 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 17 October 2012 - 20:34

2.1 is end of life (for all boxes except the DM7025 and the DM800HD), if you want to keep up you'll have to go to 3.0.

What I meant with my statement about the settings list:

if the list that is correctly in the box got there because you selected, downloaded and installed it, then that list is under version control. Which means that if we update it, and you run an update on the box, you will automatically receive an updated list. It would be an issue if that would overwrite the list you made yourself. So if you did this, you have to go to menu, plugins, select it from the list, and de-install it (using the red button in that list).

After this you can send the new list from DreamboxEdit to your box.

Re: New user VU+ Duo, how to customise channel list #16 messenmack

• 41 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:54

2.1 is end of life (for all boxes except the DM7025 and the DM800HD), if you want to keep up you'll have to go to 3.0.

What I meant with my statement about the settings list:

if the list that is correctly in the box got there because you selected, downloaded and installed it, then that list is under version control. Which means that if we update it, and you run an update on the box, you will automatically receive an updated list. It would be an issue if that would overwrite the list you made yourself. So if you did this, you have to go to menu, plugins, select it from the list, and de-install it (using the red button in that list).

After this you can send the new list from DreamboxEdit to your box.

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm still not sure exactly what you mean.

I understand the overwrite issue, but am lost re plug in deletion?

I don't see any plug ins for channel lists?

I was hoping to just change the file name, but see no option for this.

Re: New user VU+ Duo, how to customise channel list #17 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:00

Ok, one step back.

You installed a new image on your box. And your box now has a channel list and bouquets. How did they get onto your box? You either did a scan and created the bouquets manually, or you installed a ready-made channel list from our downloads, either during the setup process, or by installing one later. What did you exactly do?

Re: New user VU+ Duo, how to customise channel list #18 messenmack

• 41 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 18 October 2012 - 13:14

Ok, one step back.

You installed a new image on your box. And your box now has a channel list and bouquets. How did they get onto your box? You either did a scan and created the bouquets manually, or you installed a ready-made channel list from our downloads, either during the setup process, or by installing one later. What did you exactly do?

I didn't get round to upgrading from 2.1 to 3.xx yet, so am still using the old image.

I used Dreamboxedit to import the channel list from my box, edited it to my liking, then put it back.

My channel list is as I want it, but I do understand that should I update, or do a scan, my customised settings will be lost.

I hope this makes some semblance of sense?

Re: New user VU+ Duo, how to customise channel list #19 Henksat

• 14,843 posts

+50
Good

Posted 18 October 2012 - 14:38

My channel list is as I want it, but I do understand that should I update, or do a scan, my customised settings will be lost.

When you`re doing a scan, your customized list will not change, only the "all" list will be different, you`re bouqets will still be the same.
But if, especcially if, the "original" channellist came from our downloads, it will be overwriiten when you do an update.

How to avoid?
Simple: Make sure youre settingslist is on your PC, downloaded with Dreamboxedit. Go to Applications in your menu, press red-button (delete/remove), choose settings en remove the channelist there is.
Now, your box doesn`t know anymore you`ve installed the list once, now put the list back with Dreamboxedit.
Doing an update know will not harm your settings anymore,

Re: New user VU+ Duo, how to customise channel list #20 messenmack

• 41 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 18 October 2012 - 15:13

When you`re doing a scan, your customized list will not change, only the "all" list will be different, you`re bouqets will still be the same.
But if, especcially if, the "original" channellist came from our downloads, it will be overwriiten when you do an update.

The list I used to customize, was the Canal Digitaal list on my ET9500. I got this by using the receive file from Drreambox option on DE.

I just did a fastscan to see what happens, and 'my' list has been overwritten.

How to avoid?
Simple: Make sure youre settingslist is on your PC, downloaded with Dreamboxedit. Go to Applications in your menu, press red-button (delete/remove), choose settings en remove the channelist there is.
Now, your box doesn`t know anymore you`ve installed the list once, now put the list back with Dreamboxedit.
Doing an update know will not harm your settings anymore,

I don't see any 'applications' option in my menu. Is this in the main menu, or a subset from there?

Sorry for yet more questions, but if I don't ask, I'll never find out.

And big thanks to all for helping.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users