vu+ deep standby

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 polomora

• 85 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 November 2012 - 09:08

Hello,

Still busy with setting up the open pli image on my VU+.

I have some questions about deep standby. I was wondering if it is possible to the following:

1. Setup the standby button to directly enter into the deep standby state. I know that it is possible to configure it to display a power configuration menu when the button is long pressed for a second or so, but I would prefer to directly enter into deep standby, if possible.

2. I have configured XMLTV to update the EPG at 5:00. This wakes up the box from deep standby, but does not put the box back into deep standby when it is finished. Is it possible to setup a timer to for example, put the box back into deep sleep at 05:30?

Many thanks,
Paul

Re: [VU+ Duo] Deep standby #2 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 2 November 2012 - 11:33

ad 1
in menu/setup/system settings/graphical user interfce you can set action on power button press (long and short); 'immediate shutdown' is among avaliable options there...
ad 2.
as a workaround, you can set up a repeatable (fake) record timer which starts/ends at 5:30, with after event 'go to deep standby' defined... (as a side effect you'll get everyday new empty recording for clean up ;)
//unfortunately it's not possible to define after event behavior for zap timer (which would be more convenient for this)...
True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: [VU+ Duo] Deep standby #3 polomora

• 85 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 November 2012 - 14:36

Thanks Blzr,

ad 1.
I suppose "immediate shutdown" is not the same as "deep standby" ? I guess you can't schedule a timer recording or an epg update from shutdown?

ad 2.
Or would it be possible to update the epg when the box is restarted out of deep standby? All I want to do is to reduce the power consumed by the box when not in use, and still be able to regularly update the epg in an automated way. Is there another way to do this?

Paul

Re: [VU+ Duo] Deep standby #4 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 2 November 2012 - 16:28

ad 1
'immediate shutdown' = putting box into 'deep standby'
scheduled recording from deep standby is of course possible (unless your box is vuduo from the very first batch, like myself :-/)
//and btw. in your case vu would be 'active' at the start of timer recording /?/ ;)

ad 2
not sure if I understand.../?/
you wrote that you're able to update epg from deep standby, right?
and you'd like to put stb into deep standby after that?
so my 'solution' should help you achieve this...
True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: [VU+ Duo] Deep standby #5 polomora

• 85 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 November 2012 - 20:58

Blzr,

You're right, I was just looking for another solution. I suppose that it should be possible to write these "fake" empty recording to a special place on the hard disk, (such as /hdd/standby_recordings) and create a cron job to regularly clean the directory.

Thanks again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vu+, deep standby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users