Photo

Enigma2 and BBC/ITV at 27.5W Intelsat - a big challenge

• Please log in to reply
1940 replies to this topic

Re: Enigma2 and BBC/ITV at 27.5W Intelsat - a big challenge #1021 Lawman

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:10

Hello Erik, the BCM4505 works well, the weird thing is that I captured the BBC channels with my Sundtek USB S2, DVBsnoop is installed, the scripts are running, BISS works.

Then i Switch to the BCM4505 tuner, go the a BBC channel, i have a signal. But no demux. When i try to scan the transponder, i get a lock but it doesn't find any channels.  It maybe a driver issue, because the same tuner in a DM800se works perfectly for BBC, but not in the DM8000.

Ill keep testing...thanks law

Re: Enigma2 and BBC/ITV at 27.5W Intelsat - a big challenge #1022 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:12

Isn't that to be expected? The PMTs on this transponder are scrambled, not?

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Enigma2 and BBC/ITV at 27.5W Intelsat - a big challenge #1023 Lawman

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:47

Yes they are, but all works well with the an external USB Tuner on the same box with the same setup (dvbsnoop scripts etc), but not with the internal BCM4505...

Re: Enigma2 and BBC/ITV at 27.5W Intelsat - a big challenge #1024 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:58

Does the external USB tuner have some magic to decrypt the PMT's ;)

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Enigma2 and BBC/ITV at 27.5W Intelsat - a big challenge #1025 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 17 December 2015 - 13:05

What Erik is hinting at, I believe, is that this topic is "on the edge" so you must be very careful when phrasing your problems.

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: Enigma2 and BBC/ITV at 27.5W Intelsat - a big challenge #1026 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 17 December 2015 - 15:29

I know what you mean, but this time I was actually not hinting. I just don't understand how a transponder with encrypted PMT's can be scanned by enigma ;)

Re: Enigma2 and BBC/ITV at 27.5W Intelsat - a big challenge #1027 Lawman

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 December 2015 - 15:44

Yeah its weird but like I said it works with the Sundtek DVBS2 USB Stick in a DM8000 with an OpenATV Image. Thanks for the asssitance and Ill keep testing the BCM4505 tuner ;-)

Re: Enigma2 and BBC/ITV at 27.5W Intelsat - a big challenge #1028 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 18 December 2015 - 11:03

I guess you will have to use method described in this topic more than once ;)

Edited by Erik Slagter, 18 December 2015 - 11:03.

Re: Enigma2 and BBC/ITV at 27.5W Intelsat - a big challenge #1029 daxo

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 December 2015 - 13:56

Hello all,

I try to get these BBC channels cleared on my ET8000 + Pli 4.0 but I am not even able to run a pmt script (v3 but tried also v6).
According to post #884 it should work in short mode on this box. I have installed dvbsnoop, put all 3 necessary files in /usr/bin but still got a „timeout reading PMT“ message. So I erased both bbc_pmt_starter.sh and enigma2_pre_start.sh files, restarted enigma and tried to start the .py script manualy. Here is the output:

root@et8000:/usr/bin# ./bbc_pmt_v3.py -t short -d /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0
Unknown option: -
usage: /usr/bin/python [option] ... [-c cmd | -m mod | file | -] [arg] ...
Try `python -h' for more information.

What am I doing wrong? I am not very experienced in Linux, so maybe I am doing just a stupid mistake somewhere in my procedure.

Thanks and a Merry Christmas to all of you.

Re: Enigma2 and BBC/ITV at 27.5W Intelsat - a big challenge #1030 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,692 posts

+1,741
Excellent

Posted 24 December 2015 - 19:00

There's a space between the "-" and the option. It's "-t" and "-d" without a space...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Enigma2 and BBC/ITV at 27.5W Intelsat - a big challenge #1031 daxo

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 December 2015 - 07:50

Hi, WanWizard. 

Thanks for your reply. But there is no space for sure. I tried to copy the command from this topic as well as writing it manually.

Btw, this is how it would look like if there was a space:

root@et8000:~# ./bbc_pmt_v3.py - t short - d /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0

Re: Enigma2 and BBC/ITV at 27.5W Intelsat - a big challenge #1032 daxo

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 December 2015 - 08:16

I forgot to mention that I got the same output when I tried to run the script w/o any arguments.

root@et8000:~# /usr/bin/bbc_pmt_v3.py
usage: /usr/bin/python [option] ... [-c cmd | -m mod | file | -] [arg] ...
Try `python -h' for more information.

