ftp

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 mav2005

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 February 2013 - 12:19

Hello

since the last openpli upgrade (3.0) I am no longer able to connect to the dreambox via ftp.
I get: Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server" every time I try to connect via ftp
I have checked the ip address and credentials are correct
Dreambox network settings are also OK and working
I have also tried to restart everything, router, dreambox, pc.... same error

so not sure what else could it be

anyone has any ideas?

thank you!

Edited by mav2005, 8 February 2013 - 12:21.

Re: Unable to connect to DreamBox 500HD via FTP #2 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,388 posts

+393
Excellent

Posted 8 February 2013 - 13:42

Welcome to the Pli support board.
As no one of us can read minds, it would be nice if you would provide some extra information concerning the type of box you have. ;)

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: Unable to connect to DreamBox 500HD via FTP #3 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 8 February 2013 - 14:44

Title says 500HD ;)

I think the ftp server isn't running. It might not get installed automatically.

Can you check if the package vsftpd is installed?

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Unable to connect to DreamBox 500HD via FTP #4 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,388 posts

+393
Excellent

Posted 8 February 2013 - 16:41

Shame on me. :o I'm afraid I have to visit 'Hans Different' a.k.a. Hans Anders. :) ;)
I didn't look at the subject and only replied the first post.

I'm afraid I suffer from thesame problem as another PLi member. I hope it isn't contagious.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: Unable to connect to DreamBox 500HD via FTP #5 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 8 February 2013 - 17:05

That would be me I guess, I've felt into this trap so many times as well...

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Unable to connect to DreamBox 500HD via FTP #6 mav2005

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 February 2013 - 21:04

Title says 500HD ;)

I think the ftp server isn't running. It might not get installed automatically.

Can you check if the package vsftpd is installed?

Hi Erik,

thanks for your help, how do I check if the package vsftpd is installed? Also, do you mean installed in the set top box?

thanks,
Marco

Re: Unable to connect to DreamBox 500HD via FTP #7 gji25

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:24

would a pair of these help --O-O-- :)

Re: Unable to connect to DreamBox 500HD via FTP #8 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,388 posts

+393
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:13

would a pair of these help --O-O-- :)

I already have a pair of those. That doesn't help if you don't look at the subject. ;)
But for now, cut the crap and let's go back on topic. ;) :)

Re: Unable to connect to DreamBox 500HD via FTP #9 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:23

Telnet to the box and type opkg install vsftp that should do the trick.

Re: Unable to connect to DreamBox 500HD via FTP #10 mav2005

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:57

Telnet to the box and type opkg install vsftp that should do the trick.

HI Erik,

never used Telnet before
I downloaded 'Absolute Telnet' and connected to the box (IP 192.164.0.4 port 80
terminal says connection Success! so it seems it's connected, but I can't type anything, can't type any commands.....

Re: Unable to connect to DreamBox 500HD via FTP #11 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:58

You must use port 23 and login as "root".

Re: Unable to connect to DreamBox 500HD via FTP #12 mav2005

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 February 2013 - 13:02

You must use port 23 and login as "root".

if I use port 23 it says Failed: Connection refused
I don't see an option to enter 'root' the only Telnet options are Hostname and Port

Re: Unable to connect to DreamBox 500HD via FTP #13 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2013 - 13:17

Connection refused, that means that also no telnet is running. I think you're using the wrong ip address and you're trying to access another computer in your network instead of the box...

Re: Unable to connect to DreamBox 500HD via FTP #14 mav2005

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 February 2013 - 13:20

Connection refused, that means that also no telnet is running. I think you're using the wrong ip address and you're trying to access another computer in your network instead of the box...

IP address is correct, I use the same 192.168.0.4 to access the Dreambox web interface and it works fine
I can see the IP address of the dreambox also from the router settings page and on the TV :)
so not sure what's wrong really

(thank you for your time and patience!)

Re: Unable to connect to DreamBox 500HD via FTP #15 mav2005

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 February 2013 - 13:23

IP address is correct, I use the same 192.168.0.4 to access the Dreambox web interface and it works fine
I can see the IP address of the dreambox also from the router settings page and on the TV :)

also, this was working before, stopped working since the latest update of pli to version 3

should I use DHCP in the box server settings? it's enabled (well, it was enable also before when I could connect via ftp)

Re: Unable to connect to DreamBox 500HD via FTP #16 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2013 - 13:24

I think it's time for a complete flash of your box ;) It seems both telnet and ftp have stopped working...

Re: Unable to connect to DreamBox 500HD via FTP #17 mav2005

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 February 2013 - 13:31

also, this was working before, stopped working since the latest update of pli to version 3

should I use DHCP in the box server settings? it's enabled (well, it was enable also before when I could connect via ftp)

well I did flash with the latest pli image, if I would reflush I would get the same result
maybe I should go back to the previous version :mellow:

thanks!

Re: Unable to connect to DreamBox 500HD via FTP #18 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2013 - 13:36

Are you using wired or wireless network? Can you ping the box?

Re: Unable to connect to DreamBox 500HD via FTP #19 mav2005

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 February 2013 - 14:47

all wired
ping worked fine
as I said before I can also see the dreambox web interface on my browser so somehow i can connect to it, but not ftp :wacko:

I apprecciate your perseverance! :)

Re: Unable to connect to DreamBox 500HD via FTP #20 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2013 - 17:16

Looks like some firewall is blocking access...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users