• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Re: Improved Satfinder #21 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 9 February 2013 - 11:26

Your English is perfectly fine, don't worry.

Your proposed change to the PLiHD skin is not something we don't want, it's simply another change. I think Littlesat (the current maintainer) surely wouldn't mind applying it.

Buttons get added and changed all of the time, skins always lag behind. It won't give green screens, it's just that the buttons aren't customised (yet). If we'd always wait for all skins to get adjusted to new buttons, nothing would ever change.

Can you pleave have a look at some other plugin on how to make a few buttons (something like |red cancel=exit||green scan=ok|), it should be quite straightforward.

The change to the PLiHD skin, we'll get that sorted.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Improved Satfinder #22 pingflood

• 23 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 9 February 2013 - 14:31

Your proposed change to the PLiHD skin is not something we don't want, it's simply another change. I think Littlesat (the current maintainer) surely wouldn't mind applying it.

Sorry, I don't want to sound as if I was pushing you. When I say that you don't want, is because I do understand that the current layout is something that the skinners should have proposed, discussed and accepted before. I do understand that change something in the GUI should be better discussed before going to the mainstream.

Buttons get added and changed all of the time, skins always lag behind. It won't give green screens, it's just that the buttons aren't customised (yet). If we'd always wait for all skins to get adjusted to new buttons, nothing would ever change.

Can you pleave have a look at some other plugin on how to make a few buttons (something like |red cancel=exit||green scan=ok|), it should be quite straightforward.

Is not a problem to add these features on the code side. I just thought it was not necessary, since all the other way to do a scan (automatic, manual and fast scan) uses the "press ok to scan" message, and don't uses the green button. In the first approach I didn't added such feature in order to try to keep this new scan function working in a similar way to others.

But, since to add this feature is just add one ActionMap on the code, the new patch follows attached. :)

So, now you have:
Red, Exit or whatever is mapped to "cancel" under "SetupActions": Cancel and exit;
Green, OK or whatever is mapped to "ok" or "save" under "SetupActions": Start scanning the current selected transponder.

That's on the code side. In order to show this to user, then we need to work again on the skin.

The change to the PLiHD skin, we'll get that sorted.

Nice. :)

Kind regards

Attached Files

Re: Improved Satfinder #23 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 9 February 2013 - 15:14

Sounds great.

I'll test shortly.

The GUI is not written in the stone, we have minor changes every now and then. That's okay especially if it improves something that has been wrong since the beginning ;)

Edited by Erik Slagter, 9 February 2013 - 15:14.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Improved Satfinder #24 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 9 February 2013 - 18:12

I now see what you mean. Most plugins have a default "skin" inside, but the sat finder only has the layout in the "default skin".

In that case you'd need to supply a patch to both the default skin and to the PLiHD skin that show the new button/texts. Can you do that?

Re: Improved Satfinder #25 adri

• 372 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 9 February 2013 - 20:25

I now see what you mean. Most plugins have a default "skin" inside, but the sat finder only has the layout in the "default skin".

In that case you'd need to supply a patch to both the default skin and to the PLiHD skin that show the new button/texts. Can you do that?

Erik,

Won't this cause a GSOD on every other skin people might be using, until they to have been patches?

Edited by adri, 9 February 2013 - 20:25.

Re: Improved Satfinder #26 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:21

That's why the default skin also needs to changed, afaik all skins fall back to the default skin for unknown elements. It won't look superb, but it will work.

Re: Improved Satfinder #27 adri

• 372 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 10 February 2013 - 14:48

That's why the default skin also needs to changed, afaik all skins fall back to the default skin for unknown elements. It won't look superb, but it will work.

If it doens't look nice, then people can patch their skin.
As long as it doesn't crash, it should be ok.

Re: Improved Satfinder #28 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2013 - 17:17

Yes, exactly.

Re: Improved Satfinder #29 pingflood

• 23 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 11 February 2013 - 17:46

For sure. :)

But if we want to add the red/green buttons to Satfinder GUI, then I need to suggest that we add it also to "Automatic scan", "Manual scan" and "Fast Scan", in order to try to keep a default template.

If we don't do this, then one screen will do things in a different way than another (one search with green/ok, other only with ok; one have buttons on the screen, other have a message on the bottom). I think this is a usability problem when using tools that performs similar tasks.

When I suggested the first approach, I was trying to not change a lot of things, because I know that if I just throw a batch of patches, the chances of it being implemented are minimal.. :P

But since you asked.. Keep reading.

Won't this cause a GSOD on every other skin people might be using, until they to have been patches?

It shouldn't, because I haven't added any new widget to the code, neither to the skin.
I can add the buttons as eLabel, so it won't cause green screen in any case, since it is just text and default images. ;)

If it doens't look nice, then people can patch their skin. As long as it doesn't crash, it should be ok.

For those who don't have an updated skin, the only thing will happen is that users will not know that pressing green/ok will start the scan (unleast they try by himselves :P ).

--

Contradicting what I said in the beginning, I prepared a batch of patches for this.
Check the attached files.

- fastscan.patch.txt: will patch FastScan plugin.py adding the green button for scan.
- satfinder.patch.txt: is the same previous Satfinder plugin.py patch. It is here just to group all patches in one message.
- scansetup.patch.txt: will patch Screens/ScanSetup.py, adding the green button for scan in Automatic scan and Manual scan.
- skin_default.xml.patch.txt: Patches the skin_default.xml, adding the red/green buttons to the following Screens: Satfinder, ScanSetup, ScanSimple. Also add the FastScanScreen to use the same template.

