ET9x00 MQB keymap.xml

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 hounce

• 33 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 October 2012 - 13:48

Hi,

I flashed the newest PLi 3.0 yesterday on my ET9000 (formerly I used PLi 2.1).

With the keys "arrow left" and "arrow right" I cannot switch the channel. Those keys are completely ignored.
Also with the arrow up key the channel selection is shown, but it is completely empty.

Using MQB could not improve this behavior, and from my point of view the keymap.xml is absolutely correct.
Also assigning Zap+ and Zap- to the P+/P- keys with MQB 2.8.4 was not successful (behavior similar to arrow left/right, which means those keys are ignored).

I would guess, that the root cause of the issue could be the empty channel selection, but I have no idea, why it is empty.

The only ways to change the channel are currently for me either using direct program numbers or the CoolTVGuide Channel Selection, which works as always.

Updating today to the new kernel didn't change anything.
Also deinstallation of an older version of MQB brought no success.
Other users don't seem to have this issue.

As the issue with the arrow left, arrow right keys arises also completely without MQB, I guess the problem is not related to MQB at all, which I only use to change the bahavior of P+, P- and some other keys.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,
Hounce

Re: [ET9x00] P+, P-, Arrow keys not working #2 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,635 posts

+695
Excellent

Posted 21 October 2012 - 13:52

Did you use MQB before?.... then remove it from /hdd/backup/autoinstall en reflash again....

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: [ET9x00] P+, P-, Arrow keys not working #3 hounce

• 33 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 October 2012 - 14:40

Hi littlesat,

thanks for the hint. As I spent several hours with installation and configuration of all the PlugIns I need, I would be glad, if there would be a way to correct this without reflashing.
Is there any chance for me?

Kind regards
Hounce

Re: [ET9x00] P+, P-, Arrow keys not working #4 hounce

• 33 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 October 2012 - 14:46

Hi again,

besides that, I don't have /hdd/backup/autoinstall at all, although I have indeed used MQB also before with PLi 2.1.

Kind regards
Hounce

Re: [ET9x00] P+, P-, Arrow keys not working #5 hounce

• 33 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:08

Hi,

as the state has been unacceptable for my wife (zapping not possible), and no solution at all was in sight for me, I flashed open AAF 2.0.
With this image everything works as it should now.

Personally I don't think I can blame MQB for my issue for two reasons:
- the problem occured also without it
- the channel list appeared, but it was empty, which cannot be caused by MQB (for my understanding)

As no one else complained about this issue (as far as I read) it is probably also not related to PLi itself, but something mysterious related to my environment or my workflow. Unfortunately my expectation, that the description of the symptoms gives a clear indication what has been broken, is wrong.

Kind regards
Hounce

Re: [ET9x00] P+, P-, Arrow keys not working #6 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,635 posts

+695
Excellent

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:58

As nobody verifies the issue here nothing is broken from our site... I would expect a very long thread as this was a real issue here... Non zapping is something everyone would notice - I even suggest it will light up skuls (upgrade warnings).

.... we really do not understand why you get the by you described issue... possibly an AAF's file restored via autorestore/install did distrub something.... Possibly AAF change the keymap which is restored in OpenPLI.... So please next time try to flash with no /hdd/backup... (rename it or delete it...)

Edited by littlesat, 22 October 2012 - 11:01.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: [ET9x00] P+, P-, Arrow keys not working #7 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:08

- the channel list appeared, but it was empty, which cannot be caused by MQB (for my understanding)

indeed, but this means that P+/P- are working fine, the real problem is that you have an empty channel list.

Re: [ET9x00] P+, P-, Arrow keys not working #8 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,635 posts

+695
Excellent

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:10

indeed, but this means that P+/P- are working fine, the real problem is that you have an empty channel list.

I would guess, that the root cause of the issue could be the empty channel selection, but I have no idea, why it is empty.

OMG....

Edited by littlesat, 22 October 2012 - 11:10.

Re: [ET9x00] P+, P-, Arrow keys not working #9 hounce

• 33 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 October 2012 - 15:33

Hi,

I just want to clarify 2 slight misunderstandings:
1.) I flashed open AAF after PLi 3.0. Before flashing PLi 3.0 I had PLi 2.1 on my box (for several month). So any remains from other images (besides PLi 2.1) are rather unlikely.
2.) I have no /hdd/backup, so also autorestore cannot be the reason.

More things to point out: I did not take over anything from PLi 2.1 after flashing PLi 3.0. I made a new tuner search run and just imported my old bouquets via DreamBoxEdit 5.0.2 (exactly the same I did afterwards with open AAF). Everything else was configured freshly from ground.

@littlesat: What do you mean with "OMG"?

So now that we agreed that the empty channel list is probably the root of my issues, for me the question is still, why has it been empty? And the next time I (or someone else) would encounter such an issue (maybe during my next flashing of PLi 3.0) what could be done to correct this?

Kind regards
Hounce

Re: [ET9x00] P+, P-, Arrow keys not working #10 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,635 posts

+695
Excellent

Posted 22 October 2012 - 15:49

OMG is Oh My God... ;)

Did you try to push the blue button and then select a bouquet after you put the settings there with dreambox edit... So at least a bouquet was selected?

