Photo

Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4)

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #41 pryddie

• 19 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 March 2013 - 18:16

do you have connected your box into internet ?
Or can be temporary some with PLi's sources

Hi Mate
yes my box is connected to the internet ok with no problems. im lost asto what can be wrong now mate. ts been a hard time trying to get this to work

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #42 pryddie

• 19 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 March 2013 - 19:02

I give up mate i dont know whats wrong

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #43 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 22 March 2013 - 22:50

I was just watching The Jonathan Ross Show from ITV Player but when I pause the playback, I cannot resume it. Also rewind and fast forward keys do not work.
Do you have the same experience? In my case it is ET9000.

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #44 pryddie

• 19 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 March 2013 - 23:34

Hi Robinsn
Im afraid I cant answer the question as I dont even have it installed yet, however If I do I will gladly respond.
Cheers

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #45 Anzo

• 313 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 23 March 2013 - 17:42

I was just watching The Jonathan Ross Show from ITV Player but when I pause the playback, I cannot resume it. Also rewind and fast forward keys do not work.

Where did you read that back/pause/forward is part of this plugin? With other words: Not supported ;-)

Groet, André

:blink:

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #46 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 23 March 2013 - 18:05

OK, so I understand it is not possible to pause, rewind or fast forward?

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #47 Pale-Rider

• 126 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:56

Where did you read that back/pause/forward is part of this plugin? With other words: Not supported ;-)

Actually it is, yes you can Fast forward the stream to a limited degree and you can pause it although if you pause for over a couple of minutes it wont resume properly, i'm not sure about rewind though.

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #48 Anzo

• 313 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 24 March 2013 - 19:46

doesn't work on my 8000, it will only show you a thinking radar icons :-)

Groet, André

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #49 Anzo

• 313 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 26 March 2013 - 13:14

Any news on adding 4OD as in the original plugin?

Groet, André

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #50 frank087234

• 178 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 26 March 2013 - 17:40

Where can I find these files?, and where do they go to in the Dreambox image?? 

Did you manually install the required python plugins:

python-lxml
python-beautifulsoup
python-dnspython

These plugins may not exist in the OpenPli feed, in which case you'll need to get them elsewhere.

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #51 digidude

• 136 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 2 April 2013 - 21:46

i have created a simple bash script, that downloads ALL dependancies from my own webspace, downloads the missing .py files, as .py, downloads the latest complete set of .py files for the on demand plugin itself, all as ipk files, and installs them,

ive tested this on PLi 3.0 images on technomate TM-TWIN, TM-2T and TM-SINGLE receivers, and a Vu+ Duo

i can upload the ipk's, or the script, if anyones interested

im NOTHING to do with the OE-A, or any team involved with releasing any code under the label of OE-A, ive simply created a script for my own use to simplify my own testing across numerous receivers, that im willing to share

DMM 2x 500s, 2x 7020Si, 600s, 800s, 500HD.

Technomate 500, 500Super, 600, 9100, 800HD, 500HD, TWIN-OE, 2T-OE, Single-OE, NANO-OE. (& all non linux)

Vu+ Duo and others :)

ALL originals, a clone free environment.

www.technomatesoftware.co.uk

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #52 extrasmooth

• 22 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 2 April 2013 - 22:32

I think it would be very useful for the dependencies and IPKs to be uploaded here to give the chance for more people to test and experience this plugin with their specific receiver.

This will help to see if there is a pattern to the problems that some people have experienced when trying to install and use this plugin.

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #53 joepy

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 April 2013 - 11:31

i have created a simple bash script, that downloads ALL dependancies from my own webspace, downloads the missing .py files, as .py, downloads the latest complete set of .py files for the on demand plugin itself, all as ipk files, and installs them,

ive tested this on PLi 3.0 images on technomate TM-TWIN, TM-2T and TM-SINGLE receivers, and a Vu+ Duo

i can upload the ipk's, or the script, if anyones interested

im NOTHING to do with the OE-A, or any team involved with releasing any code under the label of OE-A, ive simply created a script for my own use to simplify my own testing across numerous receivers, that im willing to share

i'm interested very much in your ipk's. so i would be very grateful (and i suppose many viewers with me!) if you would be so kind to upload the ipk's here.

thanks a lot

take care

joepy

Edited by joepy, 3 April 2013 - 11:32.

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #54 digidude

• 136 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 5 April 2013 - 08:34

these are all of the dependancies that on demand relies on, a little off topic, but if anyone is able to compile the lxml for sh4, could you drop me a line please

Attached Files

Technomate 500, 500Super, 600, 9100, 800HD, 500HD, TWIN-OE, 2T-OE, Single-OE, NANO-OE. (& all non linux)

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #55 digidude

• 136 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 5 April 2013 - 08:38

these are ipk files i created myself, one is the latest .py files direct from the OnDemand git, latest files at time of posting, the one marked extras, is an ipk i created, again containing .py files, these files are a part of ViX that the plugin calls upon, but the files are not available in most other images, while trawling for the .py files, instead of the .pyo in the vix image, the python site stated that one of them was 'written out' in python 2.3

but, using these files, and the last ones i posted, OnDemand will install, and work perfectly, on OpenPLi 3.0

:)

Attached Files

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #56 joepy

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 April 2013 - 10:38

Thanks a lot, digidude. I'll let you know if and how it works on my DM8000 and OpenPLi 3.0

take care

yoepie

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #57 joepy

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 April 2013 - 07:53

@digidude, you did  a great job. everytthing is working nicely!

Edited by joepy, 6 April 2013 - 07:54.

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #58 rog

• 11 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 April 2013 - 21:13

does this plugiin also work with the old open pli 2.1?

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #59 wortellica

• 1,370 posts

+33
Good

Posted 7 April 2013 - 22:48

these are ipk files i created myself, one is the latest .py files direct from the OnDemand git, latest files at time of posting, the one marked extras, is an ipk i created, again containing .py files, these files are a part of ViX that the plugin calls upon, but the files are not available in most other images, while trawling for the .py files, instead of the .pyo in the vix image, the python site stated that one of them was 'written out' in python 2.3

but, using these files, and the last ones i posted, OnDemand will install, and work perfectly, on OpenPLi 3.0

where can i find ondemandextras after install ?

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #60 digidude

• 136 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 9 April 2013 - 10:17

where can i find ondemandextras after install ?

there is no 'extras' as such. its just what i called that file, so as not to mix up files that are not actually part of the ondemand sources themselfs, nor parts of any of the dependancy packages, but are files that ondemand will not work without

if you install everything without the ondemandextras ipk file, then ondemand will not work, or list in the plugins menu, due to missing python scripts, the extras simply ensures those files also get installed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users