Check it out and discuss here what you think. If you think this is a good way to go, then I will create a patch for PLi-HD and share here with you.

Best regards

Attached Files

Re: Improved Satfinder #30 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 11 February 2013 - 18:25

Thanks, I will look at this very shortly.

Re: Improved Satfinder #31 pingflood

• 23 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 11 February 2013 - 20:37

I just forked @littlesat's skin-PLiHD git repository and I'm with the changes on the skin ready.

If after you test it, the patches are approved, I can directly pull him an update request. :)

Best regards

Re: Improved Satfinder #32 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 12 February 2013 - 18:35

Yeah, that's what we like ;)

I'll probably have time on Friday for a more thorough walkthrough.

Re: Improved Satfinder #33 Guardian

• 102 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:59

pingflood my friend GREAT work

Re: Improved Satfinder #34 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:47

- scansetup.patch.txt: will patch Screens/ScanSetup.py, adding the green button for scan in Automatic scan and Manual scan.

I am now checking all patches. This patch seems to have a part that is purely cosmetic:
@@ -369,9 +370,9 @@
  self.scan_sat.system.value = eDVBFrontendParametersSatellite.System_DVB_S
  self.list.append(getConfigListEntry(_('Satellite'), self.scan_satselection[index_to_scan]))
  self.list.append(getConfigListEntry(_('Frequency'), self.scan_sat.frequency))
- self.list.append(getConfigListEntry(_('Inversion'), self.scan_sat.inversion))
- self.list.append(getConfigListEntry(_('Symbol rate'), self.scan_sat.symbolrate))
  self.list.append(getConfigListEntry(_('Polarization'), self.scan_sat.polarization))
+ self.list.append(getConfigListEntry(_('Symbol rate'), self.scan_sat.symbolrate))
+ self.list.append(getConfigListEntry(_('Inversion'), self.scan_sat.inversion))
  if self.scan_sat.system.value == eDVBFrontendParametersSatellite.System_DVB_S:
  self.list.append(getConfigListEntry(_("FEC"), self.scan_sat.fec))
  elif self.scan_sat.system.value == eDVBFrontendParametersSatellite.System_DVB_S2:

That's is no problem, but it should be kept separate from functional changes. Are you okay if I leave this part out for the moment?

Edited by Erik Slagter, 15 February 2013 - 10:48.

Re: Improved Satfinder #35 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:11

Rest of the patches is ok (tested), will be committed soon.

Re: Improved Satfinder #36 pingflood

• 23 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 15 February 2013 - 15:30

I am now checking all patches. This patch seems to have a part that is purely cosmetic: (...)
That's is no problem, but it should be kept separate from functional changes. Are you okay if I leave this part out for the moment?

That's right.. I've just diffed my personal ScanSetup.py and forgot removing that part. Sorry for that.

You can remove it. Someday in the future maybe I just propose these small cosmetic change.

I'll push the skin patches to @littlesat at github, so if you commit the changes, skin could also be ready for it.

Thanks for your attention. :)

Best regards

Re: Improved Satfinder #37 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 15 February 2013 - 16:22

There you go, it's pushed. Thank you for your contribution!

If you're planning to make more contributions in the future (this is for others as well), you can make our work easier by doing the following:
- git clone enigma (full, no "bare" etc.)
- right before you publish a patch, do a git pull and resolve conflicts that might occur, so your patch is in sync with our codebase
- then either commit locally what you want and post the output of "git show" or "git add" the files you want to publish and post the output of "git diff --cached", both will yield one file with all required patches.
- please post the output inline and as attachment (like you did), that way it can be applied easily
- please give a (real) name and (real) e-mail address the patch can be contributed to, if that's no problem.

This all is not necessary If it's a trivial patch of a few lines of course ;)

If any of these steps gives problems, please yell!

Edited by Erik Slagter, 16 February 2013 - 10:36.

Re: Improved Satfinder #38 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:36

I just realised you probably edited the files on the receiver itself. In that case you can't use git of course.

Re: Improved Satfinder #39 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,231 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 20 September 2013 - 21:40

the main new feature is that now you can start scanning the transponder directly from the Satfinder.
This way you can find a satellite, fine tune it and scan the current TP all from the same screen.
In order to do this, you just need to press "OK". ;)

This doesn't work properly except on tuner A. If the receiver is on tuner B, C or D the result is either a BSoD (index out of range) or the wrong orbital slot is scanned.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 46, in action
    res = self.actions[action]()
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/Satfinder/plugin.py", line 244, in keyGoScan
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/ScanSetup.py", line 752, in keyGo
    infoBarInstance.checkTimeshiftRunning(self.keyGoCheckTimeshiftCallback)
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Timeshift.py", line 450, in checkTimeshiftRunning
    returnFunction(True)
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/ScanSetup.py", line 783, in keyGoCheckTimeshiftCallback
    orbpos = nimsats[selsatidx][0]
IndexError: list index out of range

Re: Improved Satfinder #40 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:15

˙

Edited by Erik Slagter, 24 January 2014 - 10:16.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: satfinder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users