Re: [ET9x00] P+, P-, Arrow keys not working #11 hounce

• 33 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 October 2012 - 16:27

Hi,

I have to admit: No.
Reason: As far as I remember I never had to select a bouquet somewhere. Therefore I assumed the bouquet "Favourites(TV)" had already been selected, as I also saw the related channels in both the CoolTVGuide Channel-Selection and in CoolTVGuide itself. Also Multi-EPG showed me those channels, if I remember now correctly.

Besides that: The blue button on the ET opens just the Extensions, currently I am not sure if a bouquet selection is possible there at all.

And: Shouldn't I be able to switch the bouquet in the (for me empty) channel list, like I used to do?

So your opinion is, that I just missed an obvious, very basic thing, which I always did all the times before when flashing other images (without ever recognizing this at all)?
How embarrassing (if it would be true).

Kind regards
Hounce

Re: [ET9x00] P+, P-, Arrow keys not working #12 Meega

• 3,000 posts

+51
Good

Posted 22 October 2012 - 16:31

Besides that: The blue button on the ET opens just the Extensions, currently I am not sure if a bouquet selection is possible there at all.

Kind regards
Hounce

He means the blue button when you're in the channellist.
Bluebutton is than "select bouquet"

ET10000+ Openpli 6.1,1m schotel 4x duo-lnb op vaste opstelling.

Momolights teensy 2.0 met 50 leds op een string ,150 channels
DM8000 Openpli 6.1 Release

Re: [ET9x00] P+, P-, Arrow keys not working #13 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,635 posts

+695
Excellent

Posted 22 October 2012 - 16:55

, as I also saw the related channels in both the CoolTVGuide Channel-Selection and in CoolTVGuide itself.

Did you use CoolTVGuide Channel Selection?

Re: [ET9x00] P+, P-, Arrow keys not working #14 hounce

• 33 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:10

Yes.

The only ways to change the channel are currently for me either using direct program numbers or the CoolTVGuide Channel Selection, which works as always.

Re: [ET9x00] P+, P-, Arrow keys not working #15 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,635 posts

+695
Excellent

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:33

Probably related... as Cool stuf in't sometimes as Cool as it seems (and could overwrite or overtaken system files)

Re: [ET9x00] P+, P-, Arrow keys not working #16 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 23 October 2012 - 13:19

Correct: using Cool PLi isn't PLi any more. And even if it does work atm, chances that thing go wrong after an image udate are quite large.
In fact all the 'Cool'-stuff is meant for simple (i.e. Dream-based) images.

And the result is: PLi gets the blame for the problems :rolleyes:

Edited by SatKiekerd, 23 October 2012 - 13:20.

Re: [ET9x00] P+, P-, Arrow keys not working #17 hounce

• 33 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:02

Hi,

after I finally finished my configuration/customization of the open AAF, the exactly same issue appeared also there. The reason is neither PLi, nor MQB nor some "cool stuff".

Although I don't understand how and why, I found out, that the reason is the skin I am usually using (a mod of the Kerni-HD1R2), which I downloaded long time ago from another forum. Although on first sight it appeared, that it is working perfectly also for PLi 3.0, it is now obvious, that it would require some adaptations. As I really like this skin (and my family is already used to it), I will perform any necessary changes when I can find some time for this, and in the meanwhile I will use another skin.

I tried several times to switch between this skin and other skins, so I am now absolutely sure that this is causing the issue. So for me, the cause is known and the issue is basically solved.

Thanks a lot for the support.
@SatKiekerd: Note that I never blamed anyone for the troubles I had (although I guess you are not explicitly referring to me) - but whereelse besides this forum should someone discuss such issues? I posted also in the MQB thread within one of the "official" Xtrend forums, but I also didn't get a reasonable answer there (which is now clear for me). Please note further that I am using "cool" stuff almost from the first day I received my box (without any issues until now), and IMHO this stuff is really increasing the value of the Box. But it is good for me to know, that according to your experience it might cause troubles under certain circumstances, so thanks for the general hint about "cool" stuff.

Kind regards
Hounce

Re: [ET9x00] P+, P-, Arrow keys not working #18 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:20

@SatKiekerd: Note that I never blamed anyone for the troubles I had (although I guess you are not explicitly referring to me) - but whereelse besides this forum should someone discuss such issues?

Indeed: I didn't.
And there's nothing wrong in discussing items/issues.

Please note further that I am using "cool" stuff almost from the first day I received my box (without any issues until now), and IMHO this stuff is really increasing the value of the Box. But it is good for me to know, that according to your experience it might cause troubles under certain circumstances, so thanks for the general hint about "cool" stuff.

Please be aware that 'cool-stuff' is basically meant for images offering little functionality.
When using PLi(-based images) you'll notice it doesn't need such add-ons, as there is already very much functionality embedded. Using Cool would double that, and even have the risk of ruining the setup.

Re: [ET9x00] P+, P-, Arrow keys not working #19 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,124 posts

+260
Excellent

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:01

Hi,

Please tell me how to have such nice timeline EPG as the one provided by CoolTVGuide, in OpenPli 3.0 standard image?

The standard EPG provided is quite ugly and not so intuitive and user-friendly as the one provided by CoolTVGuide, or perhaps I don't know how to have the timeline EPG in standard OpenPli 3.0?

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: [ET9x00] P+, P-, Arrow keys not working #20 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,448 posts

+397
Excellent

Posted 25 October 2012 - 13:02

Did you try the graphical multi epg? That provides a timeline for all channels and the look is ok.
To be honest I didn't use the CoolEPG plugin for 'ages'. I don't need it. ;)

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ET9x00, MQB, keymap.xml

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users