iPlayer

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 shumifan50

• 195 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 5 February 2013 - 17:50

I have found a BBC iPlayer for enigma2. The first version works, but the resolution is hit and miss, so sometimes the picture is almost unwatchable (360x172 or somehting like that). However there is a, I believe, a much better version available, but I don't know whether I can put the link here as it is on another image.
At the moment I can't get it to work as it requires dns-resolver and lxml, which are not available on my OpenPli image and the 3 packages provided on a thread here at OpenPli will not install on my DM500HD (I think I am still on 2 and not 3), so I cant test any further. But it all looks quite promising. There are also versions for RTE and ITV and the one mentioned above is a threeplayer verion supporting all three in one plugin.

It will be great to make these work on OpenPli.
DM600, DM800HD, DM7025, DM500S HD. DM800HDse, 90cm multi-bracket dish: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E, 28.2E. Runnign OpenPli where I can and loving it!

Re: BBC iPlayer (and RTE and ITV) available #2 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,469 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 5 February 2013 - 20:19

you can post the sources here

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: BBC iPlayer (and RTE and ITV) available #3 shumifan50

• 195 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 6 February 2013 - 11:04

Here is the link to the git repository:
https://github.com/o...master/OnDemand
DM600, DM800HD, DM7025, DM500S HD. DM800HDse, 90cm multi-bracket dish: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E, 28.2E. Runnign OpenPli where I can and loving it!

Re: BBC iPlayer (and RTE and ITV) available #4 shumifan50

• 195 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 6 February 2013 - 11:10

The git link above is to the later version that allows selection of quality, but I have not managed to make it work as it requires lxml module which I don't have for OpenPli 2.
The first version (quite primitive, but it does work) has no dependencies. Here is the link:

If this link is not allowed, can a moderator please remove it.
http://www.digitalwo...?do=file&id=275

Re: BBC iPlayer (and RTE and ITV) available #5 Pale-Rider

• 126 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:02

I have found a BBC iPlayer for enigma2. The first version works, but the resolution is hit and miss, so sometimes the picture is almost unwatchable (360x172 or somehting like that). However there is a, I believe, a much better version available, but I don't know whether I can put the link here as it is on another image.
At the moment I can't get it to work as it requires dns-resolver and lxml, which are not available on my OpenPli image and the 3 packages provided on a thread here at OpenPli will not install on my DM500HD (I think I am still on 2 and not 3), so I cant test any further. But it all looks quite promising. There are also versions for RTE and ITV and the one mentioned above is a threeplayer verion supporting all three in one plugin.

These are the dependencies required for use with the OE-Alliance OnDemand plugin, downloaded directly from the ViX image feeds. ( may need some tweaking to get them to work with Pli ).

Attached Files

Re: BBC iPlayer (and RTE and ITV) available #6 Pale-Rider

• 126 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:28

It's also worth noting that the BBC iplayer and ITV player in this plugin are no longer GEO locked and do not require the use of VPN's to access their content outside of the UK, the fix is included directly within the plugin it self.

Re: BBC iPlayer (and RTE and ITV) available #7 Pale-Rider

• 126 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 24 February 2013 - 17:36

Small fix for 3player. 24.02.13

[OnDemand] threeplayer.py - Better Error Handling
Make better use of error handling from findPlayUrl

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/50a80b0e36c647e3373aa8b86fd084f7a6f66b00

Extract the 3player.py file from the attached GIT and FTP it to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OnDemand/ overwriting the file already there, a reboot is required for the fix to take hold.

Re: BBC iPlayer (and RTE and ITV) available #8 PhenomXy

• 120 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 25 February 2013 - 00:49

These are the dependencies required for use with the OE-Alliance OnDemand plugin, downloaded directly from the ViX image feeds. ( may need some tweaking to get them to work with Pli ).

libxslt is another package yet missing in openpli images, can anyone post it.

Re: BBC iPlayer (and RTE and ITV) available #9 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:03

I think/hope you mean the attached package.
Attached File  libxslt_1.1.26-r7_mips32el.ipk   116.93KB   45 downloads

Re: BBC iPlayer (and RTE and ITV) available #10 PhenomXy

• 120 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:46

I think/hope you mean the attached package.
Attached File  libxslt_1.1.26-r7_mips32el.ipk   116.93KB   45 downloads

yes.

python-html is also needed installed it from feed, now it is working.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iPlayer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users