Re: Enigma2 and BBC/ITV at 27.5W Intelsat - a big challenge #1033 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,692 posts

+1,741
Excellent

Posted 25 December 2015 - 11:39

Then it's a similar typo inside the script.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Enigma2 and BBC/ITV at 27.5W Intelsat - a big challenge #1034 daxo

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 December 2015 - 16:45

The same script is working for many of other users here, so it was not a cause...

The problem meanwhile solved. It was probably caused by archive manager in Ubuntu. After I unzipped the downloaded zip file on my Son's PC with Windows, it is running correctly.

Now I will have to cope with the part which is not allowed to talk about here :) as the picture still not cleared.

Thank you WanWizard and andres66 for your effort.

Re: Enigma2 and BBC/ITV at 27.5W Intelsat - a big challenge #1035 doublet

• 90 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 27 December 2015 - 21:37

ahrm,,, if you say its scrambled using dvb CSA-scrambling, what key/controlword is used to descramble the PMT? I guess that is unknown in public but known to boxes like Technomate 5402HD, Dr. HD and Blade.

From what I see in the script its just fetching correct apid/vpid out of the channel list and making a dummy capmt file that is fed to the softcam.

Another method is that dvbsnoop can also fetch all streams from a channel, even if they are not in the ca pmt. Thats handy since the ca pmt is useless until we know how to decrypt it. So dvbsnoop fetches all video/audio streampids and the script is writing a bogus ca pmt based on that info.

Ok, ca pmt files is written now its the softcam to do its magic:

The softcam is starting up a dummy ecm filter, biss controlword key is received, streampids for video/audio get enabled on ca device and controlword is written to ca device.

And there you go, picture and audio is cleared!

So since now oscam doesnt rely any longer on ca pmt that receiver delivers, we can add decryption of ca pmt too. Making the whole script and dvbsnoop obsolete. Even the usage of special channellist with correct vpid/apid in it.

But to accomplish this we have to analyze the crypted pmt tables the channels have. It could be something easy like the pmt table is scrambled with exact same biss key that is used for decoding the apid/vpid but it could be a static key like "DEADBEAFDEADBEAFDEADBEAF01020304"

But if its CSA scrambled perhaps a modified colibri's CSA decryption tool can get the correct key for us. (think this tool is used too to hack new biss key if key is changed)

My problem: I dont have any crypted PMT table of any of these channels... and I dont know what size of dish is needed to get these channels from my location (if its possible at all!)

So further research from my side is stalled right now.

Hi theparasol,

I'm too busy to check this forum often :-). Perhaps you've already found out but here is some information:

PMT is scrambled with BISS and same key as other PIDs. In short mode, I'm putting just PMT PID into CAPMT, eventually it got descrambled and received by Enigma. Then Enigma can build correct CA PMT and send it to softcam. This is more elegant than long mode where I'm building CA PMT from cached data in lamedb. Unfortunatelly not all receivers can deal with short mode - perhaps they can ony descramble stream PIDs and not sections (like PMT).

Re: Enigma2 and BBC/ITV at 27.5W Intelsat - a big challenge #1036 zakdk

• 26 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 January 2016 - 00:56

has anyone had any success in being able to record to hdd on 27w ? using vusolo2 open pli4, i just get black screen when i play back, any suggestions ?

no problems with mine either !!!

VU+SOLO2 original.

Re: Enigma2 and BBC/ITV at 27.5W Intelsat - a big challenge #1037 zakdk

• 26 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 January 2016 - 00:57

Hi can someone tell me if STV HD and UTV HD Works or not????????????

VU+SOLO2 original.

Re: Enigma2 and BBC/ITV at 27.5W Intelsat - a big challenge #1038 kota

• 89 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:04

No they don't

Re: Enigma2 and BBC/ITV at 27.5W Intelsat - a big challenge #1039 zakdk

• 26 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 January 2016 - 15:23

..thanxs. !!!

No they don't

VU+SOLO2 original.

Re: Enigma2 and BBC/ITV at 27.5W Intelsat - a big challenge #1040 percivjr

• 45 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 January 2016 - 17:15

Hi can someone tell me if STV HD and UTV HD Works or not????????????

No they don't

Just got 27.5W going. Here's my list of non-working TV channels:

BBC Alba
BBC RB1
BBC Red Button
CBBC
CBBC HD
CBeebies
STV HD
UTV

Anybody got any of these working are all the all empty? If so, could you please post the relevant lamedb entry.

Also, is there a solution to the low audio on HD problem (Vu+ Duo 2)?

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users